Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1343 1344 [1345] 1346 1347 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121701 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #20160 on: October 31, 2014, 10:52:22 am »

Wow that's sexy. Want.

Glloyd please put these on the map.

+>9000

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20161 on: October 31, 2014, 10:55:39 am »

Are those just the normal suit or the cold ones?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20162 on: October 31, 2014, 10:57:29 am »

A better question, why can you see the goat through the wall in that picture?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20163 on: October 31, 2014, 11:00:48 am »

A better question, why can you see the goat through the wall in that picture?
Thermal goggles, probably.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20164 on: October 31, 2014, 11:01:51 am »

Ohhh, is that how you get species specific hardsuits. I'll have to remember later, when I've got poor alien eng running around in standard suits because all we've got are human suits in eng.

Knoxon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20165 on: October 31, 2014, 11:40:27 am »

Are those just the normal suit or the cold ones?
All normal, cold hardsuits can't be modified.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20166 on: October 31, 2014, 11:42:16 am »

How would that be fun?

Calamity just seems like a deathmatch from what Koss has told me.

Eh. Maybe I don't get the humor involved in the round.

Not necessarily. It seems like it picks an antagonist option, but mega. The one Calamity I played, I was the HoS Changeling and there were FIVE of us. And thirty crew. Only changelings boarded the shuttle, and I didn't kill anyone. (I ate a couple corpses though, because Vulture-ling is best.)
That was hilarious. Another Calamity round a few days ago had five ninjas and a traitor, I think.

Naverin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20167 on: October 31, 2014, 12:57:50 pm »

I figured out why the supermatter engine never seems to filter out the phoron in the chamber. That blue square used to be a four way pipe which is not ideal because that makes half of the gas output go right back into the engine. I am not sure if this is intentional or not but I feel that it shouldn't be. The pipe in that square should be changed to be two perpendicular pipes, as shown by the yellow and green arrows, rather then the four way pipe that is there currently.

I was also experimenting with hooking up the atmos system to the engine. The orange line is the distro air which goes into a gas filter. The red line is where the nitrogen is filtered out and is ran through a pressure regular valve and into the engine input pipe, ensuring the engine is fed at a constant rate. The purple arrow is another regulator valve that for overflow in case there is too much pressure or you need to depressurize the pipes to do some modifications. I got this idea from remembering the fact that the station air mix is 30% oxygen and 70% nitrogen and would be very trivial to filter out the nitrogen to feed into he engine. It could even be an emergency cooling system in case the core is about to go critical and is trivial to set up if you properly pressurize the air distro.

I feel like the 4 way is there because the filters get clogged/backed up and cause a pressure build up and not enough gas gets back to the coolers and into the engine.

Tho I do like what your doing there! I'm going to have to experiment with this!

Tested this out today.  The setup is bound to fail eventually.  the chokepoints.  Waste handling.  Eventually the waste line just gets full and the atmos setup cannot filter and restore all the air your dumping back into it.

That being said.  Its pretty freaking fun fiddling with the setup.

One thing Id like to try adding is on the cooling line setup radiators out in space to the right of the engine room to passive cool the cooling loop.  That could alleviate alot of overheat/bad setups

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #20168 on: October 31, 2014, 01:03:38 pm »

One thing Id like to try adding is on the cooling line setup radiators out in space to the right of the engine room to passive cool the cooling loop.  That could alleviate alot of overheat/bad setups

Only thing is that space isn't cold.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20169 on: October 31, 2014, 01:09:59 pm »

except you can radiate heat into space how do you think our entire space fleet hasn't turned into molten balls of slag yet

bay in its quest for realism managed to fuck shit up pretty hard

Naverin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20170 on: October 31, 2014, 01:10:37 pm »

Hmm whats the deal with the engine waste setup then?  2 canisters hooked up to 2 heat exchangers to a space loop that cools the gasses down

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #20171 on: October 31, 2014, 01:15:04 pm »

Hmm whats the deal with the engine waste setup then?  2 canisters hooked up to 2 heat exchangers to a space loop that cools the gasses down

except you can radiate heat into space how do you think our entire space fleet hasn't turned into molten balls of slag yet

bay in its quest for realism managed to fuck shit up pretty hard

You can still radiate heat into space in Bay. My point was that space isn't cold, and you'd have better success just running it through a third freezer.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20172 on: October 31, 2014, 01:15:19 pm »

Radiators don't need to be in something cold. They don't have to be in anything.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20173 on: October 31, 2014, 02:15:14 pm »

also, space IS cold, if you aren't within sight of a nearby star. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to radiate away more energy than you get from the environment. Of course, space is also empty so conductive and convective heat exchange don't work.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20174 on: October 31, 2014, 02:20:08 pm »

I think his point was Bay coded out space being cold, IIRC, and thus running pipes through space did nothing to the gases inside.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis
Pages: 1 ... 1343 1344 [1345] 1346 1347 ... 1654