Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1612 1613 [1614] 1615 1616 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2128126 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #24195 on: May 29, 2016, 10:46:48 am »

You know, I just got an idea how to marry the more freeform antag formula of no objectives and curtail power-antagging.

Challenges.

Instead of a positive, do-this, kill Jimbob the Assistant kind of goal, the objectives would limit the efficiency options. So your challenge might be, say, "Do not use firearms.", "Do not cause collateral damage to the station infrastructure." or "Do not hurt Spook McSpooks the IAA".
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24196 on: May 29, 2016, 11:06:00 am »

"Kill Urist McGreyshit, the Assistant"

Do not harm Urist McGreyshit, the Assistant"

calling it now :v

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #24197 on: May 29, 2016, 11:14:41 am »

The first couldn't be rolled, since it's a regular-ass objective. The whole point of the exercise is NOT to give these. You can do whatever, from a vault heist, to an elaborate staged accident - as long as you don't harm X.

Honestly, the X is more of a symbol. By making the antag spare someone, assuming they don't die or go out of the round, means the antag can't go for things like phoron flood or spessbola, which kills indiscriminately.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24198 on: May 29, 2016, 12:59:16 pm »

It also subtly drives home the point that antagging isn't about winning. Because there are a multitude of ways for people to get themselves killed with no help whatsoever.

"Do not allow harm to befall Tinkleshits, the Clown."

*five minutes into the round, Tinkleshits runs out an open airlock*

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24199 on: May 29, 2016, 03:51:05 pm »

So kidnap and lock up Tinkleshits.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #24200 on: May 29, 2016, 04:56:30 pm »

It'd be interesting, I think, if there was more room to actually recruit non-antags. I mean, obviously it needs to be constrained or else it'll be self-antagging every round, but it would be nice if a traitor could persuade non-antags to help in their plans without fear of admin retribution.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24201 on: May 29, 2016, 05:27:25 pm »

They can. Sadly, it relies on people writing exploitable information and RPing it.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24202 on: May 29, 2016, 06:08:38 pm »

That almost never goes well for the antags, because there are always the cockbags that instantly shout over radio stuff like "SONSO IS A TRAITOR TRYING TO SUBVERT THE STATION" and you can't tell who they are beforehand without prior experience.

3. Run Resize Enable

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24203 on: May 29, 2016, 06:30:28 pm »

Snowpiercer in like 30 minutes, after this round I think.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24204 on: May 29, 2016, 07:08:44 pm »

That almost never goes well for the antags, because there are always the cockbags that instantly shout over radio stuff like "SONSO IS A TRAITOR TRYING TO SUBVERT THE STATION" and you can't tell who they are beforehand without prior experience.

Thats what ahelps are for. Well, when there is someone to ahelp to. But thats what the ban request forum thread is for.
Highly Opinionated Fool

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24205 on: May 30, 2016, 12:53:54 am »

I've actually just about never seen this on Urist. Blatant antag callouts are made fun of and corrected in the rare event that it happens.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24206 on: May 30, 2016, 01:15:38 am »

Not as much and not so literally direct, true, but I recall it happening. I remember a Rev round where we tried to do the usual RP-heavy approach of talking people around (as opposed to lolflashing them), and some chucklefucks went straight to Sec to tattle, skirting the meta line about as hard as they could. As above, that's what I see crop up mostly in servers that don't enforce high RP but also have some standards, people who abuse metaknowledge without being explicitly meta in IC, while still giving up the game to anyone who knows anything. Not always or even often, but it's annoying and passive-aggressive enough that it bothers me a lot more than getting toolboxed for a piece of equipment in a dark maintenance tunnel, or even dying as an antag because someone screams out over radio what and where you are because they're mildly suspicious.

3. Run Resize Enable

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24207 on: May 30, 2016, 02:35:18 am »

When I play sec I usually arrest those guys and send them to Medbay for the psychologist.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #24208 on: May 30, 2016, 10:07:55 am »

I'll usually won't say anything unless my mortal life is in danger. Which, at that point, if you've been stabbed, you kind of want to live. O.o
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24209 on: May 30, 2016, 11:17:09 am »

Yeah, but, like. There's a world of difference between "Help, so'n'so is killing me, I'm in the chapel!" versus "So'n'so just pulled an energy crossbow and started shooting me in [detailed description of hidden maintenance room]!" followed by six guys bumrushing you fifteen seconds later because they all just happened to know IC that there was a room hidden behind that wall or the layout of that specific little atmos airlock even though they're cops, a bartender, assistants, or whatever.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1612 1613 [1614] 1615 1616 ... 1654