Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: [Universe in Chaos: A future RTD][Turn 2.6: Suited up and ready to go!  (Read 27251 times)

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile

((Sorry, been pretty busy))
I'll communicate in maroon.

Join the polite request for the AI to open the door
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

"This is all a little overwhelming. Can I get a little something to calm the nerves?" I examine the unopened chambers while I wait for a response.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Back to index

Turn 1.3: The awakening

Note: Don't forget about the discussion thread! Any questions, doubts, whatever can be answered there!!!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tio Volatis

Note: Scap, i think that mentioned you being subject number 4. You're subject no.1

You all hear Aurora: "Subject #1, you are currently in the experimental proto-humans holding cell, found within research base "Volatis" on the planet of Tio Volatis, in the Tio solar System in sector Tau Con at the west edge of Human Alliance space.

Accessing database: Query "Map"

Unfortunately i cannot show the map at this terminal as it is not a designated map terminal. You can find one in hallway 3d, just outside the holding cells."

Aurora then looks at Doris.

"Negative subject #5, your genetic code has already proven that you are unable to cope with the use of medical substances."

Aurora then turns to Kathryn.
"Subject #2 and #4, affirmative. I can open the door, but i have specific instructions before i can perform this.

Opening Audio log #494-Z"

Suddenly the face morphs into a male face. The face has a medium beard and glasses. He has the face of a old fisherman.
"Deep inhale.

I am Doctor Staal, head geneticist of research base Volatis. I am or to be precise, i was the person in charge of project "PR-Hum". Which led the creation of you. You are the product of DNA splicing between humans and alien DNA of what we believe, were the first advanced alien life form in our universe. They mysteriously dissapeared from our universe, however. They did leave behind an en masse of artifacts, which are very hard to use. We believe that we could recreate a semi-alien human, which could operate these devices. We were right, and so you were reborn.  Your destin-...

Heh, i actually could go on for a long time but i should get to the point. The reason why we cannot greet you in the future is because, we are dying. Not long after the discovery of the ancient DNA, we uncovered a dangerous virus. It won't have any effect on you, but it will on us. We accepted our fates, that we will die here. So at the very least, we hope that you. Our legacy, will get off this planet and live on. That's why, we carefully have rewritten Aurora, our base AI, to aid you in leaving this planet.

You may have many questions and i would gladly answer them, but fate apparently won't let me. Maybe Aurora will, but she's just an AI.

Good luck and Jarka na rarara"

End audio log #494-Z

The face morphs again into the female.

"Unlocking Proto-cell doors."

You all hear some mechanisms firing up and lots of noise. The 4 pistons shoot back into the walls and the door unlocks, a stream of cold air is coming from outside the room.

"Doctor Staal also advises that one of you takes the mobile AI module, currently there is only one in this chamber. But there are more in the facility to be found. He highly advises you to find them as they function as mobile databases, universal translators and hacking tools."

A small tray ejects from the terminal with a small disk.

Audio log #494-Z added to database (Discussion thread)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. Player Actions

Scapheap(Clair Adams)
"Where can we get a map and where are we?"
(-): You try to think up something reasonable to ask and come up with..
"Where can we get a map and where are we?"
[Look at Tio volatis tab now]

Dwarmin(Kathryn Fry)
Kat continues to stand at ease.

"Well, I'm sure we all have lots of questions. To start off, lets ask it to open the door. Politely." She suggests.

Action: Ask the AI to open the door for us.
(-): Kathryn walks up to the terminal, the face floats slightly towards her. Facing Kathryn.
"Could you by any chance, open the door?"

penguinofhonor
"This is all a little overwhelming. Can I get a little something to calm the nerves?" I examine the unopened chambers while I wait for a response.
(-): With a slight nerve you ask Aurora, if she can give something to calm you down. You then examine the chambers, but you don't learn too much as it's still filled with the black liquid.

Spaghetti7
((Sorry, been pretty busy))
I'll communicate in maroon.

Join the polite request for the AI to open the door
(-)
You walk up to the hologram, but Kathryn has already asked Aurora.

Rolepgeek
(-):

Persus13

(-):

2.Player Data

Quote from:  penguinofhonor( Doris Finnegan)
Spoiler:  Player Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Player Condition (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Quote from:  Dwarmin(Kathryn Fry)

Quote from:  Spaghetti7(Kurtis Blake)

Quote from:  Scapheap(Clair Adams)

Quote from:  Rolepgeek(Johnathan 'Hefter' Hennson)

Quote from:   Persus13(James Macalroy)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:17:57 pm by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

"Aurora, this virus, first what a virus?"(roleplay because Clair does not know and you don't want to write up what a virus is so off screen learning)"I see, is it only on this base or is it more widespread?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Wow. Well that was depressing. I don't want to rush you guys, but I suggest we get out of here as soon as possible. It's been a while since I've breathed fresh air."

