Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1415 1416 [1417] 1418 1419 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122643 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #21240 on: February 07, 2015, 09:43:52 am »

Then on Sunday, I plan on holding events throughout the day.
Hooray, maybe I can finally play in an event while it's daytime in my timezone.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #21241 on: February 07, 2015, 05:51:39 pm »

As I said, I'll be holding an event tonight, it'll probably be 8 or 9 EST, so everyone get on the server and come play. I expect there to be a decent amount of people when I get home.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #21242 on: February 07, 2015, 06:26:36 pm »

Alrighty, I managed to get a second machine put together, however it has quite a bit less resources than the current server.  If you guys want to try giving it some abuse to see how it holds up it is up right now at: byond://24.240.44.164:59360

(the 2nd server is running a 2.0GHz processor, vs the main server's 3.9GHz)
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21243 on: February 07, 2015, 10:51:01 pm »

Snowpiercer is best piercer.  :D
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #21244 on: February 07, 2015, 11:22:02 pm »

I enjoyed the event. I expected to be taken hostage, instead of being engaged in a reasonable conversation, though.

I'm sorry the revolution didn't get a little farther along before being brutally put down. i hope yo uguys had some fun, in spite of the flaws.

eDIT: what did anyone think of how I played my role?

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21245 on: February 08, 2015, 12:11:24 am »

The event was okay but it needs to be tweeked to fit into a ss13ish version. It somewhat reminded me of Shuttle rounds with the tight confines except the train is larger then a shuttle but still small enough to where everyone is still packed together. With a dedicated map I feel that this could be really fun to do. Lower class needs something to do to pass the time other then waiting for the train sec to do something. Perhaps there could be some sort of middle ground where both sides can interact where most of the facilities are. bar and ghetto doctoring near the rear of the train and more high tech stuff near the front of the train like hydro or supplies, maybe even R&D or cloning. While I feel that it being inspired by the movie is great and all I feel that we don't have to necessarily follow it exactly and in fact if we modify it from the original inspiration for this event it could be really enjoyable.

tl;dr needs a dedicated map for this and teaks from the original material for it to fit into ss13 playstyle.

Also an additional note i did like how most of us were able to pick around the station for materials before being sent to the train. That way the security guards didn't really know exactly what all the greyshirts had. for instance beforehand I gathered a box of medical supplies and other assorted things like a flare, flashight, lighter and some smokes. Other people had other assorted gear ranging from tools like multitools, booze or cool hats. most of us dressed ourselves before getting teleported onto the train and weren't stripped of our gear and that is what i think made the round not completely awful, at lest for me. Next time it would be nice if you allowed people an X amount of time to scour the station for materials, food and supplies to bring aboard before being teleported to a loading area for guards to ICly check people's things before boarding. and maybe have some of the guards confiscate contraband/valuables
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:19:29 am by Liction »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21246 on: February 08, 2015, 01:31:05 am »

WE NEED TWO PEOPLE FOR VOX, PLEASE.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21247 on: February 08, 2015, 02:08:54 am »

The snow piercer round from what I could tell, didn't have any recourses the revolutionaries could at least cobble a few makeshift weapons out of.
Crack-a-lack-a

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21248 on: February 08, 2015, 02:29:29 am »

The snowpiercer round was mostly killed by disorganization between the admins/playerbase and a lack of planning.
For the 1st class, the event was over before it had begun.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #21249 on: February 08, 2015, 02:47:26 am »

That was my bad. It was kind of uncoordinated. I had to leave shortly after setting up to take my roommate to the hospital, so I couldn't help Knoxon do anything. I'll do what licton said and make a dedicated map for it, along with some code to make setup go as quick as the regular train setup. Maybe next weekend we can have a legit one? Possibly Friday, I'll get back to you on that. Also, yeah. I think adapting the universe to suit our needs is better than following it closely. That's what I normally do with things anyways.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #21250 on: February 08, 2015, 02:55:58 am »

Well, I just had a very interesting round. Ended up being an assistant, despite me signing up as roboticist, but eh. I just screwed around for a bit. Crushed someone in the door to their office after a failed hacking attempt, so there was that. Then I decided to follow a construction bot around, into the maintenance tunnels. I lost the bot, and wandered around the tunnels begging for someone to come save me. This resulted in me stumbling across the construction bot again, and I followed them out into a room in the medbay.

About this time, someone (Not sure who they were, though IC first name was Maxwell) stumbled across me, and he was looking for someone who was "fucking with his shit". He decided this was probably me, and set about exacting revenge. Grabbing a buzzsaw, he pinned me down, aimed for the groin, and then Pendle was a eunuch. After convincing him that I wasn't who he was looking for, and the guy he was with managed to drag him off of me, I managed to run out of the medbay, stole the ID of someone who was asleep to get into the recovery room (Leaving it outside the door for them), and slept for a bit.

And then came the joking attempts to fix it, which amounted to forcefeeding me some pills that made me trip balls. Eventually the poor thrashing bound Pendle was saved by a newly arrived emergency physician. All told, an interesting round indeed.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21251 on: February 08, 2015, 03:19:48 am »

Meanwhile in that round I was a ninja and fucked up the station due to lack of power.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

blazing glory

« Reply #21252 on: February 08, 2015, 03:29:22 am »

Well, I just had a very interesting round. Ended up being an assistant, despite me signing up as roboticist, but eh. I just screwed around for a bit. Crushed someone in the door to their office after a failed hacking attempt, so there was that. Then I decided to follow a construction bot around, into the maintenance tunnels. I lost the bot, and wandered around the tunnels begging for someone to come save me. This resulted in me stumbling across the construction bot again, and I followed them out into a room in the medbay.

About this time, someone (Not sure who they were, though IC first name was Maxwell) stumbled across me, and he was looking for someone who was "fucking with his shit". He decided this was probably me, and set about exacting revenge. Grabbing a buzzsaw, he pinned me down, aimed for the groin, and then Pendle was a eunuch. After convincing him that I wasn't who he was looking for, and the guy he was with managed to drag him off of me, I managed to run out of the medbay, stole the ID of someone who was asleep to get into the recovery room (Leaving it outside the door for them), and slept for a bit.

And then came the joking attempts to fix it, which amounted to forcefeeding me some pills that made me trip balls. Eventually the poor thrashing bound Pendle was saved by a newly arrived emergency physician. All told, an interesting round indeed.

And here I was thinking Urist station was somewhat heavy on the roleplay.

I have finally come to the conclusion that the server I frequent (Aurora station) enforces roleplay harder then Urist does.

Eh, I shouldn't be surprised, Urist is moderated by Bay12 after all.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21253 on: February 08, 2015, 04:04:54 am »

We try, but half the people we get these days wouldn't know hard roleplay if it popped up out of the ground at ate their ass.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21254 on: February 08, 2015, 05:44:30 am »

We try, but half the people we get these days wouldn't know hard roleplay if it popped up out of the ground at ate their ass.

Yeah, it's a major problem with being public - we got several very good players, some even became admins, but also an entire fuckton of idiots who, at best, go SSD before they even get to the station. It can be fixed with adminning, but that takes time and effort for each idiot that hops in.

Also, Urist is not heavy on roleplay - since day zero, it was conceived as middle - more hijinks-tolerant than BS12, but with more restrictions than /tg/ (at least back then, maybe it changed) or Goon.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 1415 1416 [1417] 1418 1419 ... 1654