Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21

Author Topic: Leaders of a burning World (ICC)  (Read 21592 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Leaders of a burning World (ICC)
« on: March 07, 2013, 05:18:54 pm »

OOC

Status of the World

Political
All things normal

Military
No major conflicts

Economical
Market prices Stable

Society
Many refugees flee irradiated cities, relocation needed.

Environemental
Environemental decay within normal parameters
Widespread radiation poisoning

Major News
None

Players

Spoiler: Sky Lords (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The New Order (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eiretic (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 10:03:28 am by 10ebbor10 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Leaders of a burning World
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 05:20:40 pm »

Almanac

Spoiler: Quick reference (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Historical events (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Science and technology (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Weaponry (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Diplomacy and nations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Varia (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 03:25:02 pm by 10ebbor10 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Leaders of a burning World (ICC)
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 05:21:49 pm »

Just If I really need it

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 07:53:34 pm »

ptw.

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 02:45:09 am »

If I am right, I can start now. Anyway, I'd like to try and broker peace treaties with each of the other nations and start manufacture of quick land based vehicles.
Apparently coding DF is equivalent to slaying hydras.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 12:04:53 pm »

The Khan of Mongolia looked upon the Chinese.  Their dozen new dynasties would never work with each other, so now was the time to strike.  The Khan sent his generals a message, which contained the orders, attack the northern dynasties.  Capture the cities if you can do so quickly, but use Khan's Revenge to eliminate 50% of the population first.  If they do not give up, destroy the city.  If that city is the capital, do not destroy it.  Capture it and hold it instead, for the glory of Mongolia.  As always, execute traitors of both sides, after getting all the information from them you can.

The Khan then sent messages to 75% of the manufacturing sector, requesting them to build modern aircraft and modern weaponry for use by the army in their fight against the Chinese dynasties.

The Khan then sent a message to the propaganda offices, asking them to increase recruitment as long as it does not slow down the other industries by too much.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

sammyo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 02:35:37 pm »

Dear Great Khan of Second Mongolian Empire:

My goverment wish to draw up a trade and research agreement for our two nations, For the terms of the trade aspects I have proposed to sell your nation wood, drugs and hardware at lower costs or we could try to establish a free trade approch. For the research aspects it's in my nations intrests to help research new weaponary and cybernetics, we would be happy if our two nations can build some research stations as joint projects on netural ground. If your prepared to accept or amend our offer  may you reply soon.

As a show of good faith from my people I have happliy sent some research data detailing into our latest advances in our Ai project and complete mapping of the human genome.

Sincerely,
Elected Monarch of Eiretic

Have our army begin preparations to invade Iceland and Isle of Man.
Focus on rebuilding the last parts of Londain and begin research project iusing robotics into researching nanobots for use in construction.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:25:09 pm by sammyo12 »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 02:49:54 pm »

The 80-15-5 Republic focuses on building housing to attract refugees.

Messages are sent out to all world nations advertising the mercenary services of the 80-15-5 Fleet and Air-force

The President also sends a letter to the Sky Lords.

"To Whom it May Concern in the Parliament/Congress of the Sky Lords,

As neighbors on the same continent with some of the same needs, it might be prudent to engage in some joint research on more efficient water desalinization, and better power cells to mitigate the need for fossil fuels in our ships, planes, and spacecraft. If you are interested we will send delegates to work out the specifics of the arrangement."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 05:06:07 pm »

"They're already here. We do our best, but we only buy time, and the timekeeper is the enemy, the clock faces watching us as we sleep. We must hurry the Exodus, before they can overtake us."Ramp up the space program. We shall work on building a new rocket, known as the Cerberus Thruster, which uses a nuclear reaction to produce energy, then blast that energy out of a set of three sub-thrusters.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 09:35:30 am by Remuthra »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 08:32:56 pm »

To the 80-15-5 Republic:

We are not sure how we could be considered "neighbors," as we are on opposite sides of the continent, though not opposite ends. Nevertheless, we quite agree that joint research would benefit the both of us, and would be willing to provide the talent if you provide the laboratories and equipment. And, of course, if both of us would benefit equally from the research. As your suggested fields of research are (unsurprisingly) ones in which you gain much more than we, we suggest we work in ones of interest to us as well. Theoretical physics sound good?

Sincerely,
The Lords of the Sky
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 09:34:35 am »

PTW
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 10:05:23 am »

It was election time in Alaska. The Communist and Libertarian parties were once again campaigning and lobbying their presidential candidate. Harry Denver was the Communist party candidate. Very intelligent philosopher and well known social commenter turned politician. Well loved by the people. The libertarian's candidate was Matthew Creek, a well known industrialist. Runs the Creek mining company, a major extractor of titanium. The polls were close, but in the end Matthew Creek took home victory. In his victory speech he declared that " No Alaskan shall suffer foreign threats in their life." And " All Alaskans shall have a job by the end of my term." Bold promises, but this was an industry man. He knew about jobs. He then called a meeting in the Anchorage bunker. All the generals, air chiefs, admirals, other military personnel and advisors, and others were there. There, Matt laid out the basis of a long term plan for Alaska, entitled " Plan 261" The opening phases were immediately put into action a little bit later...
Alaska's research kicks into gear, putting it's effort into theoretical heavy armoured vehicles and transport planes. Important industries in the country are given large grants to boost productivity. The navy is sent out on extensive training excercises, and the Alaskan border to the other small nations in the region is reinforced with many more troops.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 07:05:11 pm »

President Raimonds Ozolynsh, the first president of the new republic, was voted for almost unanimously. The first day, he called a meeting.
It was not good news.
Although the farmed fish, protected by water purification filters, were mostly fine, the now radioactive chunks of ground that used to be St. Petersburg and Helsinki were causing catastrophic drops in the local fish population. the country's brightest scientists, given the best labs and equipment available, had been tasked with the unenviable job of finding a way to either de-irradiate the water, prevent the radiation from spreading, or some other way of saving the local sea-life . They had not predicted quick success.
Meanwhile, The country's remaining (ie. not piles of radioactive dust) ambassadors/diplomats were ordered to approach the remaining powers and try to find out if any were in great need of our main export - wood.
As well as this, The military were ordered to put their upgrades on the back-burner, for now. They may tantrum about not getting their shiny new toys, but we probably can't afford to spare much at the moment.
The wood industry was ordered to shift it's focus onto building pre-fabricated log cabin/houses to be set up in not-as-irradiated areas to hold refugee communities.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 06:41:01 pm »

Send some researchers to research a joint project with the 80-15-5 Republic, focusing on theoretical physics, notably gravitational sciences. Also work on whatever "applicational physics" the 80-15-5ers are thinking of.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 11:34:08 am »

To the Elected Monarch of Eiretic,

We will take the wood and hardware at the lower prices that you offered.  The research station will need to wait until our conquest of China is completed.  The research aspects are acceptable.  This message would have a greater level of detail any other time, but with the war, I do not want to stress communication.  Also, have further messages only refer to me as the Khan of Mongolia.  Ghengis Khan is the only one who is worthy of the title Great Khan.

-The Khan of Mongolia
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21