Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1442 1443 [1444] 1445 1446 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124548 times)

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #21645 on: March 24, 2015, 07:33:28 am »

Main server has been brought back up.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21646 on: March 25, 2015, 10:11:50 pm »

I may have accidentally crashed the server by repowering the station with the engine after it had been sitting idle for two hours without power.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21647 on: March 25, 2015, 10:28:03 pm »

Never seen a crash like that before without an explosion even. Odd. Even when Fallout went haywire on Saturday it didn't crash.  :P

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21648 on: March 26, 2015, 12:27:31 am »

funny enough it happened after I configured the SMES so something probably went funky with the SMES or the powernet.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #21649 on: March 26, 2015, 07:44:54 am »

Well, I know three of the SMESs have an absolutely ridiculous capacity, max input, and max output
Could that have had something to do with it?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21650 on: March 26, 2015, 07:48:10 am »

Powernets don't break because of high numbers, they break because powernets are coded awfully.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21651 on: March 26, 2015, 02:50:30 pm »

Server is up if anyone cares.

Naverin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21652 on: March 26, 2015, 03:17:43 pm »

I found direct wiring the 5 solar panel setups to the grid lets the station run 100% without the engine needing to even start so no risk of explosion and people can come and go as they please to a powered station.

takes all of 15 min to setup.  Just bypass the SMES's in the solar room and set to auto and done. 

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21653 on: March 26, 2015, 03:21:27 pm »

Huh. Good to know.

On a slightly related note, I finally know why the engine kept exploding when I tried to start it: The pressure valve connecting the pipes leaving the SM chamber and the gas coolers starts out closed. Thank you, whoever plays Stark, for telling me that.

Naverin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21654 on: March 26, 2015, 03:26:25 pm »

Huh. Good to know.

On a slightly related note, I finally know why the engine kept exploding when I tried to start it: The pressure valve connecting the pipes leaving the SM chamber and the gas coolers starts out closed. Thank you, whoever plays Stark, for telling me that.

Ha!  That was me last night.. Happy to help.  The engine can be a beast to get happy especially with it not configured very well for a clean startup at the round beginning

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21655 on: March 26, 2015, 05:31:18 pm »

Again, I still think we should just make the SM optional or just less ridiculous.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21656 on: March 26, 2015, 05:40:27 pm »

Again, I still think we should just make the SM optional or just less ridiculous.
Yeah, the thing with Engineering is think about stuff like Kitchen's dependency on Hydroponics or science's dependence on Chemist, then apply it to EVERY single person on the station and make the job extremely non-straightforward and cause a massive explosion if done wrong.

The singulo, at least, is fairly straightforward to set up - screw things in, don't screw things up, don't get hit by a laser, enjoy the power. But with the obscure and everchanging specs of the engine, the only thing a traitor Engineer has to do to trait hard is just do anything but his job for a while.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21657 on: March 26, 2015, 10:50:13 pm »

IF we're talking about traitors, the singulo gives loads more opportunities and is a lot more difficult to stop.  A traitor engineer or just a savvy tatortot could hop to the PA, hack it and put a signaller on the PA pulse wire and the lock out wire and basically have the station at their mercy since they could literally release the singulo at any time they want while engineers stare at the PA screen and cry as they are locked out. On an unrelated note:

Glloyd, any news on when we test this awesome new gamemode? Just to get the hype train going, since hype brings in more players.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21658 on: March 26, 2015, 11:05:29 pm »

On an unrelated note, Lmandude has been confirmed for being a ridiculously awesome Tator. I'll write up the specifics tomorrow; for now, sleep.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21659 on: March 26, 2015, 11:06:23 pm »

Lmandude's only weakness is a kick to the balls.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 1442 1443 [1444] 1445 1446 ... 1654