Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: [Universe in Chaos: A future RTD][Turn 2.6: Suited up and ready to go!  (Read 27252 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

"Why would we die, then?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Back to index

Turn 1.5: The awakening

Note: Don't forget about the discussion thread! Any questions, doubts, whatever can be answered there!!!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tio Volatis

"Subject #1, Please hold on.

Accessing base map...
Query: Armory
Processing....1 match found

Subject #1, there is one armory located in the southern edge of the base. The quickest route available is trough the main corridor besides the hangar. Please do note that sections of the Main corridor are destroyed. So it is possible that you'll have to take a side route.
 "

"Subject #6, you will die because this facility cannot sustain itself indefinite. Air supplies will last for 2 weeks, Energy for 3 weeks and finally food for 2,5 weeks. There are multiple base breaches as well, so the facility is deep below zero in some areas."

"Subject #7, There are 3 shuttles located in the hangar. They're fueled and ready to leave the planet. They are equipped with enough fuel for 3 days travel and a single use warp drive."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. Player Actions

Scapheap(Clair Adams)
"Any armories on this base, Aurora"

If yes, head to and grab whatever closest to a revolver, if not, look for supplies.
(-): You ask Aurora.
[Look at the Tio Volatis tab now]

Dwarmin(Kathryn Fry)
Kat shrugged, smiling slightly. Time for full macgyver mode.

Look for three things-a long pole, a roll of tape and a sharp pointy end. Try to fashion a basic spear.

Failing that, any knife or club would do.

(4,1,5):Carefully but quickly you search around the lab for a few materials to make a makeshift spear. You find one long bone, most probably from some alien lifeform, it's quite sturdy and has a very dark brown color. You find some scalpels with a very thin light blue edge, something tells you to not touch it. You don't find any glue,tape or anything like that to hold these components together. Shame.

Though you can always hit people with the bone and throw scalpels if neccessary.

You gained Alien bone and 4 diamond coated scalps.

penguinofhonor (Doris Finnegan)
Read the logs for more information, communicate anything that sounds critical to the other people in the room.
(-): You look around the room and find a large variety of logs, most of them don't have anything to do with the PR-hum experiment. Afterwards you end up with 2 logs, one that contains something about the PR-hum experiment and one about the virus.

You read 'PR-hum Log #477'
It appears that 6 out of the 8 subjects are progressing as expected. 2 subjects seem to undergoing cell degeneration, which leaves a dark residue behind. Subject 9 and 8 will be dead within 2 days, unfortunately there is nothing we can do as it is the result of a failed combining of 2 different DNA strands. We however did get the order to not flush the cells for future experiments on the DNA splicing and it's side effects.

Signed: PR-Hum Assistant
Diana Jo

You read the second log named 'Strain APAD Log #08'
Symptoms of Strain APAD include: Dizzyness, cold feeling in chest area, halucinating.
First symptoms show up ~4 hours after being exposed to the virus.
Second symptom occurs after ~9 hours, this includes the cold feeling in chest and can include vomitting.
3rd symptom occurs after ~14 hours, at this stage most infected individuals are unable to think straight and need to be contained in their own chambers. Chambers should be stripped of any materials and objects which can inflict self-harm.
the 4th Symptom occurs after ~18 hours, this last symptom happens when the infected is at the end of his/her life. The infected starts howling up to 3 hours, at the end of his/her life a final screech occurs at when the infected simply drops dead.

All of the infected die from exhaustion and being cold. We have tried treating the individuals, but any attempts in doing so resulted in the infected dying sooner.

Signed: Strain APAD researcher
Tyio Jungg

You share this news with the rest of the group

Database updated with new logs ( Discussion thread)

Spaghetti7(Kurtis Blake)
"Huh. Looks like this is gonna be difficult. If we're to get off this planet we're going to need some serious organisation."
Kurtis moved to the next door, and turned to face the group.
Propose we need a leader, and I will be that because of my previous experiences. Also look for clothes, food and weapons.
(-): You quickly claim the leadership of the group, though not everyone is listening you propose to search for food, clothes and weapons. Looking around you don't find any food or clothing. Some people are started gathering some materials for makeshift weapons and Doris is looking trough the heaps of paper. You don't see anything that could be used as a durable weapon so you grab a alien bone like Kath has.

You gained Alien bone

Rolepgeek(Johnathan 'Hefter' Hennson)
"Why would we die, then?"

