Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1616 1617 [1618] 1619 1620 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2128050 times)

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #24255 on: June 20, 2016, 01:10:14 pm »

Server's no longer on the hub.

Should be on there now.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24256 on: June 20, 2016, 01:13:00 pm »

Confirmed.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24257 on: June 20, 2016, 01:50:49 pm »

Thanks Vactor.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24258 on: June 25, 2016, 12:06:27 am »

Hey guys! I'm planning an assault test and a Fallout event for tomorrow night. I'm thinking around 7PM EST we'll do the test. Assault tests usually last an hour or so, and we'll go right into the event after that. I'll put up an announcement on the steam group tomorrow, and I'll also lay out some details on the summer update schedule and schedules for future events and tests.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24259 on: June 26, 2016, 01:30:30 am »

Silence fell over the planet surface. A battle for the future of humanity had ended. The wastelanders had come to defend their homeland from ANFOR Enclave incursions, and the Enclave began the incursions to defend their homeland, which they viewed as the last hope of humanity. For outside the savage wasteland, they had managed to carve out a bit a pre-war life. Yet that life was torn apart by the gunfire that ended the lives of the wastelanders and the Enclave alike. In the end, Ashley Staymate was the last survivor of the battle. Yet she pledged to clone the dead, from both sides, and to bring peace to a broken world. Her future would be rebuilding the shattered home of the Enclave. However, even though both sides had motives that were pure at heart, the war ended the same way wars always do, in death and destruction.  Somehow though, survivors lived on, aiming to forge a new place among the stars.

Yet hope is a fickle thing, and only one thing remains true for humanity. That is war, war never changes.

Sad you missed the end Cheeds. They could've used the help :P

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24260 on: June 26, 2016, 01:32:20 am »

I never died! I power the cloners for life.

Durning the round I built this, http://i.imgur.com/qOViEzr.png
Supplied power to a set of cloners from north of the station down south.
Trade things for a couple of guns.
Got lots of food and metal.
And set up tcomms closer to the end.
I only wish I offered my power out to you guys.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24261 on: June 26, 2016, 02:34:39 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

i run the enclave now
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 02:56:34 am by Aedel »
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24262 on: June 26, 2016, 10:33:53 am »

Sad I missed the end of Fallout, but thanks for the round Glloyd. Also Stetchkin is 10/10 would use again.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #24263 on: June 28, 2016, 08:03:47 pm »

Server is back up, hopefully i fixed what i needed to.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24264 on: June 29, 2016, 07:51:41 pm »

Hey all. Summer is here, which means it's a great time for some SS13. I've been pretty busy this last month, so outside the few tests and the Fallout event, I haven't had much time for SS13. This will be true for this week and the next, but I should have some more time for the rest of the summer.

With that in mind, I do have some definite plans for Urist this summer, and they include some exciting updates and some unique events, new and old. I'll do my best to keep you updated on these plans throughout the summer.

My plan is to be running tests for infestation and colony mode by August at the latest. What's slowing this down is the fact that I'm also working on merging the latest updates from Bay, which will bring in a ton of new features and oodles of bugfixes, along with some optimizations. There's some stuff in there that is very useful for colony mode and some other plans of mine and Scrdest's, so it's important that we get that done ASAP. I'll still be working on assault and other little things in the meantime though, so Urist will still be seeing updates on a semi-regular basis. Another thing I'm working on in the same branch as the Baymerge is some improvements and optimizations to both the lighting system and the process scheduler, and this ties into some updates that utilize BYOND 510, which I'm sure you've heard about from the servers that have implemented it already, as it virtually eliminates lag from previous lag inducing actions like bombing and etc. Would be nice for Fallout rounds for sure :P

Because of the Baymerge and 510, most of my devtime in July will be devoted to those big projects. However, I do plan on wrapping up assault and paranoia and making them votable within the coming weeks, and possibly getting an early test of either infestation or colony mode out there. Colony mode is something I haven't really explained much on here, but it's planned to be a kind of survival mode inspired by Rimworld. You'll need to survive on a hostile planet, build shelter to survive the weather, fend of hostile animals and raiders, scavenge for supplies and work with the other survivors to build a shuttle and get off the planet. I'll go more into detail on it before the first test, but it'll be less combat oriented than assault or infestation, and more focused on building, crafting and survival. So, here's a tentative testing schedule for the next few weeks.

This weekend (July1st-3rd) No tests/events because I'm busy.

July 8th Paranoia Test (possibly the last one) and Assault Test. Probably around 7PM EST, but I'll post a definite time later.

July 15th Assault Test (possibly the last one) and a Paranoia test if some major issues come up in the 8ths test. If not, it could be a votable mode by this point :)

July 16th MIght hold an event this night, or the 15th if we don't run a Paranoia test

Past that, things are iffy. The weekend of the 22nd I'm busy the whole way through, but I may run something small during the week. The big Bay update will be done by the end of July, so we could be running Infestation or Colony tests by the end of July, beginning of August, but I'll keep you updated on that.

That's all for now, hope you all are doing well and I'll see you on the server. Cheers!

Acemuto10

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24265 on: July 01, 2016, 08:08:17 pm »

Hey all, been a while from me.  I apologize for being 'That Guy', the missing admin, but my health issues have gotten worse over time, and I can't stay at the computer for any length of time. 

Hopefully sometime soon I can get to a doctor that will actually help me, and i'll be able to get back into the swing of things to help out again.  So yeah, I just wanted to apologize for being missing, I hope you all are doing good!

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #24266 on: July 01, 2016, 08:11:29 pm »

Hey all, been a while from me.  I apologize for being 'That Guy', the missing admin, but my health issues have gotten worse over time, and I can't stay at the computer for any length of time. 

Hopefully sometime soon I can get to a doctor that will actually help me, and i'll be able to get back into the swing of things to help out again.  So yeah, I just wanted to apologize for being missing, I hope you all are doing good!
Just ask for some inaprovaline and some ryetalin, it'll clear up with some cryogenics C:
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24267 on: July 01, 2016, 08:51:44 pm »

Or spawn in a bit of adminorizine.

In all seriousness, hope you get better.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24268 on: July 02, 2016, 02:16:39 am »

Indeed.

*applies clinically tested hugizin*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24269 on: July 02, 2016, 08:37:24 am »

Hugizin only works if you're a xenomorph tho
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 1616 1617 [1618] 1619 1620 ... 1654