Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who is best Korea

Democratic People's Republic of Korea
Democratic People's Republic of Korea

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Bay12 propaganda appreciation: North Korea edition  (Read 16290 times)

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 02:29:49 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sigulbard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 propaganda appreciation: North Korea edition
« Reply #122 on: March 20, 2013, 08:58:46 am »

North Korea has a special town/village built near its border with South Korea, close to the only place where tourists are allowed. The town is fake and nobody lives there, but it is kept in good condition and frequently used in propaganda videos or images, as if to show how great North Korea is.

Anyways, has anybody here mentioned the Vice documentary thing about NK (on YouTube)? Apparently this guy 'smuggles' himself into the country and he is given a friendly and informative tour around the place.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 20, 2013, 11:09:13 am »

North Korea has a special town/village built near its border with South Korea, close to the only place where tourists are allowed. The town is fake and nobody lives there, but it is kept in good condition and frequently used in propaganda videos or images, as if to show how great North Korea is.

Anyways, has anybody here mentioned the Vice documentary thing about NK (on YouTube)? Apparently this guy 'smuggles' himself into the country and he is given a friendly and informative tour around the place.

Yeah they overdid the whole thing with the "smuggling" idea. It's actually pretty easy to go on holiday to North Korea. You and I could go tomorrow if we had the money.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 20, 2013, 11:14:43 am »

I'd join in. That sounds like fun.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 20, 2013, 11:15:23 am »

It's relatively easy to enter North Korea from the Chinese border (not so much the other way around, which is why I never wanted to try it).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 20, 2013, 11:17:29 am »

Yeah they overdid the whole thing with the "smuggling" idea. It's actually pretty easy to go on holiday to North Korea. You and I could go tomorrow if we had the money.
Guided tours to North Korea were always available to people living in the former USSR.
Pay the money for the tour, board an Air Koryo plane, fly straight into Pyongyang, enjoy the sights (and the government agents following you).
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 11:23:36 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sigulbard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 20, 2013, 12:55:31 pm »

Guided tours to North Korea were always available to people living in the former USSR.
Pay the money for the tour, board an Air Koryo plane, fly straight into Pyongyang, enjoy the sights (and the government agents following you).

As an extra bonus you get a free North Korean citizenship! What, leaving so soon? But the fun has merely just begun...

News: "Tourists gone missing after trip to North Korea."

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sigulbard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 20, 2013, 02:47:50 pm »

I actually plan on going to North Korea on holiday within the next 2-3 years, provided it doesn't turn into a fireball or the Northern Province of the Korean Union. Or confederation, if that's your thing. It's my thing anyway. I'm debating whether I should try to smuggle one of those watch camera things into the country and film everything illicitly.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 20, 2013, 02:50:54 pm »

From the outside, the ship looks like this.
and that is terrible
Sigtext

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sigulbard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 20, 2013, 03:16:09 pm »

I have dishonored my family. Carl, bring me my ritualistic suicide knife!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10