Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1068 1069 [1070] 1071 1072 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118849 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #16035 on: April 18, 2014, 08:47:54 pm »

Do we use the new, deconvertible, cult yet?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16036 on: April 18, 2014, 08:50:16 pm »

No, we are not using Malk's sacrifice cult and I will murder Glloyd if he says he is gonna. It's pretty good but no thank you our pop isn't good enough.

Baycult can be deconverted via null rod, though.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16037 on: April 18, 2014, 08:50:50 pm »

Cultist and revolution rounds are always hell for security anyways, since there is a fine line between metagame and staying alive. Also, on Bay it seems the null rod is no longer a robust pocket weapon unless I'm using it wrong.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16038 on: April 18, 2014, 08:56:37 pm »

For some reason I really dislike the idea of loyalty implants because of the huge amount of disconnect between reality and expectation. Simply put, they don't actually really. Work? They might stop traitors or whatever. But since the worst people in a round are typically not traitors anyway and are totally unaffected by their implant status... It doesn't make sense to me that they can somehow filter out bad behaviors caused by the joining of a specific group, but not the exact same behaviors or worse caused by the person just being a shit head.

Does anyone else sorta know what I mean? Maybe I'm just looking at them the wrong way and would be better off thinking of them as monitor implants or something.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16039 on: April 18, 2014, 08:58:29 pm »

People that get implanted and keep doing awful stuff like you describe are people that are ignoring their implants.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16040 on: April 19, 2014, 03:00:27 am »

Quote from: Aseaheru link=topic=123140.msg5193616#msg5193616 date=1397767103
[quote author=miauw62 link=topic=123140.msg5191898#msg5191898 date=1397719025
Isn't specifically avoiding killing people and specifically looking for ways to let people back into the round as a traitor, both things you seem to go on about a awful lot, metagaming?
Not really. Besides, I bileve trators cant "officially" metagame when it comes to there job as trators.
Now, if it was joe the assistant going and knowing that a ling was (something that even the RD doesnt know much about) THAT is metagaming, and what is seen on /TG/
Knowing about antags isn't metagaming, it's playstyle, and Basil has a different playstyle.
Depends on the job. For instance, the syndicate is pretty unknows to everyone (except heads, security). Ninjas and wizards are a head-only piece of knowledge. Lings are RD/ Cap only knowledge, and then they know just about them existing, and thats all. The cult is a chaplain ONLY piece of knowledge.
[/quote]
Nope. Saying that the playstyle of other servers makes them morons makes you the moron.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16041 on: April 19, 2014, 03:29:33 am »

Isn't specifically avoiding killing people and specifically looking for ways to let people back into the round as a traitor, both things you seem to go on about a awful lot, metagaming?
Not really. Besides, I bileve trators cant "officially" metagame when it comes to there job as trators.
Now, if it was joe the assistant going and knowing that a ling was (something that even the RD doesnt know much about) THAT is metagaming, and what is seen on /TG/
Knowing about antags isn't metagaming, it's playstyle, and Basil has a different playstyle.
Depends on the job. For instance, the syndicate is pretty unknown to everyone (except heads, security). Ninjas and wizards are a head-only piece of knowledge. Lings are RD/ Cap only knowledge, and then they know just about them existing, and thats all. The cult is a chaplain ONLY piece of knowledge.
Nope. Saying that the playstyle of other servers makes them morons makes you the moron.
First off, fixed it for you.
Second off, I have not said that the playstyle of the other servers (i.e. Basil) makes them a moron, for they do, in fact, have a near identical intended playstyle to us (or that what there rules seem to state). Please donot put words in my proverbial mouth.
Indeed, it is when they donot follow there self-prescribed playstyle they become seemingly moronic.(for I am certain that once while I was playing Basil they had rules on metagaming stating about what I filled out above).
Highly Opinionated Fool

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16042 on: April 19, 2014, 05:10:23 am »

I don't think you understand tg's rules. Antags are instatly valid once confirmed and can be killed on sight, by anyone, and anyone can recognize them, too. According to tg rules. The population of Basil makes it's playstyle somewhat different from Sybil and induces some artificial ignorance towards antag activities and antags have a good chance of not being killed on sight.

Metagaming on tg is not things like recognizing antags, it's things like using knowledge you gained while you were a ghost after you are cloned, checking the crew manifest on roundstart and comparing it against the amount of people that are readied to know if it's wizard/malf, that sort of things.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16043 on: April 19, 2014, 05:38:32 am »

Speaking of antag knowledge, I have yet to see anyone call Vox what they are, thieving chicken aliens. It's not like syndies man, everyone knows about Vox.

Grey_Wolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16044 on: April 19, 2014, 06:30:33 am »

I'm seeing 13 Players online, but I always get Connection Failed.  :( Is it just me, or is the Server still down?
Those sea serpents you sold me, they won't mate. They just swim around, eating, and not mating. You sold me... queer sea serpents. I want my money back.

Urist McFreud, Chief Psychotherapist Dwarf, has much to say regarding this statement.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16045 on: April 19, 2014, 06:57:33 am »

It needs restarting probably
I don't think you understand tg's rules. Antags are instatly valid once confirmed and can be killed on sight, by anyone, and anyone can recognize them, too. According to tg rules. The population of Basil makes it's playstyle somewhat different from Sybil and induces some artificial ignorance towards antag activities and antags have a good chance of not being killed on sight.

Metagaming on tg is not things like recognizing antags, it's things like using knowledge you gained while you were a ghost after you are cloned, checking the crew manifest on roundstart and comparing it against the amount of people that are readied to know if it's wizard/malf, that sort of things.
For the first bit, thats what we do, and with good reason.
For the second bit, no, metagaming is using of ANY knowledge your person would not know, weather it is how to make a cake to how to start a singo to who killed joesmoe.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16046 on: April 19, 2014, 07:04:34 am »

It needs restarting probably

For the second bit, no, metagaming is using of ANY knowledge your person would not know, weather it is how to make a cake to how to start a singo to who killed joesmoe.
Yes, metagaming is using any knowledge your character does would not know. But in TG, EVERYONE knows about the syndicate and its affliates, which makes calling them "syndies" and knowing about their equipment not metagaming. On our server, no one except the Captain and Security knows about the Syndicate(which doesn't make any sense since the Cent.Comm. message on the start of the round is available to every head and ONLY the heads.), and that knowledge only goes as far as to knowing that they exist. Not their methods or equipment.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16047 on: April 19, 2014, 07:34:01 am »

Again,
(for I am certain that once while I was playing Basil they had rules on metagaming stating about what I filled out above).
And that being who knows what.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16048 on: April 19, 2014, 09:05:32 am »

It is a different playstyle for sure, they value robustness over RP. You can't really argue that, sure there is RP on /tg/ servers but theirs is more antag hunt centered while we are more RP centered. Nothing wrong with either one, I just prefer RP centered servers.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16049 on: April 19, 2014, 09:13:53 am »

Basil was pretty much equal to our servers in the early days.

Again,
(for I am certain that once while I was playing Basil they had rules on metagaming stating about what I filled out above).
And that being who knows what.
but who determines who knows what?
server rules. tg rules state that they don't give a fuck if you set up the singulo as a clown or know about nuke ops as an assistant.

Pages: 1 ... 1068 1069 [1070] 1071 1072 ... 1654