Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 941 942 [943] 944 945 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117612 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #14130 on: February 11, 2014, 06:27:39 pm »

Just had my first successful traitor round on /tg/. Stole a handtele as everything exploded near it providing the perfect distraction. Also funtimes when I actually rescued a security man from exploded area, dragged him near the tele, then shook him awake. He went inside the emagged door and I remarked "Oh no, someone broke into tele!". He bought the implication that it wasn't me. :D

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14131 on: February 11, 2014, 06:38:22 pm »

I dunno, I'm biased because I vastly prefer BS12 and even /tg/ over goon. Also I really like the open source movement, and find (especially in /tg/'s case) that it draws a lot more people to build onto that codebase. However, goons devs are more focused in their efforts, but you see the same thing with BS12 devs, so arguing that closed source is a better way to develop is kind of irrelevant. Whatever codebase people enjoy they can play, and if they want to contribute to one, they can go to /tg/, BS12 or here.

Plus /tg/ is arguably one of the most successful (if not the most successful) SS13 branches, and it spawned modern BS12, so saying that it isn't the right way to develop is kind of an ignorant viewpoint. Especially when one looks at the multiple, multiple branches of /tg/ (Yog, Pink, /vg/ and UMcS to name a few) and their varied success. (Or even look at the multiple variants of BS12 like Parastation, Hyperion, Griefstation, and New Eden to name only a few). /tg/ alone gets more players than goon consistently. Actually, right now Goon has 45 players between their two servers, /tg/ has exactly 100 between their 3.

Anyways, I digress. There is no one way to develop SS13, there's a few equally viable ways, some more successful than others.

They both have their pros and cons I guess. But personally I feel that closed source relies on the notion that your coders will never leave, also you have to pay to become a Goon member. I find it odd actually that Goon has decreased in player base, last year they were easily reaching server limits with 80-110 easily on both servers.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #14132 on: February 11, 2014, 06:45:02 pm »

server is back up
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14133 on: February 11, 2014, 06:54:33 pm »

QUICKLY JOIN WE'RE TRAPPED IN A LOOP OHGODWHY
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14134 on: February 11, 2014, 07:13:11 pm »

Goddamn, being a cultist is really difficult. I'm too nervous to convert people.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14135 on: February 11, 2014, 07:50:32 pm »

I'd join, but my BYOND is acting weird. Gets to 100% when "Loading live games from Hub" but after that, nothing happens, even after several hours. Anybody run into this before?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #14136 on: February 11, 2014, 08:20:15 pm »

I'd join, but my BYOND is acting weird. Gets to 100% when "Loading live games from Hub" but after that, nothing happens, even after several hours. Anybody run into this before?

Never to me. Try updating BYOND?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14137 on: February 11, 2014, 08:23:01 pm »

Goddamn, being a cultist is really difficult. I'm too nervous to convert people.
Just walk up to people and say "Yo dawg, you wanna join my gang, brotha? I ain't talking 'bout chickin 'n gravy, biiatch."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14138 on: February 11, 2014, 08:27:15 pm »

Just walk up to people and say "Yo dawg, you wanna join my gang, brotha? I ain't talking 'bout chickin 'n gravy, biiatch."
DO IT. I DARE YOU.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14139 on: February 11, 2014, 08:33:36 pm »

I'll have to try that. Stunprods are way too risky and don't really work if you're not an engineer, at least if you don't want to get breaking and entering on your security records. Honestly, I think just asking them would be less risky.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14140 on: February 11, 2014, 08:36:05 pm »

Remember, forceculting results in the convertee becoming a useless meatshield that may as well blow your cover and antagonize security for the glory of Nar-Sie.

c:
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14141 on: February 11, 2014, 08:37:13 pm »

I'll have to try that. Stunprods are way too risky and don't really work if you're not an engineer, at least if you don't want to get breaking and entering on your security records. Honestly, I think just asking them would be less risky.

That's hilarious, a breaking and entering record. Heh, but honestly there is never enough security to really care if you steal.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14142 on: February 11, 2014, 08:38:38 pm »

Depends what server. I'm primarily thinking about /tg/ station, where you can sometimes have a FULL SECURITY! Crazy, I know, but bear with me.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 08:50:39 pm by Fniff »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14143 on: February 11, 2014, 08:48:04 pm »

Or when I am security, or command.

Simply put, please try to follow spacelaw and the SOPs when I am security? Its kinda annoying going after people due to no sensors in blue levels, or dealing with the clown drawing up the place with blood.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14144 on: February 11, 2014, 10:02:20 pm »

Or Derya with five buckets of paint and a serious dislike of the current Medbay colors.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.
Pages: 1 ... 941 942 [943] 944 945 ... 1654