Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1418 1419 [1420] 1421 1422 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122641 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #21285 on: February 09, 2015, 06:07:53 pm »

Blegh.

Sorry disappearing the past day or so on events.

Iiiv'e been having a bit of a burn out on ss13. I don't know why but I just feel like anything I'm trying to do with my character has been done. Along with the fact that I can't come up with a new one because character creation is a long process with me.

I'll probably still show up though. Just wanted to issue a public apology :P

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21286 on: February 10, 2015, 04:57:21 am »

So, I've noticed that something seems to be off with solars generally, and their not-tracking (or at least not-tracking-reliably).  Can anybody confirm that some/all of them aren't working?  I know there's one definitely that doesn't track at all, and at least some of the others seem a bit...touchy.
Yeah, I think auto-tracking is pretty much broke, I use manual tracking on all five, and it works properly.
The Fore Solar (which is already wired) is broke too, but cutting the wire under the SMES' terminal, then replacing it, fixes that.

Edit: Also, Glloyd, the northwest and eastmost solars have a wire under the SMES facing the wrong way, they go to the north when they should go to the south, as well as, on the east side, one segment of the panels themselves not being properly wired.  I'd put up an issue on Github, but for some reason it doesn't like to work for me.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 05:12:37 am by Vakothu »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #21287 on: February 12, 2015, 01:23:57 pm »

I think it's down again.
Take a closer look at this text!

Juncoph

• Bay Watcher
  • Here we have a ☼Juncoph leather backpack☼.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21288 on: February 12, 2015, 02:03:50 pm »

I think it's down again.

byond://server.kyengineer.com:56789 is still up, though obviously characters don't carry over so nyeh

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21289 on: February 12, 2015, 02:43:55 pm »

Ah, so solars are broken. I thought I was just incompetent, but they really can't track the sun for shit.
Good to know.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #21290 on: February 12, 2015, 03:21:28 pm »

I am currently hosting two copies of the server, the second is available at:

byond://24.240.44.164:59360
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Not good with names

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21291 on: February 12, 2015, 05:37:58 pm »

I've been meaning to mention this, but I think Autopsy scanner is slightly broken.  They seem to register injuries caused after death and they replace the real cause of death.  I noticed this during a vampire round earlier this week where a chef stole a dead mime's body and started stabbing it with a knife.  Instead of death by laser pistol and face-melting, the autopsy only showed being stabbed by a butcher's knife. 

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #21292 on: February 12, 2015, 05:46:23 pm »

I've been meaning to mention this, but I think Autopsy scanner is slightly broken.  They seem to register injuries caused after death and they replace the real cause of death.  I noticed this during a vampire round earlier this week where a chef stole a dead mime's body and started stabbing it with a knife.  Instead of death by laser pistol and face-melting, the autopsy only showed being stabbed by a butcher's knife.
You'd imagine stabbing a body a whole bunch of times with a butcher knife would mess up the results of an autopsy.
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21293 on: February 12, 2015, 05:49:07 pm »

You'd imagine stabbing a body a whole bunch of times with a butcher knife would mess up the results of an autopsy.
Well, you'd still think you could actually observe other injuries with a scanner- it showing as being charred and punctured as opposed to just punctured.
(i was the vamp mime)
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Not good with names

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21294 on: February 12, 2015, 06:04:40 pm »

I really enjoyed that round otherwise, besides the autopsy scanner.  I think by the time the round ended I had something like 30 photos, documents and interviews relating to the case in my red folder.  I'm more than a little disappointed that I didn't take you alive...  I was really looking forward to the mime interrogation.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21295 on: February 12, 2015, 07:00:36 pm »

I really enjoyed that round otherwise, besides the autopsy scanner.  I think by the time the round ended I had something like 30 photos, documents and interviews relating to the case in my red folder.  I'm more than a little disappointed that I didn't take you alive...  I was really looking forward to the mime interrogation.
Yeah, after like two kills, a vamp can't really be captured without killing it. They'll resist taser pain and break cuffs in 5 seconds.
I really should have cuffed you when I broke free, but my judgement was wrecked by he excitement of it all.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21296 on: February 12, 2015, 07:53:46 pm »

I'd imagine that an MMI would be useful in an interrogation of a dead criminal.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #21297 on: February 12, 2015, 08:09:59 pm »

Main server is back up.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #21298 on: February 13, 2015, 07:28:58 am »

So, I took a look through the early history of SS13 and found some interesting stuff. I did a big writeup of it here: http://www.reddit.com/r/SS13/comments/2vrcap/a_look_into_the_early_history_of_ss13/

It's all about pre Open SS13 stuff, mainly about the release, attempts to decompile the source and the period after Exadv1 left SS13.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21299 on: February 13, 2015, 10:32:48 am »

We've come a long way. If I ever wrote a book about SS13, I'd call it 'From Honk's To Hellfire.'
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 1418 1419 [1420] 1421 1422 ... 1654