Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1646 1647 [1648] 1649 1650 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2127582 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #24705 on: July 28, 2017, 06:34:05 pm »

I used to do athmos and install a cryo system in the slime lab where they could feeze the slime without the fire extinguisher on the push of a button. Mind you it was on a roleplay server where the average game lasted 4hr +.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #24706 on: July 30, 2017, 03:58:01 am »

Played a game as a corporate laws cyborg, Cleanbot 3000.  Mainly wanted the all access so I could explore the station.  Then a cult managed to summon a Great Old One without being discovered.  I used my access to help two crew members "escape" to the forced labor camp, then tried to make a break for an escape pod ("first law: you are expensive to replace and must be protected").  Unfortunately the map I had pulled up in another tab was a /tg/ map and Paradise Station has the security escape pod replaced by a shuttle bay, so I awkwardly headed back to be stranded (but presumably safe) in the labor camp.  Went into a back area to see 3 people circle beating a prisoner to death.

Cleanbot 3000: "Statement: Prisoner is of low financial value."
Security Officer: "That's a good borg."
Cleanbot 3000: "Statement: This unit will not interfere."

I don't know what that guy did, but the people in the camp fucking hated him.  They not only killed him, they suggested bringing him back to life so they could kill him again.  Game ended before they could decide.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24707 on: July 30, 2017, 05:35:42 am »

Valids, man.
Black lives matter.

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24708 on: July 30, 2017, 07:40:32 am »

Cargo tech is fun!  I was basically quartermaster for half the game; when the actual quartermaster showed up and started quickly and silently doing everything I was kinda bummed.

What's the best introduction to medical BTW?  I'm thinking paramedic.  I want to take the dive and learn that department but I don't want to ruin anyone's round with medical malpractice.

I'm late, but: NOT Paramedic. You'll have a crash course for sure, but most of your patients will be on the edge of death where your experience with the medical system will decide their fate. I'd say medical doctor when someone else is also in medical to help you, or if you're playing one of those highrp servers that demand uber-competent realism doctors, be an intern/assistant.

Every codebase should have medical guides on their wikis, too.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #24709 on: July 31, 2017, 05:25:21 am »

you could grab the assistant alt title "Medical Intern" and just ask a doctor for a pass every half-hour if there's no HoP/Captain/XO/CO
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24710 on: July 31, 2017, 05:44:18 am »

I'm pretty sure medical is HARDER the less RP there is. I mean, just look at the sheer workload of /tg/ medbay.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24711 on: August 01, 2017, 05:10:38 am »

Does anybody play no mans land?(brutal ww 2)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24712 on: August 01, 2017, 10:14:46 am »

I, too, enjoy pouring bleach directly onto my eyeballs.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24713 on: August 01, 2017, 10:23:31 am »

Try Clorox with OxiClean. It gets the tough stains out. As well as your consciousness.
Black lives matter.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #24714 on: August 01, 2017, 12:10:58 pm »

Been playing on the Space Marine Simulator these days. Lots and lots of death. That, and suicidal marines during the briefing...
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24715 on: August 07, 2017, 05:27:20 am »

Got around to trying Chemist.

Got bored over the course of two hours and made an experimental EVA pill.  The goal was to be able to survive in the vacuum of space with no suit and no internals.  Wanted to test it on myself but escape airlocks wouldn't open.  (Un)fortunately, a wormhole event teleported me out to space near engineering.  Took pill and then dragged myself to an engineering airlock.  Due to some engineering fuckery that had been unfolding, the PDA system wasn't working so I couldn't buzz the AI asking to open the airlock.  After a while of trying, a monkey teleported next to me, punched me twice, then I fell unconscious with a message I haven't seen before.  Then I woke up from crit to find both the PDA and the monkey had presumably floated off into space.  Then I died.  As a consolation, engineering's horrifying lack of OSHA compliance killed pretty much everyone else shortly after.

So I have two questions:
1.  How long in real-time can a person normally survive outside the station?  I want to know if the experiment was a partial success.
2.  What does the message "you feel too tired to carry on" (possibly not the exact message) mean?"  I assume it means either stun or stamina damage.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24716 on: August 07, 2017, 05:36:40 am »

I remember it taking a while for me to die in space the one time I accidentally spaced myself, though loss of consciousness was almost immediate.

Not good with names

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24717 on: August 07, 2017, 11:55:58 pm »

I've actually tried that, and was able to make it from the escape shuttle area all the way to arrivals suitless.  I can't explain the monkey, but I believe I mixed the super oxygen loss stuff with tricord, a bunch of painkiller and speed.  This was a while ago, so I don't know if it changed but I was able to do it with only moderate bruising and toxicity.  That said, I couldn't make it from Arrivals to engineering, so it seems chemically surviving without oxygen is something like 1:30-2 minutes max.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #24718 on: August 08, 2017, 12:10:34 am »

Yeah, there was a time when you could literally explore space just by chugging a lot of warm coffee, firesuit and having a way to stop oxyloss damage (usually just your internals). This is no longer the case, space kills, it's a bit different depending on the code, but usually very fast.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24719 on: August 08, 2017, 12:13:31 pm »

Yeah, depressurization seems to be a problem for which there is no medicine.  Ah well, to bigger and better things I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 1646 1647 [1648] 1649 1650 ... 1654