Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1347 1348 [1349] 1350 1351 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121497 times)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #20220 on: November 01, 2014, 09:28:31 pm »

I can only say one thing.

'WE NEED A SLOGAN!'

Oh god, did I miss an LCS round?

Yes. And one without admins starting it.

Ah shit, that sound awesome. Wish I wasn't so bogged down with school right now.

Don't worry, right after that was a mutiny round. Also, hey the event is next week right!  :)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20221 on: November 01, 2014, 10:24:31 pm »

Apparently mutiny was awful but the extended after it was GLORIOUS. I wish I had saved my paperwork and transcripts. Comedic gold.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20222 on: November 01, 2014, 11:12:07 pm »

Apparently mutiny was awful but the extended after it was GLORIOUS. I wish I had saved my paperwork and transcripts. Comedic gold.
I am Space Governor now.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20223 on: November 01, 2014, 11:20:50 pm »

Worst Meido Derya could not figure out how to force access to the booze.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20224 on: November 02, 2014, 01:32:04 am »

>extended
>GLORIOUS

* Objective.exe has stopped working.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20225 on: November 02, 2014, 04:50:26 am »

>extended
>GLORIOUS

* Objective.exe has stopped working.

The Bay 12 community has failed its Objective.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #20226 on: November 02, 2014, 04:58:04 am »

*Schh*
Excuse me, but you have to admit that one was good.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #20227 on: November 02, 2014, 06:10:00 am »

Okay, interesting bug alert. The new code shatters perfectly, and works incredibly well. Scrdest, you might want to use it for your vamp, because it's much simpler. But the destruction occurs at the character's location, not the grenade's location. The flashbang effects do. Help please?

The check's centered on the mob because you use W/D in view. And the original code is mine, /vg/ has a proc for that and I didn't want to port yet another of their procs, no matter how nifty.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20228 on: November 02, 2014, 07:45:36 am »

Please use absolute paths. Do you guys have any code standards at all?

Absolute paths? Why absolute? I've always been told to use relative paths for a number of reasons. (though I'm so unfamiliar with BYOND coding that I'm not even sure what you're talking about in this code fragment :P)
Because if you see a proc called somewhere and you don't know what it is, it's infinitely easier to search for /proc() (which will probably give about five results) than it is to search for proc() (which may give a few hundred or even thousand results). And if you need the definition of the proc, you can just search for proc/proc(). Absolute paths also look much tidier.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20229 on: November 02, 2014, 12:30:53 pm »

Please use absolute paths. Do you guys have any code standards at all?

Absolute paths? Why absolute? I've always been told to use relative paths for a number of reasons. (though I'm so unfamiliar with BYOND coding that I'm not even sure what you're talking about in this code fragment :P)
Because if you see a proc called somewhere and you don't know what it is, it's infinitely easier to search for /proc() (which will probably give about five results) than it is to search for proc() (which may give a few hundred or even thousand results). And if you need the definition of the proc, you can just search for proc/proc(). Absolute paths also look much tidier.

Okay. I'm going to chalk this up to 'an oddity of BYOND'. Because this sounds like the sort of thing which would be very normal and expected in C++ or Java. Essentially, the relative path is calling it's parents or the nearest proc(), right? In most languages, that is something immediately identifiable. If it isn't in BYOND, then I see the problem.

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20230 on: November 02, 2014, 01:46:59 pm »

And then the server crashed, and we would never know if the mutineers or loyalists were in the right.

Dr.Narwhal

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Doctorate of Narwhalogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20231 on: November 02, 2014, 01:48:53 pm »

Had a decent mutiny round(I was the captain). The mutineers hadn't killed anyone and I had begun debating with them over the legitimacy of the directive. The HoS(Head mutineer) and me finally reached the conclusion that we would call the shuttle and let the directive(it was quite easy) be sorted out at centcom. The shuttle had finally arrived and we had only experienced two deaths(both suicides). Right before it departed the server crashed D:

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #20232 on: November 02, 2014, 01:56:48 pm »

-snip-
I was playing the subject of the mutiny. For me, the server crashed exactly 42 seconds (perfect timing!) before I could get to know the answer to life, universe and the victor of the round. Considering a compromise was technically reached, that was an open question.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Dr.Narwhal

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Doctorate of Narwhalogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20233 on: November 02, 2014, 01:58:14 pm »

-snip-
I was playing the subject of the mutiny. For me, the server crashed exactly 42 seconds (perfect timing!)
It was 43 secs for me. Right after I reported that annoying mec. Vlad is probably my best character. I've never had a bad round with him. Although my only other round that I played him was 3 hours

Naverin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20234 on: November 02, 2014, 03:41:41 pm »

Sever down again? I cant connect
Pages: 1 ... 1347 1348 [1349] 1350 1351 ... 1654