Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: Leaders of a burning World (ICC)  (Read 21590 times)

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Leaders of a burning World (ICC)
« Reply #300 on: May 26, 2013, 04:04:03 pm »

"Aside from the UAV's, that sounds like an excellent idea. Mind if I ask what the advantages of UAVs are? ...And do you mean automatic unmanned craft or remote-piloted ones?"

"My government's preference is piloted, but we can provide both. I chose UAVs because of the limited amount of physical troops that would need to be used. Countries I think will have a much easier time asking for additional, low-impact robots rather than foreign, uniformed soldiers trampling around their mountains. If that's something we want, we can easily add it to the agreement before we sign it."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 26, 2013, 04:06:40 pm »

If needed, the New Order could supply vehicles for the project.

sammyo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 26, 2013, 04:11:16 pm »

"What other type of equipment and assets would there be of need for?."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 26, 2013, 04:25:26 pm »

"No, my concerns were mostly with automatic, armed drones. Perhaps I've seen too much sci-fi, but then again I am currently residing in a space station."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 26, 2013, 07:19:01 pm »

"At this time, The dominion would not be able to provide much more than limited assistance for any anti-terror organization. We can provide support personnel and equipment, but that's the logistical limit at this time as we need to the remainder of our resources to remove each and every Khopesh operative from our government. I apologise if this seems insignifigant, but I am offering what we can spare."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 26, 2013, 07:40:54 pm »

"The Khannite will not agree towards the heavy weapons ban, at this time.  When we are better able to produce our own weapons, then we may change our stance.  As for the organization, we will act to the greatest of our ability.  We will not pledge any of our Khan's Revenge stockpiles, because any use of it will limit any form of use by any members attempting to enter that location, and we do not want that to be taken outside of our country except by our military."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 26, 2013, 08:44:44 pm »

Completed turn.

Spoiler: "Financial Actions" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Industrial Actions" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Research Actions" (click to show/hide)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 26, 2013, 11:55:17 pm »

The 80-15-5 representative listens closely to all the debate for quite some time before speaking.

(OOC: I'm Traveling and my computer access has been limited for awhile. I should become more active now.)

---

"The republic feels that the heavy weapons trafficking ban would be both stupid and noneffective in dealing with terrorism. However it would likely increase demand for our mercenary services among lesser developed nations and factions, so we will support it for our own selfish reasons."

---

"We need to prioritize and set clear goals when it comes to dealing with terror. Trying to get rid of terrorists is like trying to end a roach infestation with only your boot: Sure you'll squish a few, but there will always be another roach or two to take their place. We would be delusional if we were to propose trying to destroy them all."

The representative fiddles with his mustache. "I propose that our main goal should be to keep these bastards from getting Nukes. On that front I propose a joint research project to investigate potential methods of detecting atomic research and weaponization from orbit. Our goal should be to find and disable those using nukes. Anything else should be a second priority."

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 27, 2013, 08:17:01 am »

"Going to have to say no to that detection, even if it was possible. If one state got nuclear primacy, they could use that to detect all of another state's silos and SSBNs, thus allowing their first strike to destroy second strike possibility."

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 27, 2013, 08:21:18 am »

A voice crackles in on a nearby radio. " Greetings. Sorry for my lateness. I could not be in person, subs were on a naval exercise. But, I heard about a heavy weapons ban and a supposed counter terrorist organisation. On the first matter, we disagree. Certain organisations inside our country need heavy weapons, mainly for a state militia. That would be a no on the ban. But on the proposed counter terrorist organisation we pledge 3000 newly trained paratroopers, with attached equipment."
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 27, 2013, 08:45:25 am »

"While nuclear weaponry is certainly deadly, we are far more worried about the prospect of bio-engineered diseases, as the technology required for them has grown less expensive and conspicuous over the past two decades and a disease could remain dormant for some time while spreading around the world. Now this is the most obvious threat to human civilisation that we have noted, but there are certain to be others which is why we request the countries possessing information on the assets, ideology and tactics of the Horus Kopesh terrorist organisation to share it with the rest of us so we can formulate a more effective response."

"Also, my government has told me to inform all of you that the Iranian Empire is willing to provide logistic support, in the form of both basing and fuel, to the proposed counter-terrorism organisation provided that its national sovereignty is respected."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 27, 2013, 09:40:45 am »

"Good numerical representative, we'd like to note that we appreciate your honesty if not your greed. And as for your suggestions for dealing with terrorists, we have a couple of notes. Firstly, while nuclear weapons are certainly terrifying, they are far from the only or even worst weapons that terrorists could receive. Secondly, while trying to eliminate terrorists permanently is of course futile if we can't find and undo the reasons behind their formation, it is foolish to think that we can or should not try to stop individual groups until that time.

"As for contributions...the Sky Lords don't have much military, but we'd be willing to aid with technology. Notably, we have a pretty comprehensive system of satellites."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]