Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1614 1615 [1616] 1617 1618 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2128127 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #24225 on: May 31, 2016, 04:05:14 am »

-nope-

Werty beat me to the punch
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24226 on: May 31, 2016, 10:32:27 am »

Grats!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24227 on: May 31, 2016, 10:50:35 am »

Where is the lore any way? Is there a central place for it?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #24228 on: May 31, 2016, 11:29:21 am »

Where is the lore any way? Is there a central place for it?
The lore is very, very flexible, and every codebase has their own idea. Beyond a few very basic things, it's hard to find a consolidated lore. You're also expected to fill in some blanks yourself as you play.

Here's a few pages of lore, but do note that they contradict in several places and few players agree with everything in them:
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24229 on: May 31, 2016, 06:19:39 pm »

We also have our own incomplete lore that is linked in the MOTD of the server.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24230 on: June 01, 2016, 08:24:14 am »

as a /tg/ ex-maintainer and guy who has opinions on 2d spacemans, i think alien races are sort of bad a lot of the time, especially if you have a lot of them.

lizards are ok as long as theyre called lizards and playing them gives you some minor disadvantages. i'm against the amount of customisation lizards get in tgs (mostly because it looks hideous when people go overboard with it), but what can you do. also it means people play less offensive black characters, but thats specific to lower-rp servers.

alien races just seem to attract bad (role)players to a much greater extent than straight humans, and having too many alien races just means everybody will try to be as snowflakey as possible.

i'm in favor of having random characters, maybe not every round, but a few times. maybe having them for 25% of the station would be nice. but you'd have to fix them giving you bald, pink-bearded males with lime eyes and the first name Lisa. this is based on doing a vote on basil for random characters one time, it coming out overwhelmingly negative, then doing it anyway.

this also has issues (oh i got random time to suicide), sadly. breaking people's tendency to form cliques and always play the snowflake alien races is hard.

i would also like to note that "lore" was the meme of the week on coderbus a couple weeks ago. i think we even had a lore tag on our github for a bit (but its gone now, rip ;-;7). really its headcannons all the way down.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24231 on: June 02, 2016, 03:30:56 am »

I know I change the map link like every other month but this is the last time.
http://uristmcstation.com/map.html
It's zoomable and stuff.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24232 on: June 02, 2016, 11:41:50 am »

sorry folks about dropping out yesterday as AI without any warning...the damn fire alert went down. As it turns out some drunk shithead decided to cook a meal at 2 in the morning and then fell asleep...

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24233 on: June 07, 2016, 03:07:06 pm »

Why are we no longer on the hub?

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #24234 on: June 07, 2016, 08:28:41 pm »

Not sure what is going on with the Hub, I'm getting an error message when I open up BYOND that the Hub is unreachable, not sure if it is on my end or theirs.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24235 on: June 07, 2016, 09:49:02 pm »

I got that too, restarted BYOND and things worked fine. \o/

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #24236 on: June 08, 2016, 06:56:22 am »

Nobody was on so I restarted the server, it should be back up on the Hub now.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24237 on: June 08, 2016, 01:56:16 pm »

Yep it's back up on the hub, thanks Vactor.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24238 on: June 08, 2016, 07:02:06 pm »

Hey, does anyone have some interesting stories? I don't have too many, but three stand out as somewhat amusing.

1. On goon, back when cogmap 1 was in use, I was traitor, and implanted myself with some last-ditch microbombs for a last surprise. Going down the main hall, I follow someone into maint for no real reason, other than curiosity. I somewhat unfortunatley found out the round type was traitorling. The person turned out to have an interest in my DNA. 2 antags dead in the aftermath, thanks to those microbombs.

2. As a miner on Paradise, I decided to eat some of the pizza that cargo had sent mining. Without any knifes to cut it into slices, it was decided to eat the entire monstrosity at once. I do so, and go back to mining with my space suit. You see, I forgot that you could become obese from eating too much food. Another tidbit I forgot; being obese forces you out of armors & suits, including the one I was mining in. Ah, asphyxiaton, how fun.

3. On Destiny RP, an admin made me a special antag, with the goal of being a sneaky spy. I get a few million spacebucks to buy spy equipment, and decide on keeping the money as cash. The clown initiates an auction to buy the station for his banana. I enter, with the AI verifying that I somehow have an unreasonable amount of money. It decides that, having bought the station, I gain captainhood in exchange for funding the station. Being captain, I have access to the AI upload, I add a law that essentially turns over everything it controls  to be syndicate property. The entire crew dresses up in red jumpsuits, but everyone has to leave due to surprise meteor. Spy accomplished, I'd say. 8)
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24239 on: June 08, 2016, 07:19:21 pm »

Once on a station I forgot the name of I was a traitor roboticist and I simply needed to get rid of someone, so I emagged the local borg and told him to space the target.
Naturally they blew the borg after, but the target was already dead. I remember placing a power sink - to distract everyone and stop cloning, I think. Somehow I got the idea to check Cloning for the body and it was actually there, unattended, in all its glory.
So I shoved it in my morgue.

after they blew the borg it wasn't loyal to me so it spilled, i got arrested, and a fumbling guard got us stranded on the station, but
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 1614 1615 [1616] 1617 1618 ... 1654