Persus13(James Macalroy)
"so Aurora, how can we get off the planet"

2.Player Data

Quote from:  penguinofhonor( Doris Finnegan)
Spoiler:  Player Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Player Condition (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Quote from:  Dwarmin(Kathryn Fry)

Quote from:  Spaghetti7(Kurtis Blake)

Quote from:  Scapheap(Clair Adams)

Quote from:  Rolepgeek(Johnathan 'Hefter' Hennson)

Quote from:   Persus13(James Macalroy)
Durrr..

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: [Universe in Chaos: A future RTD][Turn 1.5:The awakening]
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2013, 09:35:37 am »

"Thank you, Aurora."

Head for the Armory.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2013, 10:43:51 am »

Kat turned the bone around in her hand, interested-she had briefly studied biology and paleontology for a lark, not finding it to her liking.

"Three questions, Aurora.

Where do you suggest we warp jump too?

Why has there be no attempt to rescue us-isn't there a government or something? Why are we alone here?

Finally, is this APAD virus contagious or dangerous to us in anyway? How is it transmitted? Could we potentially be active carriers to other people, even if we don't get sick?"

She was worried they would be run into some trouble...

Action: Before we leave, look for any logs that mention my name specifically.

Afterwards, follow the Group to the Armory, Examine the Alien bone I have on the way if there is time.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 04:10:00 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2013, 02:17:51 pm »

"I guess this'll have to do. Are we all agreed we try to get to the armoury?"

Only head to the armoury if the group does so. Stay with anyone who doesn't go.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2013, 07:39:14 pm »

"Well, I could think of ways to fix all three of those problems, but it'd all take longer than two weeks...and I don't think there's many plants. But with two weeks, we should be careful; no need to rush things. Also, Miss Computer, the name is Jacob and I would prefer if you called me by it."

Head to armory, be on lookout. Look for anything small and sharp on the way there; broken glass, a piece of steel shards, etc., and some spare cloth or fabric.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2013, 07:47:30 pm »

follow clair to armory. Ask for location of the shuttles on the way.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2013, 07:50:35 pm »

"Well, I could think of ways to fix all three of those problems, but it'd all take longer than two weeks...and I don't think there's many plants. But with two weeks, we should be careful; no need to rush things. Also, Miss Computer, the name is Jacob and I would prefer if you called me by it."

Kat decided they would need to work together to survive...and friends alwayss helped.

"Well, it's also nice to meet you too Jacob. My name is Kathryn. I figure we should all get to know each other, anyway.

...How'd you die, for example? I was kidnapped...shot through the head. Twice.

Didn't see that one coming, but who does?"
She replied with a somewhat bitter smile.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2013, 07:54:52 pm »

"Surprised you survived the first bullet. I got ripped to pieces by a frag grenade. I think. 'Member someone shouting grenade, taking a step back to get away...and stepping onto it."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2013, 07:57:18 pm »

"Surprised you survived the first bullet. I got ripped to pieces by a frag grenade. I think. 'Member someone shouting grenade, taking a step back to get away...and stepping onto it."

You stepped onto a grenade? Many o unluky. My ship I was in ot blown up, and getting hit by an explosion is one of the worst ways to die.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2013, 08:13:45 pm »

"A bunch of awfully violent deaths. A shame, too." I follow people to the armory, cautiously.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2013, 03:43:14 am »

"I died of old age and let me tell you-" she does a few stretches "-it good to be 20ish again."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2013, 03:52:42 am »

"What can I say, I'm a lucky girl..." Kat commented drolly.

"I died of old age and let me tell you-" she does a few stretches "-it good to be 20ish again."

"And yet-correct me if I'm wrong-you probably didn't have a peaceful life?"

Kat shuffled some files, thinking.

"Granted, it's sort of a link between us. None of us lived those easy lives-I'm guessing most of us perished in battle, or close enough. It's clear that for whatever reason they brought us back...they needed us to be capable of violence and understanding of it, capable of it emotionally...

At least, that's my idea."

She changed tacks, thinking. Always thinking.

"In lighter terms, at least we're all technically virgins again, right? Shiny new bodies and all. I suppose that's something of a gift." She commented airily, smiling brightly.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2013, 04:50:33 am »

"And yet-correct me if I'm wrong-you probably didn't have a peaceful life?"
"Got that right." Clair gives a smile.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2013, 07:21:49 pm »

John grins at Kat, a twinkle in his eye. "We could fix the whole virgin thing right easily enough, if you wanted then..."/color]

He laughs. "Anyway. Yeah, I was a soldier. So who else here has any military experience? I doubt it won't come in handy."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13