Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1555 1556 [1557] 1558 1559 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116918 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #23340 on: January 31, 2016, 01:53:32 pm »

so, what exactly are the new features, save for bulletsec? Can we get a changelog of sorts?
Update-wise? We're not getting bulletsec off the bat, this will be addressed once the update proper is sorted out. We're getting pretty much everything listed here and here, with the former overruling anything in the latter, with the choice items being:

- drying racks

- /tg/-style mobs on fire system, stop, drop and roll - notably, applies to Vampires in space

- Skrells are allergic to protein

- a ton of new traitor gear, traitors have 12 TC

- multiple accessories on jumpsuits - I have spawned myself a HoS with a holster, two medals, a tie, a locket, and some other crap; you cannot wear two storage-type accessories, though, so no holster+webbing, for balance

- antag system refactor; not only it works better under the hood, we can vote in pre-game to add another type of antag to the gamemode; it *should* work mid-game with a config enabled, but I couldn't get it to work on solo testing

- new Cult endgame(s), the classic-style summoning no longer acts like making a singulo but cultifies the station (though it can be admin'd back to pre-update singlo style), and another flavor of ending I won't spoil

- new Malf

- new Heist; it's essentially Newcops: Talk Like A Pirate Edition

- guncode changes; guns have firemodes, automatics can fire bursts of bullets, bullets penetrate walls, projectiles in general will shoot where you point them at if you're not shooting straight along N/W/S/E because they no longer stick to game tiles

- materials system; a lot of stuff that like walls, tables or, say, baseball bats are now generic 'templates'; what you make them of affects their stats - for example, you could make a glass baseball bat (though I don't believe it is a buildable recipe ATM) and it will be brittle and shatter after fewer hits than a wooden one which, in turn, will have less and do less damage than a steel one; or you could make one be made out of sandstone, diamond or cloth. Also, tables are now made out of frame of steel (i.e. old metal, just renamed) + any material. I made a *cardboard* one. A sad side effect is that rwalls and tables look kinda odd, at least for me.

- new lighting system - among others, supports colored lights (not like the emergency ones, which are a flat overlay). Computers with a green screen sprite emit green light, ferex, candles are yellowish (and last longer).

- hydro refactor - essentially, plants are no longer discrete types like banana or tomato, but predefined presets of traits, so you can modify a tomato into being slippery like a banana, or make a bioluminescent capsaicin-producing potato.

And as for our own changes:

- Vampires have, for compatibility with new antag code reasons, lost the Enthrall power and the regeneration by going into coffins and sleeping. However, in exchange they get, respectively, the Turn power with the cost of 500 blood, which, well, turns the target into a non-loyal new vampire, and a starting Torpor power, which allows you to become, for the intents and purposes of most examination methods, dead as a doornail and immobile until you toggle it off (which leaves you drowsy for a while), allows them to regen in coffins if they use it in one.

- Strong genetic power is gone; it didn't do anything and /vg/ (who we took it from) discontinued and replaced it with a power that was disabled in our code before, Horns. Purely cosmetic, but at least it does something. Some of the other /vg/ powers and Hulk have been converted to spells under new spellcode; in practice, this means you can access them from a swanky button on the top-right.

- Maybe something Glloyd changed I didn't notice.

------
E: Also, pretty much all critical things are, as far as I can tell, pretty much done. You can fire up a server and play a regular round and nothing non-adminspawnable at least should work, from my tests.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 01:57:46 pm by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23341 on: January 31, 2016, 02:22:29 pm »

so, what exactly are the new features, save for bulletsec? Can we get a changelog of sorts?
- drying racks
Nothing else matters for me. Botany will rise again!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #23342 on: January 31, 2016, 02:35:26 pm »

- drying racks
Hey, if you missed it - the OTHER hydro changes will mean you can also make grow that ambriosia to be bioluminescent and produce Doctor's Delight.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23343 on: January 31, 2016, 02:57:35 pm »

- drying racks
Hey, if you missed it - the OTHER hydro changes will mean you can also make grow that ambriosia to be bioluminescent and produce Doctor's Delight.
Yeah, I saw those too. Hydro will rise again, harder, stronger, danker!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23344 on: January 31, 2016, 02:59:48 pm »

Meme-er?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23345 on: January 31, 2016, 03:06:40 pm »

- hydro refactor - essentially, plants are no longer discrete types like banana or tomato, but predefined presets of traits, so you can modify a tomato into being slippery like a banana, or make a bioluminescent capsaicin-producing potato.
Holy crap!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23346 on: January 31, 2016, 03:22:29 pm »

Pre-vodkad potato when?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23347 on: January 31, 2016, 04:35:41 pm »

Mobs on fire oh god why.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23348 on: January 31, 2016, 06:56:36 pm »

-drying racks
-burning mobs

You mean features tgs has had for a year? :^]

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23349 on: January 31, 2016, 06:59:53 pm »

I did think the same thing about the "burning mobs".  Though it helps that I've barely played in said years.

*Bit of angst that nobody probably remembers my contributions on tg*
*Bit of frustration that I even care*
*Conflicted that the botany updates probably overwrote a lot of what I added*
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23350 on: January 31, 2016, 07:13:13 pm »

Miauw, longer than that. We had them before we switched to Bay for the medical and a few other things.

And because TG started rapidly turning toxic about that time.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23351 on: February 01, 2016, 01:35:52 am »

[Mentor PM] WAAAC: turns out you were mad that elizabith had an illegitmate child with the alien so you shot the child and tried to the alien, but the alien found out she cheated, so she shot the alien, then braxton, the secret detective, shot elizabith, who the alien then shot, and everybody died adn you won

Presented without comment.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23352 on: February 01, 2016, 01:42:20 am »

So I thought the update would happen this weekend, but ended up not because I got busy after Friday and haven't done much. However, it's pretty much done, and only needs a few more things done to it until it goes live (mainly remapping engineering completely). So with that being said, it'll be in this coming Friday/Sat, depending on Vac's availability to update. That is a guarantee.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23353 on: February 01, 2016, 07:09:11 pm »

WTS tickets for hype train 2556 for 200 credits

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23354 on: February 01, 2016, 07:23:11 pm »

Miauw, longer than that. We had them before we switched to Bay for the medical and a few other things.

And because TG started rapidly turning toxic about that time.
lmao tg is still just as much of a meme as it has always been, don't listen to oldfags complaining on singulo

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 1555 1556 [1557] 1558 1559 ... 1654