Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 50

Author Topic: Gods of Lar- Oh Wait Nevermind  (Read 60982 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Lar
« Reply #480 on: May 08, 2013, 06:24:10 pm »

True enough. What are you going to use for the creature?

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Lar (Still not a debate club yet.)
« Reply #481 on: May 08, 2013, 06:30:03 pm »

My Idea:
Aim for about 2m tall, heavily muscled, as agile as we can make 'em, give them rapid asexual reproduction, greatly enhanced senses, and a carapace similar to that of the mantis shrimp.  Along with that we should aim for redundancy of necessary organs, and possibly a distributed central nervous system, to make them even more resilient to damage.

If we have any willing hummies we can use a particularly nice specimen as the template, and then our soldiers also give us an exponential mana increase.
As far as humans for modification, look amongst the old, infirm, and invalid for our first candidates for transformation, offer it as a way of life extension, with obligatory military service being the price.

Once again, I ask what you guys think.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 06:34:15 pm by Origami_Psycho »
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 08, 2013, 06:34:39 pm »

I suggest we use better weapons than YouTube.

Oh look, we're back on-topic.

My Idea:
Okay, let's aim for about 2m tall, heavily muscled, as agile as we can make 'em, give them rapid asexual reproduction, greatly enhanced senses, and a carapace similar to that of the mantis shrimp.  Along with that we should aim for redundancy of necessary organs, and possibly a distributed central nervous system, to make them even more resilient to damage.
I'm not sure about all that. I was imagining of us making more of a "prototype" critter.

If we have any willing hummies we can use a particularly nice specimen as the template, and then our soldiers also give us an exponential mana increase.
I dunno...

As far as humans for modification, look amongst the old, infirm, and invalid for our first candidates for transformation, offer it as a way of life extension, with obligatory military service being the price.
This might work. I guess. We should make it willing and vetoable by any close member of the family.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 08, 2013, 06:41:28 pm »

My Idea:
Okay, let's aim for about 2m tall, heavily muscled, as agile as we can make 'em, give them rapid asexual reproduction, greatly enhanced senses, and a carapace similar to that of the mantis shrimp.  Along with that we should aim for redundancy of necessary organs, and possibly a distributed central nervous system, to make them even more resilient to damage.
I'm not sure about all that. I was imagining of us making more of a "prototype" critter.

I dunno...

This might work. I guess. We should make it willing and vetoable by any close member of the family.
1/ We don't exactly have time for prototypes, we need as many functional soldiers asap

2 & 3/ I would say otherwise, but I suppose this is gonna turn into an exact mirror of the euthanasia debate
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 08, 2013, 07:03:47 pm »

Are you going to wait for the trappers to arrive as well?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 08, 2013, 08:02:23 pm »

My Idea:

I dunno...

1/ We don't exactly have time for prototypes, we need as many functional soldiers asap

2 & 3/ I would say otherwise, but I suppose this is gonna turn into an exact mirror of the euthanasia debate
1. Point. It goes against my sensibilities, but we don't have time for those.
2-3. I'd be interested to hear why you think that we shouldn't make sure they and their families are willing.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 08, 2013, 08:43:01 pm »

Primarily because when it comes down to it it is the decision of the individual, and we're offering them quite literally a cure from all disease, injury, infirmity, and the ability to live on, albeit in a slightly modified form.  Why would the family want him or her to die?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 08, 2013, 09:07:51 pm »

Primarily because when it comes down to it it is the decision of the individual, and we're offering them quite literally a cure from all disease, injury, infirmity, and the ability to live on, albeit in a slightly modified form.  Why would the family want him or her to die?
Why would the family want him/her to become a horrible abomination that's going to be away in the military all the time?
It depends on the family. Some would do it for the chance of living a little longer, some would do it to serve their god, but some would decline for various reasons and we shouldn't stop that.
Sig

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 09, 2013, 06:34:46 am »

Why would the family want him/her to become a horrible abomination that's going to be away in the military all the time?
It depends on the family. Some would do it for the chance of living a little longer, some would do it to serve their god, but some would decline for various reasons and we shouldn't stop that.
I still think that the decision should be left up to the individual, after all, it's their choice what they do with their life.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 09, 2013, 03:23:59 pm »

Yeah, they're still willing and able to make choices. As will all medical decisions, if they're conscious (and of age of majority), they can make their own decisions.

If they want to move their soul into a stronger body, let them. They'll be influenced by their family, but letting the family say no and have that be final is too much.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 09, 2013, 06:58:09 pm »

Yeah, they're still willing and able to make choices. As will all medical decisions, if they're conscious (and of age of majority), they can make their own decisions.

If they want to move their soul into a stronger body, let them. They'll be influenced by their family, but letting the family say no and have that be final is too much.
Those are good points.
If there's a plague going around make sure we clean up all the infected by giving them this opportunity.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 09, 2013, 07:04:25 pm »

Good point. Like a Leper colony on an island. Except they're super soldiers and not falling apart and not on an island.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 09, 2013, 07:17:55 pm »

Good point. Like a Leper colony on an island. Except they're super soldiers and not falling apart and not on an island.
EXACTLY!  And they don't die natural deaths.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Lar- Defibrilated with a Car Battery!
« Reply #493 on: June 10, 2013, 06:27:45 pm »

I may have underestimated the amount of time it takes to run this. I should have more time now that school is drawing to a close, but I feel this needs to get updated much more regularly and frequently to succeed. I'm pretty determined to not let this die until I've made a worthy companion to You Are a New God, so I am officially presenting an update schedule. I will update once a week at least. If I don't please stone me with PMs.

(This is where the update goes when I finish writing it. Which will be sometime tomorrow.)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 07:07:31 pm by Remuthra »

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Lar- Defibrilated with a Car Battery!
« Reply #494 on: June 11, 2013, 09:55:43 am »

I highly approve of this development.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 50