Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1554 1555 [1556] 1557 1558 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116876 times)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #23325 on: January 29, 2016, 09:51:36 pm »

Well, we're uh doing nations now.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23326 on: January 30, 2016, 11:01:50 am »

I forgot how easy it was to have unlimited money. I was giving out small loans of a million dollars.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #23327 on: January 30, 2016, 11:54:20 am »

Inflation.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Finalsong

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23328 on: January 30, 2016, 02:46:40 pm »

15 players today. I'm going to start playing whenever I get the chance, regardless of pop.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #23329 on: January 30, 2016, 05:36:21 pm »

Back down to five. Come play so the new guy can stop sitting in an empty station because of us filthy ghosts?
Take a closer look at this text!

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23330 on: January 30, 2016, 08:33:32 pm »

Event is a happening

Teaser:https://i.imgur.com/EhYglxK.gifv NSFL

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23331 on: January 30, 2016, 09:39:52 pm »

I started mapping a new station for urist.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23332 on: January 30, 2016, 10:02:36 pm »

There needs to be some sort of hallway to connect the heads meeting room to the head dorms to the bridge.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23333 on: January 30, 2016, 10:49:10 pm »

Quote from: map
IDK WTF
Watch it become the official name...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23334 on: January 30, 2016, 11:06:38 pm »

Some of the location choices I have slight objections to. Namely, the IAA office being off the library, and the Blueshield and the Heads Meeting room would probally work better if swapped.

Also, dont forget a spot for the stations money computer, or is that going to go in the vault?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23335 on: January 31, 2016, 12:39:16 am »

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23336 on: January 31, 2016, 01:56:38 am »

I got more progress, I copied over a few large areas from glloydstation and shifted them around to fit where I wanted them. It should make finishing the map a lot easier when if get to that point. Theres some large gaps in maintenance areas but overall This is the layout that I am going for.

Large images: http://imgur.com/a/Krkdq

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23337 on: January 31, 2016, 03:08:50 am »

I got more progress, I copied over a few large areas from glloydstation and shifted them around to fit where I wanted them. It should make finishing the map a lot easier when if get to that point. Theres some large gaps in maintenance areas but overall This is the layout that I am going for.

Large images: http://imgur.com/a/Krkdq
You need a straight connection from the arrivals corridor to the bridge corridor. Otherwise, looks good.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #23338 on: January 31, 2016, 05:49:39 am »

I wouldn't go remapping from Glloydstation. It has two major design flaws (both of which I kinda blame myself - I didn't map it, but I pushed for them for novelty's sake) that could be directly replicated by copying over areas, both of which boil down to 'too big for our current pop' - which isn't bad in itself, but a new map could fill that niche.

First, the double-corridor design, which would be perfect for very high pop thanks to its throughput but on anything less than only-Assistant-slots-open-tier fullness makes it very easy for people to avoid each other when moving through the station, so our lowpops feel like nopops. It seems heavily reduced here, with it only circling the bridge a'la Boxstation, so that's a big plus, and another is that you're funneling people through the Bar, which <3

Second, the room sizes, pretty much the same effect as above - and they indirectly impact the map size, making it larger. I've always regarded BS12's mapping pulls talking about movement flow a bit un-seriously, but turns out it's way, way important. This seems largely untouched. We could use more compact rooms and leave the space, or maint to fill the space around with seekrits. Or maybe leave the lattice on the actual area - it would look kinda 'station in construction' and would make it easier to fill it out later in game or DM.

You need a straight connection from the arrivals corridor to the bridge corridor. Otherwise, looks good.
I'd cut out a path through the maint (just make it a room with N/S maint doors and W/E regular doors, like the tiny passages in Toxins or Viro) from that tiny indent next to IAA to the blue-white tiled area with the washing machines - the actual machines could be dropped into the toilets or something, since they lost their no. 1 use in the update - and make it a Command/Sec-access door or something along the lines so most people don't use it. See 1) above.

Another suggestion - take a page from Goon's Cogmap and move people from Arrivals straight to the bar by swapping out Arrivals with Cargo - this will shrink the path majority of the crew has to take to get to the station from Arrivals. Also also, bear in mind the update's features. Learn them. Use them. Love them.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23339 on: January 31, 2016, 12:06:14 pm »

so, what exactly are the new features, save for bulletsec? Can we get a changelog of sorts?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 1554 1555 [1556] 1557 1558 ... 1654