Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Divine Overseeing  (Read 5650 times)

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Overseeing
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2013, 02:32:18 am »

^ Our Champion is already seen as a destroyer by the Onyd so when we put the new races on to the planet the Onyd will spread word about the destroyer. So when these races are cowering and hiding from our champion we will empower select individuals from each race to rally their own race and unite against a common foe. Then in the final battle the empowered individuals combined with the races backing them will "slay" the destroyer finally solidifying them as a single nation. Then with our subtitle influence they will prosper into a great civilization, while we move our champion to Feer and then turn our attention to Tra.

edit: Tra provides more fun since the some of the races are in a cold war.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 02:34:48 am by jaass »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2013, 02:36:05 am »

Fine.  But no more mass genocide. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2013, 08:14:37 am »

Bring colonists from the other planet, those that consent, over to this depopulated planet.  Take a few hundred from each race.  Make sure it doesn't collapse into inter-species warfare.

If we screw this up, the Overgod's probably gonna fire us. 

Better yet we can use our champion as a common enemy so the races can unite as one. Maybe we can empower certain individuals of each race to deal with our champion.

(Note: lets fake his death then move him to one of the moon their we can perhaps terraform and experiment)

+1 to colonists and terraforming
+1

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2013, 09:01:12 am »

Prepare a 500 page long report detailing our champions actions. point out the native gods gave no intervention. Laugh evily.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2013, 09:03:32 am »

Scatter garden gnomes across the world.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2013, 09:04:19 am »

Stop using TvTropes. It's bad for you.
Yet another way we differ.

Before I write up the turn, is this a pretty good summary of what you want to do?
-Send some willing people from Tra to Onydia
-Have your champion unite all the races on Onydia against a common enemy
-Fake his death
-Move your champion to some moon
-Terraform said moon

(Oh, and remember: There's already a bit of a cult around your champion.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2013, 09:10:21 am »

Sounds good. But give the champion a new form when we shift him to the moon. So if he is seen, he won'tbe recognised.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2013, 01:22:29 pm »

Sounds good. But give the champion a new form when we shift him to the moon. So if he is seen, he won'tbe recognised.
Don't do that, instead make it seem like he has just transcended the mortal realm to live in his paradise on the moon. Help reinforce the worship of our champion.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2013, 01:20:20 am »

You've summarized it perfectly, GWG. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2013, 11:30:29 pm »

Well, you'd best get this thing fixed.
First, you head to Tra to ask for volunteers.
HEY, WANT TO GO TO LIVE ON ONYDIA FOREVER TO REPOPULATE IT?
"...That big green circle in the sky?"
YES.
"...I'll pass."
You get a few volunteers. There's almost four hundred southern dwarves, a couple hundred manormul, about four or five dozen each of humans and gnomes, about a dozen ordynar, and two northern dwarf lovers. A bit over 700 overall. They are sent to Odyna to form a colony, where they swiftly establish a clearing.
The clearing is swiftly filled with bickering; aside from a few sets of lovers like the northern dwarves, they were pretty much all wanted criminals, beggars, or both. This doesn't make them terribly good at getting along. The ordynar and half of the manormul and humans are murdered within two days, along with a dozen gnomes and two dozen southern dwarves. (It's around this point that you tell your champion to lay low; it would destroy all these nice people if it came rampaging through.) The northern dwarves flee the settlement, if you could call it that. By the end of the first week (which, for matters of convenience, is seven days), half of those survivors have died from starvation or the few large predators to still lurk in the jungle. The final population: About 170 dwarves, 50 manormul, 30 humans, and 11 gnomes. The gnomes flee through the wilderness; while four die to attacks, the survivors find the northern dwarves and start building a cottage near a small lake. In the meantime, they live on plants gathered from the forest and small parrots and planarians caught by the male dwarf and one of the gnomes. Meanwhile, the other 250 or so people organize themselves, electing a human to be the Mayor of Onydia City, as they call their clearing. This leads to a bloody coup, where a dozen humans (supporters of the mayor), seven manormul, and three dwarves are killed. Udil Greenknife, the leader of the coup, takes control and enslaves the surviving humans and manormul. Naturally, a mere sixty slaves can't support over 160 dwarves, so the dwarves also work...but the hard work and food-testing goes to the "lesser" races.
Within a month, these two settlements had become stable. The lakeside cottage had a large garden, a crude dock for "fishing" off of, and a set of simple tools for making various goods. Its nine inhabitants had roofs over their heads, walls around their rooms, and well-defined jobs. There had been two weddings, one between the dwarves and one between two gnomes. The group has also caught and tamed several birds, some serpents, and a large planarian. There was a bit of argument (for instance, two male gnomes are both in love with Dahilu), but these are fairly minor and never end in worse than black eyes. The situation is much different in Onydia City. Starvation, murder, and so forth have reduced the village's population to about 120 dwarves, 36 manormul, and 14 humans. Greenknife is still in power, due to having several tools at his disposal (including Jet Blacknight, a great alchemist who is his second-in command and, due to having worked with Udil before, great loyalty to him; a pair of manormul warriors who are alchemally enslaved to him; and Elva, a little human girl with great magical gift who Udil has raised since her parents were killed within the first week); he has a large house made from a massive hollow log. Meanwhile, the others live in the open, or in trees, or in lean-tos. They get by, barely, but things are finally settling down.
You decide now is the time to try and unite the races of Onydia.
Through means far subtler than any you've used yet, you convince the Onyd to send out a scout. You then direct the scout to Onydia City, where he is mistaken for a mere animal, killed, butchered, and eaten. This...was poorly-thought-out.
As you consider simply tossing your champion on a moon and calling it a day, you feel a presence.
YOU HAVE A LOT OF EXPLAINING TO DO, YOUNG GOD...

Spoiler: Own Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Universal Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2013, 11:51:43 pm »

"Hey, it needed to be wiped clean and rebuilt to make it better... Still working on the last part, but give me a little while and let genoc-I mean nature take its course."
((Ya see?! We should've completely wiped the planet clean and created a better race instead of hoping a motley group of pants on head retarded, xenophobic idiots would unite and do something good. We should send them all back and create a race from scratch instead of trying to make a car without tires, an engine, or gas tank run.))
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2013, 11:54:31 pm »

"Experimenting see if these species are capable of uniting together to make something more of themselves instead of squabbling in pity conflict."

(We should of just use our champion from the beginning as a dictator, then empower certain individuals as great leaders with excellent martial prowess to over throw the "evil" champion).

intelligentmoron

• Bay Watcher
  • Basically, the economy runs on fairy magic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2013, 04:01:04 pm »

Cheese it! It's the man!
Blow up the planet and pretend it was like that when we arrived, blame zera, hide all evidence.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 04:02:43 pm by intelligentmoron »
I'll put something here.

Eventually...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2013, 04:03:32 pm »

"You told me to go ahead and add anything I felt was missing, so I added a new world order. Once everything gets settled, it will be much nicer."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2013, 05:04:48 pm »

We should've completely wiped the planet clean and created a better race instead of hoping a motley group of pants on head retarded, xenophobic idiots would unite and do something good.
The problems came when you accepted anyone who would come along and no one else. Almost all of those were people with no reasons to consider staying at home, who didn't think things could get any worse wherever they were being sent. This rules out almost all people with actual skills or anything like that. As noted, most people who went along were criminals fleeing the law, beggars, or similar people. (The racism didn't help either; imagine making an extraplanetary colony of 40% African-Americans and 60% KKK members, or one of Germans, Japanese, Americans, French, and Swiss taken from WWII.)

But hey, it shows you were trying to make things better.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6