Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1231 1232 [1233] 1234 1235 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124300 times)

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #18480 on: August 23, 2014, 01:59:57 am »

Whaaa? Speaking as a frequently malfunctioning AI, malf AI is fun.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18481 on: August 23, 2014, 02:02:38 am »

you'd still get more-or-less malf, except it wouldn't shout "HEY GUYS IT'S MALF" when the round begins

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18482 on: August 23, 2014, 02:47:14 am »

Eh, the fact that everyone knows it's malf hasn't stopped me from winning every single time. And I'm not even a murderboner.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18483 on: August 23, 2014, 02:50:13 am »

Eh, the fact that everyone knows it's malf hasn't stopped me from winning every single time. And I'm not even a murderboner.

Might be that everyone except for fecalmasters tries not to meta so hard you're given a head start.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18484 on: August 23, 2014, 03:01:37 am »

SS13 is basically held together by spit and duct tape references.

Pretty much. Even the code has references.

Code: [Select]
var/datum/gas_mixture/conn_air = zturf_conn.zone.air //TODO: pop culture reference
But yeah, Tom, the owner of BYOND once said "Wow, that's insane. It's a fucking miracle that even compiles at all." regarding SS13, when the goons released their code.

Also, looking through the code today I found this. Considering today is August 22nd, 2014, I had a pretty good laugh about it.

Code: [Select]
/*
 * Library Computer
 */
// TODO: Make this an actual /obj/machinery/computer that can be crafted from circuit boards and such
// It is August 22nd, 2012... This TODO has already been here for months.. I wonder how long it'll last before someone does something about it.
/obj/machinery/librarycomp
I saw that comment too.

And yesterday was a very special day.
(hint: tgstation 4 year anniversary)

Also, Ikarrus (who basically made all of box and maintains it every now and then) is the dude who made cp_coldfront, so yeah :P
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 03:04:35 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18485 on: August 23, 2014, 04:50:05 am »

Oh yes. BS12's mapping ethic is horrible. I dunno how many "real" mappers they have, but there's a bunch of issues that were around for a long time that somehow went unfixed. It's apparently a common thing to find doubles of of cables or pipes or airlocks. I won't say I'm a good mapper, but I at least double-check the things I place once or twice. :P
It's apparently a common thing to find doubles of of cables or pipes or airlocks. I won't say I'm a good mapper, but I at least double-check the things I place once or twice. :P
I at least double-check the things I place once or twice. :P
Sure you do.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18486 on: August 23, 2014, 07:19:04 am »

had an idea

basically, we grab the current uristmc code, slap it onto a locked up svn, give whoever's interested access codes and make a new map, letting everybody edit everything they want granted they write what they do in a changelog

then we grab the best versions of areas (how the hell this would be decided is a mystery to all) and paste them onto the "end result" map thing which is afterwards released

this is not to say i want giloyd dumped, it should be fun to make provided we don't end up with dicks overwriting everything just because

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18487 on: August 23, 2014, 07:25:14 am »

ew, svn.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18488 on: August 23, 2014, 07:37:11 am »

constructive/10

what else then

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #18489 on: August 23, 2014, 10:37:54 am »

constructive/10

what else then

I like the idea, but it'd be a hell of a lot easier to just set up separate branch on the main git repo for it.

That way it'll be a lot easier to keep it updated to the main repo.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18490 on: August 23, 2014, 10:39:08 am »

Well, doing that wont work well, since the sises would probably be different...

Howabout the station is comprised out of smaller ones, everyone tries to make their version of each one, best gets chosen and someone connects them somehow?

Yes, I know it sounds similar, but its almost not.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18491 on: August 23, 2014, 07:31:45 pm »

I had an amusing round with people and the ai.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Arcani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I write books!
« Reply #18492 on: August 23, 2014, 11:19:30 pm »

I had an amusing round with people and the ai.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am the worst traitor in the history of the Syndicate.  It's actually quite depressing.

Things I learned that round:

-C4 on a phoron tank doesn't do anything. 
-A thermite/phoron grenade sounds good in theory.  However, when assembled by
me, it results in a very nonlethal expulsion of gas rather than an explosion.  Still don't know how.
-Space lube doesn't work when you splash it out of a bottle.
-An e-sword versus and unarmed mime isn't as clear-cut a fight as I previously thought.

I managed to fail in everything that round.

Lux Arcana
Bucket of Love, the Love Bucket

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #18493 on: August 23, 2014, 11:28:52 pm »

At least you tried. 'Tis a learning experience. Remember when you set the medbay foyer on fire? As it turned out, the RD had just a moment ago sprayed phoron out of a spray bottle "to see what it does". Then, suddenly, Lux comes in smoking, !!FOOM!!. Those 'NO SMOKING' signs are there for a reason.

By the way, space lube does work when splashed. It just only affects that single square, and for a limited time.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18494 on: August 24, 2014, 02:33:24 am »

I am the worst traitor in the history of the Syndicate.  It's actually quite depressing.

Things I learned that round:

-C4 on a phoron tank doesn't do anything. 
-A thermite/phoron grenade sounds good in theory.  However, when assembled by
me, it results in a very nonlethal expulsion of gas rather than an explosion.  Still don't know how.
-Space lube doesn't work when you splash it out of a bottle.
-An e-sword versus and unarmed mime isn't as clear-cut a fight as I previously thought.

I managed to fail in everything that round.

I can probably explain why some of these didn't work or what went wrong with them.

C4 actually deletes the object it is attached to. You used to even be able to destroy the nuke during nuke ops this way too.

Termite is strictly for burning through walls in baycode and require to be splashed on a wall and weldered to even work. Phoron on the other hand, in grenades seem to not do much in baycode but in tgcode phoron/plasma mixed with a smoke reaction can flood entire rooms with plasma. This effect doesn't seem to work in baycode unfortunately, probably due to how they changed smoke reactions to require an equal amount of the chemical you want the smoke to be.

Space lube when splashed doesn't spread out like welding fuel would. Actually, the spreading out effect of welding fuel is just a snowflake property of welding fuel baycode seems to have added in. All chemicals splashed on the ground weather it is water, acid or lube only splashes on a single tile. If you want to spread chemicals over multiple tiles you will need to fill a grenade with the chemical you want to spread and set that off.

Its not a matter if you have all the guns or all the weapons in robust combat, if you are next to who you are trying to fight they can and sometimes will get lucky and robust your head in. Everyone is dangerous and everyone can kill you. Disarm can turn any situation from a sure win to you getting dunked hard.
Pages: 1 ... 1231 1232 [1233] 1234 1235 ... 1654