Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1645 1646 [1647] 1648 1649 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2127607 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #24690 on: May 11, 2017, 06:33:52 pm »

Is this ded? I haven't played it in forever, and it looks like there's been a lot of changes to various things since the last time I was on, but I'm in the server right now and the only other player is catatonic.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24691 on: May 11, 2017, 07:06:06 pm »

Hop on the discord, that's where the activity is. Things usually pick up on weekends.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #24692 on: May 11, 2017, 07:07:15 pm »

I've never used Discord and didn't know that this had one. I can't keep up with you damn kids and all these fancy new means of communication :P

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24693 on: May 23, 2017, 07:26:38 pm »

At time of writing we have 16 players. Come on in.

E: That was a good day! Hopefully we'll get the same tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 12:30:50 am by AH »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #24694 on: July 24, 2017, 05:27:31 pm »

Finally got around to trying this game!  On one of the Paradise servers, hopefully we're allowed to discuss other stations here?

My first experience was bizarre but pretty nice.  I came onto the station very late in its run.  I dicked around in the arrivals tool storage, trying to figure out how to do basic things.  Ended up emptying a blue toolbox on the ground and then hitting myself with it, then dropped it but forgot that arrow keys move instead of WASD.  In the midst of all this, a corticol borer slowly crawled under me.  I noticed it pretty quickly but tried to move away using WASD and so was infested.  The borer player was actually really nice!  Once I figured out how to talk to them (and that people wouldn't realize I was infested just because I was talking to myself in the hallways), we had some talks.  They used the possession as an excuse to give me a tour of the station, with random detours into bathrooms to make more worms.

Probably helping our budding symbiosis is the fact that despite reading about this game for literally years, I had no idea what a borer is.  So I assumed that I was an antag and I had to do whatever the worm told me to.  It was a good strategy, I ended up successfully escaping the station with the worm in tow.

Edit: Oh, and the worm actually didn't kill anyone.  It possessed me and dragged an unconscious person back to sickbay, then successfully healed them.  That person will never know what wormbuddy did for them.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 05:33:35 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24695 on: July 24, 2017, 06:30:20 pm »

All ss13 is ok here, i usually jump between servers myself.

And also, welcome to one of the most insane games ever devised.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24696 on: July 28, 2017, 04:54:07 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

10/10 slice of life simulator, would be punch clock spaceman again.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 05:09:31 am by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24697 on: July 28, 2017, 08:59:46 am »

snip snip

Cargo tech is usually one of the best classes to start with, as is hydroponics tech, chef, bartender, chemist and robotics. Just keep a wiki guide handy and you're golden. I personally love hydroponics; there's something relaxing about creating a singularity of ever-growing plants that only need one start up crop that turns into endless plants and ez grow. Protip; start with watermelons for the biogenerator.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24698 on: July 28, 2017, 10:03:41 am »

You can also be atmos tech because nobody knows what you do anyways so you can take as long as you like without the risk of the station running out of stored power (coughnewengineerscough) and it still gives you engineering practice.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24699 on: July 28, 2017, 11:03:32 am »

Atmos tho, keep the relevant wiki open with tips on what to do; most games you'll do nothing really, but you have the potential to kill everything if you want/do something wrong, and the potential to save the station if an out of control fire begins.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24700 on: July 28, 2017, 11:20:24 am »

Cargo tech is fun!  I was basically quartermaster for half the game; when the actual quartermaster showed up and started quickly and silently doing everything I was kinda bummed.

What's the best introduction to medical BTW?  I'm thinking paramedic.  I want to take the dive and learn that department but I don't want to ruin anyone's round with medical malpractice.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24701 on: July 28, 2017, 11:22:01 am »

I recommend the old practice of going assistant and then asking the HoP to transfer you to a medical trainee.

Atmos tho, keep the relevant wiki open with tips on what to do; most games you'll do nothing really, but you have the potential to kill everything if you want/do something wrong, and the potential to save the station if an out of control fire begins.
It's why I suggested atmos. It's a very easy check-the-list job, and that's actually for optimization. In reality you don't have to do anything until something breaks.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 11:26:40 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24702 on: July 28, 2017, 11:35:25 am »

It's why I suggested atmos. It's a very easy check-the-list job, and that's actually for optimization. In reality you don't have to do anything until something breaks.

Ah, i see what you mean. Yeah, Atmos is easy usually but dang when it goes bad it goes really bad. Learn your atmos mixes ahead of time.

Cargo tech is fun!  I was basically quartermaster for half the game; when the actual quartermaster showed up and started quickly and silently doing everything I was kinda bummed.

What's the best introduction to medical BTW?  I'm thinking paramedic.  I want to take the dive and learn that department but I don't want to ruin anyone's round with medical malpractice.

Try chemist actually. Learn your medicines, how to make them, what they do and how certain chemicals affect the body. You'll be more prepared when you're a doctor cuz you'll know exactly what to ask for and you can always make it yourself if anything happens. Chemist is also rather easy, its a get a beaker of one chemical and another beaker of another chem and boom, you've got what you need. Just keep the wiki with the recipes open.
For surgery knowledge, try.... i dunno. Robotics? learn how to cut off brains and butts and make borgs with them and butt bots.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24703 on: July 28, 2017, 02:26:27 pm »

Yeah but when it goes really bad people are used to there not being an atmos tech anyways and the engineer would probably just come to help you sort your shit out.

EDIT: I'd also have recommended chemist because it was my first experience with medical but.... they barely has anything to do with medical aside from churning a ludicrous amount of chems. Also, chemistry is very labor-intensive at round start because you gotta fill up the cryo, and last I remembered, clonexadone is kind of tedious to make.

In fact, anything worth making for medical is kind of tedious to make. So choose chemistry only if you're willing to spend the first ten minutes of the round walking around a small, confined room clicking dispensers.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 02:48:54 pm by Cinder »

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24704 on: July 28, 2017, 06:13:10 pm »

Thinking about it, to learn medical without killing anyone, you could always be an assistant and see if the HoP and Chief Medical officer will let you become a 'medical assistant' or intern or something, and just observe/help and read the wiki. I had one round where something like that happened, I was security and our sec chief was smart and assigned an officer to each division and I got medical, so i sat at the counter there and kept an eye on the place while occasionally helping when someone with a bloody face wandered in from the bar.
Pages: 1 ... 1645 1646 [1647] 1648 1649 ... 1654