Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1547 1548 [1549] 1550 1551 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116805 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #23220 on: January 03, 2016, 12:04:27 pm »

Meanwhile, on the Code Front, the latest push against the 39th Error Army has successfully pushed them down to 12. The slight delay with the update might even somehow be resolved before HL3 is released.
/managermode
It should have been done yesterday! And why do you need computers to code anyways?! We spend too many resources on your department! Oh, by the way, the update needs to turn SS13 into a next gen MMO, do you think you can do that by Tuesday?
/managermode
:P

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #23221 on: January 03, 2016, 12:07:05 pm »

Meanwhile, on the Code Front, the latest push against the 39th Error Army has successfully pushed them down to 12. The slight delay with the update might even somehow be resolved before HL3 is released.
/managermode
It should have been done yesterday! And why do you need computers to code anyways?! We spend too many resources on your department! Oh, by the way, the update needs to turn SS13 into a next gen MMO, do you think you can do that by Tuesday?
/managermode
It was done yesterday :P

Oh, and I just made it compile. Me and Glloyd still have to do stuff (like fix the map, or go through stuff again to fix stuff that broke more covertly) before it's done, but a minor victory has been achieved.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23222 on: January 03, 2016, 12:39:18 pm »

/managermode
/managermode
It was done yesterday :P

Oh, and I just made it compile. Me and Glloyd still have to do stuff (like fix the map, or go through stuff again to fix stuff that broke more covertly) before it's done, but a minor victory has been achieved.

You fucking god.

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23223 on: January 03, 2016, 07:35:13 pm »

Think you can also include the map changes i proposed a while back too?  :P

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23224 on: January 10, 2016, 10:25:53 pm »

Well, it has been a while. First things first, I hope everyone's doing well, and the new year finds you in good health and good spirits.

That aside, it really has been a while, and in that time, Urist's popularity has faded away. The why of the issue is not important right now, the issues are multiple and much of the blame lies with me and the fact that I've been essentially AFK since early September.

But, behind the scenes things are changing. The code wizards federation has been hard at work, cooking up you folks a wonderful update. On top of that, I'm back, with internet access for the forseeable future, and I have a goal to get Urist going again. To that end, there's a number of things I'll be doing behind the scenes, but first things first we need to get the server updated and in a state that people want to play.

Urist's always been about trying different things, and I hope to keep that going throughout the next few months, adding new features and gamemodes that aren't like anything found in the SS13 community, along with new crazy events and changes driven by community input and feedback, as is my way.

So, now to get to the important question: when will this shit be ready for us to play? Soon enough, within the next few weeks. I'd like to say before February, but anyone who knows me knows I'm shit with dates, so I'm just going to steer away from setting one in stone until I know for sure.

Now to get to the other important question: what does the update entail? Well, there's a number of new fun little features I'm adding, along with some big ones (and old Urist diehards may have an idea of what that may entail, some people even had a chance to test it a year ago), and a new gamemode with another in a preliminary stage for you wonderful people to test out over the coming months. I'll elaborate more on these features later, consider this update the ringing bell on the gravestone to let you know that we're still alive.

For those of you who frequent this thread, I'll be doing some small dev updates every few days or so here to give you an idea of some of the features that are forthcoming, which I'll then repost on the steam group in one big glob as the update draws nearer. Both Scrdest and I are working through a number of issues pertaining to the Baystation merge, and once those are sorted through, it shouldn't be much longer until the update is live, and to celebrate, I've got some events in mind, some classic ones and perhaps a new one.

For now though, I wish you all the best. The server IS up if you want to play. Stay tuned for coming updates, I'll be sure to keep you all in the loop. Cheers!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 10:27:41 pm by Glloyd »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #23225 on: January 11, 2016, 12:35:01 am »

I've been meaning to play, but I haven't happened upon the server with someone else there. Solution? I need to try harder and check more often, and closer to prime time. Oh the woes of an European playing an an American server.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23226 on: January 11, 2016, 11:12:56 am »

oh btw ss14 is alive

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #23227 on: January 11, 2016, 03:21:11 pm »

oh btw ss14 is alive
So it seems. (It's just the original branch that is kill, someone forked it.)

Alpha will probably hit somewhere between Urist updating and HL3 being released, though, unless they really get down to it.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #23228 on: January 11, 2016, 04:10:58 pm »

If your making the jump to Baycode I am currently actually making a map for BayStation. I'll give more information about it later if anyone wants elaboration.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23229 on: January 11, 2016, 04:18:46 pm »

We've used Baycode for a while.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23230 on: January 11, 2016, 04:35:39 pm »

And by a while, its something like... Two years now?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23231 on: January 11, 2016, 04:38:23 pm »

And by a while, its something like... Two years now?

2 years this March. I always seem to do my most work on Urist Feb-June it seems.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23232 on: January 11, 2016, 11:34:13 pm »

I've been meaning to play, but I haven't happened upon the server with someone else there.

Same. I've only played like three times here, but I had fun two of those times[The other time, everyone else went braindead and didn't come back after ten minutes so I quit].
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #23233 on: January 18, 2016, 06:13:28 pm »

So I'm working on making a port of /tg/chem. It probably won't happen until after the update for fear of compatibility, and it'll take a lot of work and won't necessarily happen. However...If I *do* get it working and approved, would you guys like to see /tg/chem in the game? It'll naturally be modified pretty heavily, to work with a higher RP setting and with ZAS, but I think it'd be a fun addition.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23234 on: January 19, 2016, 10:10:05 am »

So I'm working on making a port of /tg/chem. It probably won't happen until after the update for fear of compatibility, and it'll take a lot of work and won't necessarily happen. However...If I *do* get it working and approved, would you guys like to see /tg/chem in the game? It'll naturally be modified pretty heavily, to work with a higher RP setting and with ZAS, but I think it'd be a fun addition.
What is /tg/ chem and how is it different to BayChem?
Pages: 1 ... 1547 1548 [1549] 1550 1551 ... 1654