Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1644 1645 [1646] 1647 1648 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2127629 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #24675 on: April 16, 2017, 01:11:22 am »

Urist has lost some parts while going down the road, so to speak, but isn't the playerbase still at least above validhunting?
It never was. Hell, I got validhunted for petty vandalism by an admin

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24676 on: April 17, 2017, 11:05:26 pm »

Urist has lost some parts while going down the road, so to speak, but isn't the playerbase still at least above validhunting?
I wasn't involved in this specifically, but you know what you did, man.

For my part I've never seen anyone get validhunted for having a Syndicate balloon in ANY playerbase, let alone Urist's. It's a balloon, no one cares, and if someone really does care, we have the 'don't be a dick' rule.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #24677 on: April 18, 2017, 01:28:54 am »

/tg/ could easily get you hunted for the balloon back in the day. It didin't actually often happen, mind you, because if someone actually bought the thing they usually had a decent idea what they are doing and possibly didin't plan to murder whole station, which is always pleasant and tends to lead to creative murderbone at very least.
To hell with roleplayers, it should have basically no impact on gameplay. If you can read a tag on balloon from ten meters away because game lets you, then fuck the reasoning that it would be too far IRL. If it says Syndicate then sorry, but that also should be able to at least light a red light in your head. Specifically restraining OOC knowledge (of course I'm not talking about actual in round metagame, thats actual cheating) due to bullshit RP reasons is bad because you know it anyway, and must force yourself to either act like an idiot or get screamed at by Admins. If clown is able to set up the engine, so be it, the story only gets better due to that.
And if you wouldnt go and beat the ass of guy who is able to turn himself into a ciggarete butt IRL, something is wrong with you.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24678 on: April 18, 2017, 05:37:49 am »

I mean, I'd try to be nice to them so I could also turn into a cigarette butt. I dunno why that automatically invites physical assault.
Black lives matter.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #24679 on: April 18, 2017, 08:23:28 am »

For my part I've never seen anyone get validhunted for having a Syndicate balloon in ANY playerbase, let alone Urist's. It's a balloon, no one cares, and if someone really does care, we have the 'don't be a dick' rule.
Yeah? Which incident? What did I do?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24680 on: April 18, 2017, 10:44:16 am »

It would be odd for the syndicate baloon to have no effect, and if you find it doesnt jive with current lore, then it should be reworked so it does. The whole point of the balloon is "I'm so badass I don't need TC come at me station if you dare" and it would be a shame to lose the ability to flaunt your badguy-ness to security without actually kidnapping the captain and dragging him beaten and bruised through the halls in his skivvies
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 10:46:36 am by Dorsidwarf »
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24681 on: April 18, 2017, 03:46:56 pm »

Yeah? Which incident? What did I do?

Keep that shit out of the thread. Take it to PMs if you care enough to pursue it.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24682 on: April 18, 2017, 04:36:26 pm »

It would be odd for the syndicate baloon to have no effect, and if you find it doesnt jive with current lore, then it should be reworked so it does. The whole point of the balloon is "I'm so badass I don't need TC come at me station if you dare" and it would be a shame to lose the ability to flaunt your badguy-ness to security without actually kidnapping the captain and dragging him beaten and bruised through the halls in his skivvies

However, its also just a red balloon with an S on it. you want people to come at ya you can just call them out on the radio.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #24683 on: April 18, 2017, 05:44:25 pm »

Yeah, but that's kinda comparable to, let's say, walking around with a balloon with a Nazi swastika on it.
Also, invisible cigarette butt men are bad news.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24684 on: April 18, 2017, 08:13:02 pm »

Eh, not really. Hell, Bay canned the syndies entirely, and prior to that they where the stuff of rumors. Its not like going around with, say, the logo of one of the top corporations in existence. Hell, its not even a distinctive S with outlining or whatever, its just a blocky normal thing.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24685 on: April 19, 2017, 12:57:07 am »

Imagine someone walking around with a balloon that proudly displayed "Coca-Cola"

...While walking through a Pepsi factory. They'd probably have people rolling their eyes and facepalming around them, but it doesn't immediately necessitate ass-beatings of the offender.

If you want to RP the idea of "that guy has Syndicate property but I shouldn't immediately beat his ass", then play to the effect that the guy bought the thing at a novelty shop for the shock value.

At least, I'd do that. /e shrugs
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24686 on: April 20, 2017, 11:53:07 am »

There's a difference between running around with a balloon and corporate terrorism or whathaveyou. It'd be pretty silly and probably illegal to arrest someone purely for having one.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #24687 on: April 20, 2017, 11:30:33 pm »

Eh... It'd be about the same as someone walking through a meat factory with a PETA balloon
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #24688 on: April 21, 2017, 04:13:37 am »

The PETA example would probably have the balloon confiscated though, as Meat Factories and the PETA don't get along. It may help to remember that the Syndicate and Nanotrasen have a more militant relationship, what with the death squads and the like.

If it were to come out that the Balloon is Syndicate property, it would at least likely ruffle some feathers. Maybe. Most of my characters don't care enough either.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24689 on: May 05, 2017, 02:26:08 pm »

There's gonna be a Fallout event tonight at 8:00 pm EST, or otherwise 4 and a half hours from the time of this post. It's gonna be awesome, get on the hype train people.
Pages: 1 ... 1644 1645 [1646] 1647 1648 ... 1654