Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 967 968 [969] 970 971 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117024 times)

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #14520 on: March 01, 2014, 12:25:22 am »

Just for the record, I didn't kill the HoS. C.O.N.F.U.S.E.D. is the best pAI an obese detective could ask for.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14521 on: March 01, 2014, 12:53:41 am »

I learned how to remove brains from monkeys and people that round.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #14522 on: March 01, 2014, 04:13:31 am »

For a traitor they need to spend as little time as possible on station once they have fulfilled their mission. Any time spent sitting on their hands is time they can be caught/killed. It's not meta for them. They want to be gone.
But a lot of the time the crew will call the shuttle because of some minor thing. I have been in rounds where someone set the bar on fire and the shuttle got called. The bar.

If people try to call the shuttle over a minor thing, it's generally a sign that they want the round to end already, and are getting bored. So not much sense extending it artificially.

EDIT: On one hand, the server crash fix had been patched. On the other, pretty much all stun durations AND handcuff application time are slashed.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 04:20:37 am by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14523 on: March 01, 2014, 04:27:02 am »

Glloyd should merge tg asap and Vactor should update asap, a server-crashing exploit was fixed.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14524 on: March 01, 2014, 02:11:02 pm »

There was a weird recursive bomb on the server earlier, sandbox round. I was the only person online and there was constant 2, 5, 11 explosions every ~2 seconds in the same place: Escape. I jumped there to see what was causing it but crashed and got locked out of the server before I could.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #14525 on: March 01, 2014, 02:37:00 pm »

Weird, I haven't updated in 3 weeks though, so I'm actually going to get to it this weekend.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14526 on: March 01, 2014, 03:07:14 pm »

There was a weird recursive bomb on the server earlier, sandbox round. I was the only person online and there was constant 2, 5, 11 explosions every ~2 seconds in the same place: Escape. I jumped there to see what was causing it but crashed and got locked out of the server before I could.

Huh. I've seen some fairly kickass bombs before but not ones that explode multiple times.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14527 on: March 01, 2014, 05:32:36 pm »

I am the best detective. I managed to detect and arrest a traitor within 30 seconds of meeting them, and about another 30 seconds before I died.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14528 on: March 01, 2014, 07:12:25 pm »

Nuh uh! I was trying to move lockers around, misclicked, and took down the dualswording clown  way down the hallway, to the surprise of the HOS
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14529 on: March 02, 2014, 03:56:29 am »

Report that stuff to coderbus yo.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14530 on: March 02, 2014, 11:46:42 am »

Had a bit of a funny end to my character a ffew days/weeks ago. I was the chef, and got assasinated very early on by a traitor. The bartender brought me to medbay and I was cloned under the supervision of the bartender and a scientist (don't remember if it was a regular doctor, a geneticist or the Research Director). Turns out aliens had already infested the ship as they busted in and dragged the bartender and scientist off. Shuttle had already been called and my body was just left there outside the cloning machine. I was alive, but couldn't move, talk or hear. No aliens came back to take my body, and I was still alive when the round ended. This led the traitor to get very confused and asked in OOC why he hadn't succeded. Server crashed before I could respond.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14531 on: March 02, 2014, 03:52:56 pm »

So, hypothetical scenario here.

Imagine you're a personal AI who hasn't received any information or orders from your master. You board the escape shuttle, whereupon your master is shot with a taser by one person and then hit with a sword by another. Would you be remiss in your duties to scream for people to help and subdue the offenders? Or, since your master was a traitor and expected you to read his mind about that, should you stay quiet?
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14532 on: March 02, 2014, 03:55:26 pm »

You have to fall back to your pAI self and whatever your default loyalties are. There's a button for that.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14533 on: March 02, 2014, 04:03:03 pm »

Indeed. If a pAI's master is attacked, barring other orders, I'd think that the pAI should do what it can to protect them.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14534 on: March 02, 2014, 04:10:55 pm »

idk wtf this game is about or how to play it but id be fun without byond lag
Pages: 1 ... 967 968 [969] 970 971 ... 1654