Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1443 1444 [1445] 1446 1447 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124559 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #21660 on: March 26, 2015, 11:50:33 pm »

Glloyd, any news on when we test this awesome new gamemode? Just to get the hype train going, since hype brings in more players.

It'll go live whenever I get home, so either Saturday or Sunday. It's 90% ready, but it's on my computer at home so I can't push it to Git until I get back. There'll also likely be some sort of event on Sunday.

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21661 on: March 27, 2015, 03:59:45 am »

I don't necessarily agree that the singlo is easier to set up, If the pipes and pumps for the supermatter engine were preconfigured at round start and filled with gas all you would have to do for the supermatter is to fill the collectors with plasmahoron, fire the emitter and set the SMES. If we want to make the engine easier to start then all we would have to do is to edit the pipe portion of the supermatter engine to be ready to go. The biggest problem that I think players run into with the supermatter engine is that it requires a basic to moderate knowledge of the atmos system, something that I notice most players find daunting to learn. I didn't manage to gain an understanding of the atmos system until about six months ago and I have been playing spessmans since gooncode was the only code.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21662 on: March 27, 2015, 04:18:44 am »

* Aseaheru waves from his fortress of don't-really-know-how-it-works,-and-doesn't-care.

You want a singo? Simple! Setup the five solar arrays, haull the parts out of engineering storage, build a few bits of plating here and there, and volah, singo within the hour. Or jsut do what the aggravating people do and build one in cargo while draining power for it from the station (Wired to the solars, and wondering why its lacking power), and let it fire up without containment because !!REASONS!!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21663 on: March 27, 2015, 05:17:21 am »

* Aseaheru waves from his fortress of don't-really-know-how-it-works,-and-doesn't-care.

You want a singo? Simple! Setup the five solar arrays, haull the parts out of engineering storage, build a few bits of plating here and there, and volah, singo within the hour. Or jsut do what the aggravating people do and build one in cargo while draining power for it from the station (Wired to the solars, and wondering why its lacking power), and let it fire up without containment because !!REASONS!!

Hahahah, that reminds me, bay did something weird in their code that (likely unintentionally)made it so that the containment field cannot be maintained by the emitters. Reportedly even if you have one emitter for every containment field pillar that would still not be enough.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21664 on: March 27, 2015, 05:34:36 am »

you're not limited to one emitter per pillar.
you can put four emitters on the corners and three on the pillars in the center.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21665 on: March 27, 2015, 04:07:40 pm »

I dont understand how, unless you can have them under the shields.

Also, five people on right now, although atleast two are just boosting numbers. We need more warm bodies!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21666 on: March 27, 2015, 06:12:25 pm »

Server being rebooted to fix some database crap borking, be back... probably once Vac says so, couple of minutes.

E: AAaaand up.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 06:17:44 pm by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #21667 on: March 27, 2015, 06:17:51 pm »

Server is back up, and database is working correctly again.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21668 on: March 27, 2015, 06:18:45 pm »

Vactor, he who lurks in the walls.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #21669 on: March 27, 2015, 06:26:12 pm »

Walldude sees all.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21670 on: March 27, 2015, 07:46:52 pm »

It's a christmas miracle people. We managed to sacrifice the 17th chicken and the server gods have granted us a population of 25 PEOPLE GET ON NOW!

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21671 on: March 27, 2015, 10:36:55 pm »

B BORG was good detective. Found out that the Librarian could somehow EMP stuff, that he was working with an assistant named Renaldo, and that he was having a secret meeting with a chef not long before they disappeared.  There was no security during a cult round, so I decided I would idly investigate. I just happened upon the secret meeting by chance.  Then, a detective comes on and we almost immedietely find a dead chef, I think the other one, was somehow exploded apart by Renaldo, who was SSD by now. As the Detective is attempting to arrest Renaldo's body with the help of the AI, the Librarian tried forceconverting an engineer, which lead to many radio announcements. Yakkety sax ensued with the EMP cultist before I finally got him. My flash ran out of charge and he escaped right into the angry detective. He stole the detective's gun and was about to execute him when I arrived with more flashes charged up to save the day. He eventually ended up dying trying to escape the permabrig window after complaining a LOT that he had done nothing to deserve to be in there. Sorry Scrdest, but it was supposed to be temporary. Until leaving, or an ACTUAL officer arrived to handle you. Given how dangerous and openly hostile you were, we could NOT risk you escaping.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21672 on: March 28, 2015, 12:26:41 am »

Meanwhile AI lost the ability to give a fuck with anything.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21673 on: March 28, 2015, 05:43:13 am »

B BORG was good detective. Found out that the Librarian could somehow EMP stuff, that he was working with an assistant named Renaldo, and that he was having a secret meeting with a chef not long before they disappeared.  There was no security during a cult round, so I decided I would idly investigate. I just happened upon the secret meeting by chance.  Then, a detective comes on and we almost immedietely find a dead chef, I think the other one, was somehow exploded apart by Renaldo, who was SSD by now. As the Detective is attempting to arrest Renaldo's body with the help of the AI, the Librarian tried forceconverting an engineer, which lead to many radio announcements. Yakkety sax ensued with the EMP cultist before I finally got him. My flash ran out of charge and he escaped right into the angry detective. He stole the detective's gun and was about to execute him when I arrived with more flashes charged up to save the day. He eventually ended up dying trying to escape the permabrig window after complaining a LOT that he had done nothing to deserve to be in there. Sorry Scrdest, but it was supposed to be temporary. Until leaving, or an ACTUAL officer arrived to handle you. Given how dangerous and openly hostile you were, we could NOT risk you escaping.
I'm mostly pissed off you were playing, basically, HoS, as a MEDICAL BORG, ordering and deputizing a detective around and all.

Also, note that spamming flashes continuously is as much skirting the protection law as harmbatoning perps as secborg - it can permanently fuck one's eyesight up, though you *ARE* stopping a dangerous person - but as you have means to stop a crewmember and NOT harming them.

The chef was sacrificed, actually, by the three of us together, albeit it was a bit of a problem because the Bartender was not only a pubbie, but a first-time cult pubbie.

EDIT: Speaking of cult, AWW YISS.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 06:22:47 am by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Naverin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21674 on: March 28, 2015, 08:12:37 am »

I played a bit last night.  It was nice having a good crowd on the station.

That being said,  with low pops its very easy to assume multiple roles to try and make a fun round..  But once 10+ folks are playing it does kill the mood a bit when a HOS or Head takes on way too many roles just because someones not playing it currently.

with that.. I hope we can start seeing the 20+ crowds again like I remember months ago. It was nice!
Pages: 1 ... 1443 1444 [1445] 1446 1447 ... 1654