Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1549 1550 [1551] 1552 1553 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116680 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #23250 on: January 20, 2016, 01:49:16 pm »

Its more indepth.

Its really kinda sad how Goon has all these great systems (mostly cooking and chem) and then such an... aggravating playerbase.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #23251 on: January 20, 2016, 02:58:52 pm »

Nobody has told me yet how /tg/ or goonchem or whatever we're adding is different than Baychem D:
Goon/goofchem is... different. It's going for a more realistic, deeper chemical/pharmacological portrayal rather than drugs literally lifted from Star Trek, and quite importantly, has a temperature system - that is, some chems can only be created above or below certain temperature, like Ash which is made by burning Oil above 480 K.

As for deeper - the common chems far more often have some side-effects, e.g. a drug quickly purges all chemicals in your bloodstream - but if you're over 20 health, you get Tox damage, or another that massively heals oxyloss, but renders you mute, and their Doctor's Delight-equivalent is REALLY deadly on overdose. It also has different ingestion types that Bay added to their chem recently, so if you use a certain chem as a chem patch (another thing it has) it may heal you, but if you drink it it's vomitin' time.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23252 on: January 20, 2016, 06:48:14 pm »

Sure, sounds cool. I'll go for it.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23253 on: January 21, 2016, 11:25:04 pm »

double checking the forums every day to see if urist mcstation is back up is as good a reason as any to stick around the forums

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #23254 on: January 21, 2016, 11:34:44 pm »

Baystation is, believe it or not, deader than Urist. You actually got 11 players the other day whereas Baystation now struggles to get over 7.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #23255 on: January 22, 2016, 01:33:52 am »

Are we reclaiming a station? It's been awhile since I've last played.

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23256 on: January 22, 2016, 02:33:35 am »

Cant say that I don't feel happy that Baystation is dying under its own restrictive and stagnant policies. In any case I hope Urist gets some updates soon I always look forward to those. Heck a new chem system would probably keep me busy for a while.

I am thinking about making a new map maybe that will also help with attracting players back with a change in scenery though I cant do any actual mapping until all the bugs are fixed and updated to the main branch.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23257 on: January 22, 2016, 03:18:45 am »

If I held a test server for some update stuff someday this weekend, would people be interested in helping me test one of the new game modes before I push it to the update branch?

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23258 on: January 22, 2016, 06:10:55 am »

idk maybe.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #23259 on: January 22, 2016, 07:54:47 am »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #23260 on: January 22, 2016, 08:15:20 am »

I've been meaning to play, but considering my timezone, I might not be awake for a scheduled event, depending on the hour.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23261 on: January 22, 2016, 10:39:42 am »

Uhhh feature freeze at tegee  :'(

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23262 on: January 22, 2016, 10:44:12 am »

goofchem is sort of shitty tbh

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23263 on: January 22, 2016, 02:52:01 pm »

I'd be down to test things, but I'm studying this weekend since my exams are next week.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23264 on: January 22, 2016, 03:35:29 pm »

goofchem is sort of shitty tbh
I was never a great fan of it.

It's got a few interesting chemicals to it, but ultimately, it's less robust.
Goof's main reason for implementing it in the first place was that trekchem wasn't very well balanced, but I wouldn't say Goofchem was ever any better balanced than trekchem was. The only thing it really achieved was killing off ghetto chemistry. (Adding more base ingredients meaning it's harder to mix outside of chemistry proper, chemicals that need heating, and adding patches that can't be dissolved in beakers.)

Not to mention that the addiction system it adds means you can't roleplay being addicted to a substance, as the mechanical addiction would kill your character much sooner than you could complete a simple interaction.
(It worked for /tg/, but it doesn't seem like it would work for Urist, imho.)
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."
Pages: 1 ... 1549 1550 [1551] 1552 1553 ... 1654