Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1310 1311 [1312] 1313 1314 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117848 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #19665 on: October 19, 2014, 01:31:08 am »

Yet more reason not to play engy for me. This bloody station is just not worth saving.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #19666 on: October 19, 2014, 01:40:21 am »

Nanotrasen Naval Department: Afteraction report

I write this with the utmost contempt for the department of Finance. Those money grubbing bastards always ruin everything. That idiot that they sent to take care of the station went mad with power and ordered the crew to be executed. As the naval officer assigned to the sector, it was my job to stop this madman and his coup. I, along with three commandos, took the Icarus to the station to take the bastards out. But they refused to call off their strike team, and fought us to the death. The station was burning down, and the deathsquad were roaming the hallways killing indiscriminately, so I took the only reasonable course of action and nuked the station.

Luckily, I managed to escape, and was picked up by a friendly trader. I am requesting more ships. We must hunt that Xavier bastard down, Nanotrasen will not be safe until he is exterminated.

Off notes: Also, the Icarus was lost. Blame Xavier. Oh, and I put down a mutiny while I was onstation. Just doing my job, unlike that Xavier bastard.

Respectfully,

Colonel Autumn

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19667 on: October 19, 2014, 01:43:02 am »

Nanotrasen Department of Truth

Everyone is shooting everyone outside our windows in space. Why the fuck are Finance and the Navy shooting eachother? WHY DO WE ALWAYS HAVE TO BE THE SANE ONES? And since when did Finance get navy ships? I mean seriously, they're money grubbing cheapstakes. How did they manage to buy ships?
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19668 on: October 19, 2014, 01:43:33 am »

So which of you two asshats got me killed?

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19669 on: October 19, 2014, 01:44:01 am »

Both.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19670 on: October 19, 2014, 01:44:54 am »

Crossfire eh.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19671 on: October 19, 2014, 01:49:29 am »

I tend to get a bit too cautious as traitor AI on assassination, then end up making all the preparations void.

Like this one time I had to assassinate the QM, so I get a security borg to stalk her around, but the HoS kept following her around and helping out so I end up having to keep watch for weaknesses.

Then the shuttle got called and I just went "Fuck it, borg, kill the QM and HoS" and tried (and failed) to turn off Telecomms. Then I acted like my laws were changed earlier and then accused someone for onehumanning me.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #19672 on: October 19, 2014, 01:59:58 am »

Crossfire eh.

Most likely. At one point the fore hallway was full of rockets and pulse beams with dsquid firing at naval commandoes. If you were in that hallway, you probably died.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19673 on: October 19, 2014, 05:11:25 am »

Re: Extended.

<span class='rant'>Extended is, by its very nature, the baseline for all modes. The *entire point* of making Traitor in the first place was regulating who gets to incite conflict and who doesn't. You could strip away all the uplink items and it would still work as intended. The point is to prevent half the crew deciding they have a valid reason to stir shit up.

By your very own admission Corai, the only reason it wasn't boring was that shit happened, and it's the kind of shit that would get people banned for griefing in any. Other. Mode.

Mutiny? *YOINK* 'You are not a rev, stop acting like one' *BANHAMMER*. Drug war? *YOINK* 'YER HERTING PPLZ STAPH' *BANHAMMER*. Plasma fire? 'GRIFF, BAN HE!'.

If Extended is going to be a 'let conflict arise organically' mode, I am completely fine with it being Extended every other round.

That's what objectiveless Traitor is *supposed* to be, but the pressure for the antag to antag and for everyone else to be NanoTrasen Model Citizen #23648, plus the good ol' Shit Happens Factor makes it harder for it to be good.

But then the people who want a calm round will not be happy.

And if it *is* supposed to be a calm round like it's... well, not to repeat myself, let's say 'designed to be', then yes, it will be boring. Because 'do your job for X hours until enough people get bored and vote for crew transfer' is both something I do 90% of the time in SS13 anyway and something accomplished in a much more satisfying way by other games.

</rant></walloftext>
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19674 on: October 19, 2014, 05:17:00 am »

Mutiny? *YOINK* 'You are not a rev, stop acting like one' *BANHAMMER*. Drug war? *YOINK* 'YER HERTING PPLZ STAPH' *BANHAMMER*. Plasma Phoron fire? 'GRIFF, BAN HE!'.

Can happen in any round. Can happen in any round. Still going to be banned for.

If Extended is going to be a 'let conflict arise organically' mode, I am completely fine with it being Extended every other round.

Its not going to be anything but what people make it become. Grief will be banned. The only reason i'm more 'lax' about it is because people have this weird idea they're not supposed to be doing these perfectly fine things outside extended. Nothing in these extended rounds everyone is going on about is limited to extended. People just get the time to do them because they're not worrying about a parapen out of nowhere or dealing with revolver wounds, or they think its 'acceptable grief' in extended when it isn't even grief.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19675 on: October 19, 2014, 05:30:24 am »

Parapen? Really? It's been a zillion forevers since I've seen them used since objectiveless antags were in. And I find the line between 'acceptable' and 'non-acceptable' rather confusing, since I got my SS13 start at BS12, and all those would be equally unacceptable there. Clarify pls?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19676 on: October 19, 2014, 05:33:54 am »

It was an example. And there is no line. People have the idea that mutinies period are banned, but they aren't. If that captain is drafting everyone into mining, tear him off his throne if you'd like. It'd be fun! Same for drug rings and generally breaking the law. Short of assassinations, bombing and releasing singularities and other such station ending events, everything is acceptable if you have a reason. Even the things I listed just now are fine if you ahelp a good reason for it. Extended seems to just lift these ideas off and let people 'grief' in peace.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 05:36:25 am by Aedel »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19677 on: October 19, 2014, 05:44:39 am »

It was an example. And there is no line. People have the idea that mutinies period are banned, but they aren't. If that captain is drafting everyone into mining, tear him off his throne if you'd like. It'd be fun! Same for drug rings and generally breaking the law. Short of assassinations, bombing and releasing singularities and other such station ending events, everything is acceptable if you have a reason. Even the things I listed just now are fine if you ahelp a good reason for it. Extended seems to just lift these ideas off and let people 'grief' in peace.

'Generally breaking the law' seems to, almost word for word, be an example of what our rules appendix calls 'greytiding'. When the rules aren't clear on what you're allowed to do, and a mistake can mean a ban, people will err on the side of caution if they want to keep playing here.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19678 on: October 19, 2014, 05:48:15 am »

Breaking the law =/= greytiding. Greytiding is actively making yourself a pain in the ass for the station by looting everything, trying to get people lynched or fired, or just flat out dismantling shit. There's a thick line between a greytide and a group of criminals and most people can tell where that line is in my experience.

edit beep boop

Or the classic "loot every valuable item." But that does blur the line a bit, but I don't recall any events were we don't just ask the person in question not to do that without a reason and they usually supply a reason.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 05:50:13 am by Aedel »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19679 on: October 19, 2014, 06:12:19 am »

OK then, so you could, for example, run The Grey Mob, and do, say, a vault heist, as long as it's an RP thing?
Pages: 1 ... 1310 1311 [1312] 1313 1314 ... 1654