Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1230 1231 [1232] 1233 1234 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124352 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #18465 on: August 22, 2014, 03:25:40 pm »

Yeah, the one tile is an area derp, but the problem with the toxin airlocks is that the vent, the doors, the sensor, and the control are not on the same frequency.  If I remember correctly, the vent is on frequency 0, the doors on 1449 (or something similar) and the control and sensor on the default.

Copypasting from BS12: Not Even Once

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18466 on: August 22, 2014, 03:30:28 pm »

you guys know misc research on bay?

it was in space for ~2 months

nobody bothered putting an area on the damn thing until zuhayr came around (praise the drones)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #18467 on: August 22, 2014, 03:49:35 pm »

nobody bothered putting an area on the damn thing until zuhayr came around (praise the drones)

BS12 has the worst mappers. Or had, it's getting a bit better now. Part of space was considered security for 2 years, they fixed it a few weeks ago. There's still so much shit wrong with it though, like there being multiple normal platings in space, where they should be airless. That's been around since they merged with /tg/ and it'll likely never be fixed.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18468 on: August 22, 2014, 03:56:53 pm »

I feel like a basic workable SS13 wouldn't be hard to make, but all the fiddly details would be a pain in the ass.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #18469 on: August 22, 2014, 03:58:27 pm »

SS13 is basically held together by spit and duct tape references.

Pretty much. Even the code has references.

Code: [Select]
var/datum/gas_mixture/conn_air = zturf_conn.zone.air //TODO: pop culture reference
But yeah, Tom, the owner of BYOND once said "Wow, that's insane. It's a fucking miracle that even compiles at all." regarding SS13, when the goons released their code.

Also, looking through the code today I found this. Considering today is August 22nd, 2014, I had a pretty good laugh about it.

Code: [Select]
/*
 * Library Computer
 */
// TODO: Make this an actual /obj/machinery/computer that can be crafted from circuit boards and such
// It is August 22nd, 2012... This TODO has already been here for months.. I wonder how long it'll last before someone does something about it.
/obj/machinery/librarycomp

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18470 on: August 22, 2014, 04:13:46 pm »

That's the sort of comment that always makes me smile. And then cry for the next hour when I realize I probably have to fix whatever that comment is attached to.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18471 on: August 22, 2014, 04:15:44 pm »

And, on /tg/, the arm_ok variable - if I recall it was you who made Miauw put it in. And if TvTropes is to be believed, it's actually a nested reference, since the god's name is from the variable.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18472 on: August 22, 2014, 04:28:24 pm »

Speaking of things in space, there's a Space APC next to science maintenance for some reason. There's a comfy chair, a cabinet, a security camera, and a wooden tile floor next to said APC for some reason. And the APC causes an alarm to go off every round.
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18473 on: August 22, 2014, 04:34:28 pm »

Speaking of things in space, there's a Space APC next to science maintenance for some reason. There's a comfy chair, a cabinet, a security camera, and a wooden tile floor next to said APC for some reason. And the APC causes an alarm to go off every round.

Oh yeah, the surfing board.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #18474 on: August 22, 2014, 04:55:16 pm »

That was removed the last time Vactor updated.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18475 on: August 22, 2014, 06:55:05 pm »

And, on /tg/, the arm_ok variable - if I recall it was you who made Miauw put it in. And if TvTropes is to be believed, it's actually a nested reference, since the god's name is from the variable.
Dragslay GOTY every year.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18476 on: August 22, 2014, 08:48:58 pm »

BS12 has the worst mappers. Or had, it's getting a bit better now. Part of space was considered security for 2 years, they fixed it a few weeks ago. There's still so much shit wrong with it though, like there being multiple normal platings in space, where they should be airless. That's been around since they merged with /tg/ and it'll likely never be fixed.
Oh yes. BS12's mapping ethic is horrible. I dunno how many "real" mappers they have, but there's a bunch of issues that were around for a long time that somehow went unfixed. It's apparently a common thing to find doubles of of cables or pipes or airlocks. I won't say I'm a good mapper, but I at least double-check the things I place once or twice. :P

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18477 on: August 22, 2014, 09:11:48 pm »

Jayzus, Im a better mapper than that, and I cab barely map...
Or spell.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18478 on: August 23, 2014, 01:43:32 am »

I have decided I do not like malf :l

Didn't know you had to restart to use malf verbs that you buy.
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18479 on: August 23, 2014, 01:45:24 am »

considering we get ai traitors now, it's basically traitor+

but everyone knows who the traitor is

so it's traitor-

give the ai malf verbs when it traitors, and scrap malf altogether? dunno
Pages: 1 ... 1230 1231 [1232] 1233 1234 ... 1654