Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1416 1417 [1418] 1419 1420 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122630 times)

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #21255 on: February 08, 2015, 09:29:54 am »

A couple of questions that cropped up in a traitor round a while back (because I don't play antag very often):

1) I normally put my ID in my PDA and then my PDA in my ID slot.  If I want to hide my identity and appear as 'Unknown' for traitorous reasons, is it simply enough to take the PDA out of the ID slot e.g. put it in a hand or a pocket?

2) I remember you used to be able to take someone else's ID and steal their identity by reconfiguring your PDA to show as being theirs.  Currently it seems that even with their ID in your PDA and after clicking Update Details, the PDA still shows as being owned by your original identity.  Am I missing a trick?

3) In the Snowpiercer event (which I really enjoyed, but agree with some of the observations re: confinedness of the map and the lack of resources for the rebellion to get started with), I saw guards aiming guns at passengers as a threat, rather than just firing at them.  Interface-wise, how do you do this?  Every time I've had hold of a gun, clicking simply fires - I've no idea how to target/aim/threaten with them.

Every time I come back to this game I remember why I enjoy it so much.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21256 on: February 08, 2015, 10:06:07 am »

A couple of questions that cropped up in a traitor round a while back (because I don't play antag very often):

1) I normally put my ID in my PDA and then my PDA in my ID slot.  If I want to hide my identity and appear as 'Unknown' for traitorous reasons, is it simply enough to take the PDA out of the ID slot e.g. put it in a hand or a pocket?

2) I remember you used to be able to take someone else's ID and steal their identity by reconfiguring your PDA to show as being theirs.  Currently it seems that even with their ID in your PDA and after clicking Update Details, the PDA still shows as being owned by your original identity.  Am I missing a trick?

3) In the Snowpiercer event (which I really enjoyed, but agree with some of the observations re: confinedness of the map and the lack of resources for the rebellion to get started with), I saw guards aiming guns at passengers as a threat, rather than just firing at them.  Interface-wise, how do you do this?  Every time I've had hold of a gun, clicking simply fires - I've no idea how to target/aim/threaten with them.

Every time I come back to this game I remember why I enjoy it so much.

Respectively:

I believe that yes, it would suffice;

It only updates your job - I don't know if it's a bug or a feature;

There's a button on the lower right on the UI - if you click it, it toggles and you get a message 'You will now take people captive' and 'You will now shoot where you aim' if you press it again. They might have added some stuff that makes it intent-based, too, in an update, or not, not sure.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21257 on: February 08, 2015, 10:07:15 am »

There's a button on the lower right on the UI - if you click it, it toggles and you get a message 'You will now take people captive' and 'You will now shoot where you aim' if you press it again. They might have added some stuff that makes it intent-based, too, in an update, or not, not sure.

Oh THAT'S what that does!

Thanks, all really useful.  :)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21258 on: February 08, 2015, 10:10:39 am »

I checked - the intent-based targetting is not in our code yet, but it will since the next update. The way it works is, if you have a help intent and a gun in hand, clicking on a person will set them to targetting even if you have it off. Basically, it's cruise control for not accidentally shooting your co-workers in the face, and probably makes hostage-taking quicker and easier.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21259 on: February 08, 2015, 10:40:38 am »

I checked - the intent-based targetting is not in our code yet, but it will since the next update. The way it works is, if you have a help intent and a gun in hand, clicking on a person will set them to targetting even if you have it off. Basically, it's cruise control for not accidentally shooting your co-workers in the face, and probably makes hostage-taking quicker and easier.

Sounds nice, sorta like gun safeties on some guns in real life. And I enjoy not accidentally shooting people in the face or being shot in the face.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21260 on: February 08, 2015, 12:44:59 pm »

Sounds nice, sorta like gun safeties on some guns in real life. And I enjoy not accidentally shooting people in the face or being shot in the face.

Agreed.  I wish it would work with melee as well.  The number of times I've accidentally hit someone in the face with an object because I forgot I didn't have an empty hand selected...fine when it's a cardboard box, less fine when it's a pickaxe.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21261 on: February 08, 2015, 01:11:36 pm »

Agreed.  I wish it would work with melee as well.  The number of times I've accidentally hit someone in the face with an object because I forgot I didn't have an empty hand selected...fine when it's a cardboard box, less fine when it's a pickaxe.

The thread that was the basis for the idea mentioned that too, but they didn't implement it.

Knoxon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21262 on: February 08, 2015, 01:38:16 pm »

Well, I just had a very interesting round. Ended up being an assistant, despite me signing up as roboticist, but eh. I just screwed around for a bit. Crushed someone in the door to their office after a failed hacking attempt, so there was that. Then I decided to follow a construction bot around, into the maintenance tunnels. I lost the bot, and wandered around the tunnels begging for someone to come save me. This resulted in me stumbling across the construction bot again, and I followed them out into a room in the medbay.

About this time, someone (Not sure who they were, though IC first name was Maxwell) stumbled across me, and he was looking for someone who was "fucking with his shit". He decided this was probably me, and set about exacting revenge. Grabbing a buzzsaw, he pinned me down, aimed for the groin, and then Pendle was a eunuch. After convincing him that I wasn't who he was looking for, and the guy he was with managed to drag him off of me, I managed to run out of the medbay, stole the ID of someone who was asleep to get into the recovery room (Leaving it outside the door for them), and slept for a bit.

And then came the joking attempts to fix it, which amounted to forcefeeding me some pills that made me trip balls. Eventually the poor thrashing bound Pendle was saved by a newly arrived emergency physician. All told, an interesting round indeed.

And here I was thinking Urist station was somewhat heavy on the roleplay.

I have finally come to the conclusion that the server I frequent (Aurora station) enforces roleplay harder then Urist does.

Eh, I shouldn't be surprised, Urist is moderated by Bay12 after all.

Well, Urist isn't a heavy RP server, its a medium RP server. Of course we won't be enforcing roleplay harder than Aurora, they do heavy RP.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #21263 on: February 08, 2015, 03:08:10 pm »

Eveeeents! Get on!
Take a closer look at this text!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21264 on: February 08, 2015, 04:18:23 pm »

Urist McClown hits Urist McMime with their bike horn, lightly tapping their chest!

Like that?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21265 on: February 08, 2015, 05:43:33 pm »

My experience of heavy RP is barely getting any work done as chemist due to me having to wait for the doctors to fill in their stupid prescriptions, and my colleague lying on the chairs in the Medbay lounge crying and hating herself because she suffers from severe depression, while my Chief Medical Officer screams at me for animal cruelty and sic the security team on me because I kidnapped Pun Pun and sucked his blood through the IV drip into clonexadone to make synthmeats until Pun Pun is a dry husk.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

blazing glory

« Reply #21266 on: February 08, 2015, 06:45:31 pm »

because I kidnapped Pun Pun and sucked his blood through the IV drip into clonexadone to make synthmeats until Pun Pun is a dry husk.

People do that on Urist?

Wishing that the Urist server was located in Australia.

Knoxon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21267 on: February 08, 2015, 07:08:49 pm »

Server appears to have crashed.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21268 on: February 08, 2015, 07:09:29 pm »

Yup.  Fallout seems to be fallover.

Dack_Janiels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21269 on: February 08, 2015, 07:09:42 pm »

and once again the singularity goes unfinished
Pages: 1 ... 1416 1417 [1418] 1419 1420 ... 1654