Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Medieval Empires (Nation managment fantasy game)  (Read 1191 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Medieval Empires (Nation managment fantasy game)
« on: March 06, 2013, 08:13:33 pm »

In times before us, there was another world, one of fantasy and mystery. Dragons roamed, goblins schemed, and fairies flew. In this land, two empires rose amongst the squabbling tribes and villages. It was weak, but mightier than any of the others that had been risen. Now, you too shall make an empire, and lead it to glory!

Races
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Religions
Players
Major Events
Bestiary

To join, please post the following application:
Race:
Religion:
Name of Empire:
General area: (A forest, cave, mountain, etc.)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:53:26 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mideval Empires (Nation managment fantasy game)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 08:19:47 pm »

((Psst. It's medieval. Like medical evaluation.))

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Medeval Empires (Nation managment fantasy game)
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 08:22:50 pm »

My bad, I'll fix that now. Normally I spell check it, but apparently I missed that.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Empires (Nation managment fantasy game)
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 08:30:00 pm »

So how many players are you looking for?

Race: Humans
Religion: Berelith
Empire Name: Torkal Empire
General area: Hills

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 08:38:06 pm »

I guess I'll be the Elves representing Nukrel

Race:Elves
Religion:Nukrel,
The empire name: The Ghahonhon Horde
My government is going to be interesting. 
I'm going to bed now. 
Terrain: Steppes, with a river and plains. 
Almost forgot terrain.

The Gahonhon Horde is a tribe of barbarians.  Seeing as we have not discovered animals I Have nothing more to say.  Damn phone texting. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:25:03 pm by alamoes »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 08:43:41 pm »

Dammit, ninja'd. There's nothing stopping two elven nations from existing, right?

Race: Elves*
Religion: Sakla
Name of Empire: Lamrakia
Area: A thin deciduous forest, full of strange creatures and plants from old experiments.

Lamrakians constantly innovate. They are as industrious as any other, but have one major difference between them and others. While other races have smiths and masons, Lamrakians create products of living flesh or wood. Their tools and crafts are creatures and plants.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 08:50:41 pm »

Not at all. I'll have the turn up soon. I've got all the tables I need for now, so it shouldn't take long.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 08:51:29 pm »

Race: Dwarves
Religion: Kolaria, of course.
Name: Battliikin
Region: Bottom of a steep (75 degrees) cliff with numerous caves. Forest a decent distance away, very hilly a bit before cliff. Live in the caves...for now.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 09:24:59 pm »

You can reassign your colors, I'm just going down the list for now. I'm taking 5 for now, and each turn represents a year.

Torkal Hills
The hills you come up at has a thick forest, temperate weather, gently rolling hills, with grotesque creatures, with some magical elements in the environment. There are some creatures in the area, including a Shambling Plague (Added to bestiary, see first post). The normal animals are deer with gnarled, sharp antlers and pointed hooves, wolves with teeth twisted to a dangerous point, and small lizards whose saliva is acidic (Acid lizard added to bestiary). These creatures are currently far away from your empire. You have two groups of spearmen, armed with basic spears that are nothing more than carved sticks, as well as 3 sets of workers. You have a town and a keep. You can begin study on basic craftsmanship (Choose one: Masonry, carpentry, bone working, tanning), as well as one of the following: Mining, woodcutting, improved construction, advanced magic, fire magic, ice magic, air magic, earth magic.
Skills
The Ghahonhon Horde
You come to a steppe, with a small river. However, nearby there is a small hole in the fabric of the universe. From it, magic surges forth, as do strange creatures. Thankfully, the nearby, natural wildlife is very tame, consisting of nothing more dangerous than the occasional bobcat. The rift stays mostly inactive, but there are several animals around. Amongst them, there is a lesser dragon, a mana poacher, and you manage to find a magic tome, allowing you to research magic. The creatures, however, are quite close. (Don't blame me for your luck; blame RANDOM.org) You may take masonry, improved carpentry, boneworking, and tanning, as well as mining, woodcutting, improved construction, and basic magic. You have a unit of spearmen with wooden spears, and a undit of bowman, alongside 3 workers.
Lamrakia
You arrive at a sparse forest, with grotesque creatures. The land here practically glows with magical energy. The temperature is temperate, and there are large herds of creatures nearby. Among them, there are creatures horribly disfigured by unknown means. None of them, however, have any legendary strength. You have one spearmen armed with wooden spears, one set of bowmen, and 3 workers. You may research a basic craftsmanship (Masonry, increased carpentry, boneworking, and tanning) and mining, woodcutting, and improved construction.
Skills
Edit: Sorry, Rolepgeek, I'll take care of your turn tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:47:50 pm by flameboy99 »

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 09:30:39 pm »

You can begin study on basic craftsmanship (Choose one: Masonry, carpentry, bone working, tanning), as well as one of the following: Mining, woodcutting, improved construction, advanced magic, fire magic, ice magic, air magic, earth magic.
Does this mean that I can study two things (one from basic craftsmanship and one from the second list) or just one thing?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 09:31:49 pm »

You can study one from each list.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 09:33:47 pm »

I did.  Noticed it before you posted. 

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 09:35:02 pm »

Oh, sorry. Also, common animals have been discovered, but thy aren't appearing in the bestiary because that would get annoying.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 09:40:39 pm »

Research Boneworking and Improved Construction.

Have one Worker begin building a rudimentary shrine. Meanwhile, the other two farm if they need to and build a granary and a road if not. Have the bowelves practice woodselfship and the spearelves guard the village.

Wish I had access to proper magic.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 09:42:48 pm »

The goblins of Kolaria and Berelith assemble in the under-mount deeps. A new ruler has closed his iron fist over the tribe of the Blazing Blood, and hopes to lead them to greatness. (sorry, but you were too elfy for even the elves Mikar)
goblins
Kolaria and Berelith
Under a mountain
Blazing Blood tribe
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:48:50 pm by racnor »
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.
Pages: [1] 2