Look for this mobile AI core, and prepare to move out

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

"So what are we supposed to use to get off this planet? And more importantly...why?"
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 08:39:59 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Walk out the door, look for some sort of tool, like a wrench. Avoid anything bad.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

"Shouldn't we be blue or something?" I walk out the door with anyone else.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

"How am I not surprised, we are the saviors of Humanity." Kat commented drolly.

She took a head count of group, wishing someone should have been better at math. Six men and two women, and one of the woman far too old for much of anything. Not much of a new race...

Action: Leave with the rest
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Back to index

Turn 1.4: The awakening

Note: Don't forget about the discussion thread! Any questions, doubts, whatever can be answered there!!!

Tio Volatis

There is no hologram anymore above the terminal since Kurtis took the AI core, though you can still hear Aurora talking from the core.

"
Loading AI Module: Companion AI...
Loading: Complete.

Subject #1, the virus, nicknamed "Strain APAD", is contained within the perimeters of this base. According to my available data, the strain has not been found anywhere else."

"Subject #6. Well, you don't have to get off the planet, but your chance of survival is non-existent then. If your wish is to stay here and be terminated, then it's your choice.

Oh and subject #4, looks are deceptive. In reality, you're 8,4 months old and superhuman."

1. Player Actions

Scapheap(Clair Adams)
"Aurora, this virus, first what a virus?"(roleplay because Clair does not know and you don't want to write up what a virus is so off screen learning)"I see, is it only on this base or is it more widespread?"
(-): You ask some questions about the virus to Aurora.

Dwarmin(Kathryn Fry)
"How am I not surprised, we are the saviors of Humanity." Kat commented drolly.

She took a head count of group, wishing someone should have been better at math. Six men and two women, and one of the woman far too old for much of anything. Not much of a new race...

Action: Leave with the rest
(-):You follow Kurtis and see the same things he does.

penguinofhonor (Doris Finnegan)
"Shouldn't we be blue or something?" I walk out the door with anyone else.
(-): You follow Kurtis and see the same things he does.

Spaghetti7(Kurtis Blake)
"Wow. Well that was depressing. I don't want to rush you guys, but I suggest we get out of here as soon as possible. It's been a while since I've breathed fresh air."

Look for this mobile AI core, and prepare to move out
(-): You look around for the mobile AI core, and realize that the small circular disk is the core. You grab ahold of it and the terminal blackens.
"The user manual suggests that you should plug the core onto your data link port which is found at your neck or on your chest."

That's great, but you think that you'll keep it in your hand for the moment. Afterwards, you open the door. It's heavy and opens slowly. You're the first to step outside the cell storage. The room has a similar look, but this room looks like a research room. You see all kinds of equipment,terminals and logs all over the place and you recognize some of  it. Even though you never saw it in your previous life. At the end of the room is another door, it's the same type as the holding chamber. However that door is opened. It also much colder than in the previous chamber.

Rolepgeek(Johnathan 'Hefter' Hennson)
"So what are we supposed to use to get off this planet? And more importantly...why?"
(-): You ask Aurora.

Persus13(James Macalroy)
Walk out the door, look for some sort of tool, like a wrench. Avoid anything bad.
(-): You see the same things Kurtis sees, looking around you see a metal pipe like thing. You grab it and swing around with it.
"Now i won't be defenseless."

You gained Metal Research Pipe

2.Player Data

Quote from:  penguinofhonor( Doris Finnegan)

Quote from:  Dwarmin(Kathryn Fry)

Quote from:  Spaghetti7(Kurtis Blake)

Quote from:  Scapheap(Clair Adams)

Quote from:  Rolepgeek(Johnathan 'Hefter' Hennson)

Quote from:   Persus13(James Macalroy)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 07:19:51 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

"so Aurora, how can we get off the planet"
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

"Any armories on this base, Aurora"

If yes, head to and grab whatever closest to a revolver, if not, look for supplies.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Read the logs for more information, communicate anything that sounds critical to the other people in the room.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Kat shrugged, smiling slightly. Time for full macgyver mode.

Look for three things-a long pole, a roll of tape and a sharp pointy end. Try to fashion a basic spear.

Failing that, any knife or club would do.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Huh. Looks like this is gonna be difficult. If we're to get off this planet we're going to need some serious organisation."
Kurtis moved to the next door, and turned to face the group.
Propose we need a leader, and I will be that because of my previous experiences. Also look for clothes, food and weapons.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13