Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Divine Overseeing  (Read 5653 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Overseeing
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2013, 11:50:25 pm »

Also, maybe tell it the purpose why it was created.
I'd ask what purpose you're thinking of, but genocide seems to be the prevailing idea so we'll go with that.
Which fell right into my plan.

-----

You look at your champion and thoughtfully empower it.
"Thank you?" it says nervously.
Indeed. you reply. I need you to do something. There is a species of lizard called the Onyd. I need you to kill them all.
...Yes, sir.
What the Hells are you doing?
Solving your problems.
Yeah, remind me never to ask for your help.
Your champion sprints across the jungles of Onydia, killing any onyd and many other creatures it comes across. When its wounds look mortal, you heal them. Many powerful onyd, empowered by both Ores and Zera, come to try and stop the rampage, but you just make your champion stronger.
Soon, nearly every onyd on the planet has been slain. The survivors worship a new god, whom they call Wormface and Beastslayer and the Unstoppable. They, in fact, worship your champion.
You watch. The life on Onydia is adapting to your champion, nameless as you, slaughters the larger of the life forms on the planet. Within a month, the only creatures larger than, say, a human child are a few onyd hiding from their dread lord and whatever flatworms and other non-reptiles were larger than that threashold. Around that time, you receive a message.
Thox convinced the Big Guy to come over for an inspection soon. You didn't hear it from me.
What will you do?

Spoiler: Own Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Universal Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2013, 11:56:14 pm »

Create a new race, split from our own flesh. They will be our warriors, each will be as ppowerful as our current champion. LET US RISE, LET US THROW OFF THE OPPRESSIVE RULE OF THIS BEING ARROGANT ENOUGH TO CALL ITSELF "OVERGOD". TO WAR, LET THE GODS BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

intelligentmoron

• Bay Watcher
  • Basically, the economy runs on fairy magic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2013, 12:08:08 am »

Create a new race, split from our own flesh. They will be our warriors, each will be as ppowerful as our current champion. LET US RISE, LET US THROW OFF THE OPPRESSIVE RULE OF THIS BEING ARROGANT ENOUGH TO CALL ITSELF "OVERGOD". TO WAR, LET THE GODS BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN.

You forget yourself, overgod made us and can just as simply unmake us. We need to either slip this under the rug or bullshit our way out of it.
I'll put something here.

Eventually...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2013, 12:21:30 am »

Let us begin reanimating all the dead creatures into one superrace!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2013, 12:28:20 am »

Bring colonists from the other planet, those that consent, over to this depopulated planet.  Take a few hundred from each race.  Make sure it doesn't collapse into inter-species warfare.

If we screw this up, the Overgod's probably gonna fire us. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

intelligentmoron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2013, 12:33:29 am »

Bring colonists from the other planet, those that consent, over to this depopulated planet.  Take a few hundred from each race.  Make sure it doesn't collapse into inter-species warfare.

+1 better than anything I got besides blowing up the planet and pretending it was never there.
I'll put something here.

Eventually...

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2013, 12:39:12 am »

Better yet we can use our champion as a common enemy so the races can unite as one. Maybe we can empower certain individuals of each race to deal with our champion.

(Note: lets fake his death then move him to one of the moon their we can perhaps terraform and experiment)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2013, 12:42:16 am »

Better yet we can use our champion as a common enemy so the races can unite as one. Maybe we can empower certain individuals of each race to deal with our champion.

(Note: lets fake his death then move him to one of the moon their we can perhaps terraform and experiment)

+1 to colonists and terraforming
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2013, 12:45:11 am »

I was hoping we could make our champion into, you know, the messiah instead of the destroyer of worlds. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

intelligentmoron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2013, 12:49:14 am »

Messiah has been done before, I thought we were going lovecraftian God? Destroyer of worlds FTW.
I'll put something here.

Eventually...

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2013, 12:51:26 am »

I was hoping we could make our champion into, you know, the messiah instead of the destroyer of worlds. 

If we are going for the races not to kill each other we are going to have get a big bad enemy which we have already have one established.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2013, 12:53:35 am »

We were tasked to guard these worlds, not destroy them.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2013, 01:33:10 am »

Destroy them first, then rally the survivors together under one banner and goal. 'Destroy this abomination.' The utopia justifies the means.

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2013, 01:46:41 am »

Destroy them first, then rally the survivors together under one banner and goal. 'Destroy this abomination.' The utopia justifies the means.
Stop using TvTropes. It's bad for you.
But anyway, we should kill the Overgod. He can't simply unmake us just because he made us. That's like saying a dad could just wish his child out of existence. So we must fight.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 01:49:48 am by Jbg97 »
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2013, 01:59:19 am »

Let's get on his good side first.  And you know, get the loyalty of the other gods by pandering to their needs, so that they follow us instead of the Overgod. 

And wiping out all their creations won't exactly get us on their good side. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6