Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1626 1627 [1628] 1629 1630 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2127915 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #24405 on: September 03, 2016, 08:11:07 pm »

Mind you, doing so leaves you vulnerable to the almighty ahelp. I don't think I'd ban someone over wiring a half a dozen engines directly to the grid and someone dying over it... But I might say some mean things and initiate disciplinary measures. I'm not saying it's not allowed, but it does seem kinda meta. Why would a REAL engineer wire fifty trillion volts to every broken door, electrified grille, and loose wire end that may need clipping? They wouldn't because that's INSANELY dangerous for THEM.

Just my take on it.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #24406 on: September 03, 2016, 08:15:57 pm »

Mind you, doing so leaves you vulnerable to the almighty ahelp. I don't think I'd ban someone over wiring a half a dozen engines directly to the grid and someone dying over it... But I might say some mean things and initiate disciplinary measures. I'm not saying it's not allowed, but it does seem kinda meta. Why would a REAL engineer wire fifty trillion volts to every broken door, electrified grille, and loose wire end that may need clipping? They wouldn't because that's INSANELY dangerous for THEM.

Just my take on it.
Because they're a traitor and were hired by an opposing megacorp to sabotage NanoTrasen?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #24407 on: September 03, 2016, 08:41:07 pm »

Except it's not, since, you know, gloves. And the more power the better obviously, fast charging and so on. If someone dies to it it's their chucklefuck fault since they hack and break things.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24408 on: September 03, 2016, 08:43:30 pm »

If your excuse is 'fast charging' then you have no excuse five minutes after the engine's set up.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #24409 on: September 03, 2016, 11:00:54 pm »

I say just give fair warning by babbling insanity over the communications about Tesla dreams. If I'm going to do something that might be deadly for everyone involved, I may as well play the insanity card while doing it. O.o
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #24410 on: September 04, 2016, 10:45:39 am »

You're totally free to do that, but fyi the insanity defense is inadmissible in admuncourt
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #24411 on: September 04, 2016, 11:27:12 am »

It's more as a warning or a chance for other players to react to, or at least try to counteract the plans of the antagonist. I consider it fairplay when the other players know what might be going on.
BIRDS.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24412 on: September 04, 2016, 09:33:18 pm »

Some people also set up both at the same time (for some reason? They also tend to be the people who insist on always using phoron as coolant for the SM so I 'unno.) so having the singularity area shifted to the right a few tiles or the supermatter area shifted left a few tiles could help a bit.
It just makes me want to set up both engines at full effiency and wire solars, throw some upgraded generators from science on top of that...
... and wire this shit straight to the grid. Electrified grilles would proably insta-husk at this level of burn damage. Good luck hacking doors as gloveless greyshirt now.
Last time I checked, Bay changed it so that wires and doors, no matter how much power, can no longer instakill.   As well as people never being able to get more then... I think it was 40 brute from shards of glass.  But they might have reverted these since I tested.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 09:35:07 pm by Vakothu »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #24413 on: September 04, 2016, 09:38:59 pm »

Another proof that baycode is worse.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24414 on: September 04, 2016, 10:19:23 pm »

Last I checked the code (probably like 2 years ago hahaha ;_;) the zap would only damage one body part.  Which I think meant that it could crit if you used your torso (by bump-opening?  I think?) but if you used an arm you'd only lose all your health on that arm (like 40-60).  Not enough damage to crit, since it didn't spill.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #24415 on: September 04, 2016, 10:39:21 pm »

I remember that at one point in /tg/code it was possible to instahusk people. That was many years ago though, proably even more than 2.

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24416 on: September 05, 2016, 04:51:44 am »

SHOCKED DOORS BURN OFF LIMBS

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #24417 on: September 05, 2016, 07:14:34 am »

That's when you start trying to find ways to tear down walls or use space to navigate. ^.^
BIRDS.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24418 on: September 05, 2016, 11:02:18 am »

Last I checked the code (probably like 2 years ago hahaha ;_;) the zap would only damage one body part.  Which I think meant that it could crit if you used your torso (by bump-opening?  I think?) but if you used an arm you'd only lose all your health on that arm (like 40-60).  Not enough damage to crit, since it didn't spill.

SHOCKED DOORS BURN OFF LIMBS

This happened on Ace and I's wizard wars round, to me. I was Richard the Wicked, a GIGANTIC DICKHEAD of a wizard. I had Ethereal Jaunt, Staff of Change, Curse of the Horseman, and EMP. Ethereal was doubled. I went into the brig and was lecturing the HoS about leaving their locker open when the HoP came after me. I jaunt'd to the next hallway over and EMP'd him. Then I ran north and hit those security doors, with my hand (I had hands targeted for some reason.) and it fucking ashed it right off. I went into near-crit pain and tele'd into a hiding spot, where I waited and put gauze and ointment on. Then I continued dominating another wizard and like eight crewmembers with the most annoying tactics ever. >.>

It helps when you never NEED to switch hands, and also I stole the Captain's ID with a well timed pair of Jaunts and a EMP, right from under the Captain (Who died of EMP), the other Wizard, the HoS, and the HoP. By the end of the round, ninety percent of the crew was horse-faced, with only shitty shotguns to protect them. The hand being singed off was the only real injury I sustained. I did get bean-bagged in the chest at one point, but I escaped.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24419 on: September 05, 2016, 09:45:48 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 1626 1627 [1628] 1629 1630 ... 1654