Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1344 1345 [1346] 1347 1348 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121698 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #20175 on: October 31, 2014, 02:21:55 pm »

You can still radiate heat into space in Bay. My point was that space isn't cold, and you'd have better success just running it through a third freezer.

In other news, we're postponing the event to next Saturday at the same time, because a bunch of stuff came up IRL.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20176 on: October 31, 2014, 02:26:49 pm »

DAMN
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20177 on: October 31, 2014, 02:33:32 pm »

Just have an overflow valve that routes the superfluous gas into space or the distro loop.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20178 on: October 31, 2014, 02:34:07 pm »

I'm fine with next Saturday. Day after halloween's gonna be hectic anyways
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #20179 on: October 31, 2014, 02:37:08 pm »

In other news, we're postponing the event to next Saturday at the same time, because a bunch of stuff came up IRL.
Oh well. If you're rescheduling it anyway, could you consider changing the hour as well? Where I live it would begin at 2 AM. No offense taken if you refuse, I will come even if it means playing at night.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20180 on: October 31, 2014, 03:12:14 pm »

One thing Id like to try adding is on the cooling line setup radiators out in space to the right of the engine room to passive cool the cooling loop.  That could alleviate alot of overheat/bad setups

Only thing is that space isn't cold.

For the people wondering what he means: space has a very, VERY low temperature. However, due to the lack of a medium to carry away heat quickly, you can only cool down by way of radiating heat, a rather slow process. So a human jumping into a lake with a low watertemperature will cool down more quickly than he would in space (because the cold water around him can carry away heat very fast), even though the water has a higher temperature than space.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20181 on: October 31, 2014, 03:48:01 pm »

On the topic of heat, Bay fires are so hilariously destructive.  A fire in the holodeck managed to radiate enough heat to roast people in escape, same thing with that mutiny round where a napalm grenade killed half the crew.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #20182 on: October 31, 2014, 04:24:47 pm »

One thing Id like to try adding is on the cooling line setup radiators out in space to the right of the engine room to passive cool the cooling loop.  That could alleviate alot of overheat/bad setups

For the people wondering what he means: space has a very, VERY low temperature. However, due to the lack of a medium to carry away heat quickly, you can only cool down by way of radiating heat, a rather slow process. So a human jumping into a lake with a low watertemperature will cool down more quickly than he would in space (because the cold water around him can carry away heat very fast), even though the water has a higher temperature than space.

Spoiler: Lecture mode: on: (click to show/hide)
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20183 on: October 31, 2014, 04:32:28 pm »

I wonder how long it will take BS12 to make the space station look more like a real space station, considering their obsession with realism, even if it gets in the way of fun.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20184 on: October 31, 2014, 04:43:28 pm »

From what I gathered, BayStation 12 is only related to Bay 12 in name, and nothing else. Well, maybe the fact that it also uses "Urist McTrait" as an example guy in anecdotes.

Sad, really.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20185 on: October 31, 2014, 04:47:13 pm »

Name and history, yes. IIRC we burned through several SS13 threads before this one started.
And Urist McTrait is also common in tgstation.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20186 on: October 31, 2014, 04:50:54 pm »

Spoiler: Lecture mode: on: (click to show/hide)

Was that aimed at me? Or just a comment in general? Because my explanation was deliberately simplistic.

By the way, even in vacuum you have cosmic background radiation, so your thermometer will still give you a reading, like 2-3 Kelvin or so. And when one says 'space' that includes the various dispersed molecules, which indeed have a temperature. Perfect vacuum doesn't really exist, as as as I know. So I think you can say it still has a temperature, if you treat it as an incredibly dispersed gas.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 04:52:25 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #20187 on: October 31, 2014, 05:26:43 pm »

So github apparently made my contribution log 2spooky for Halloween:

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20188 on: October 31, 2014, 05:28:47 pm »

I admire your contribution streak. I guess that I DO hang out in coderbus usually and help people, though.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20189 on: October 31, 2014, 05:53:11 pm »

Speaking of coding, I might try my hand at that. Where do you guys suggest I should start?
I saw the wiki had some pages regarding coding, I'll look up those.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.
Pages: 1 ... 1344 1345 [1346] 1347 1348 ... 1654