Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 924 925 [926] 927 928 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2119650 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #13875 on: February 04, 2014, 05:09:34 pm »

Lucky bugger.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13876 on: February 04, 2014, 06:18:25 pm »

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13877 on: February 04, 2014, 06:30:46 pm »

I went AFK while observing a late, low-pop round. I came back to find out that I was suddenly alive, in space, outside the illicit bar, as Steel Hanzo, SPACE NINJA.
I'm positive it was a random event and I don't think I even had the preference turned on, but that didn't matter anymore. I was an elite mercenary assassin of the mighty Spider Clan, on a mission with six objectives to complete:

Objective #1: Accumulate 5 capture points. It is better if they remain relatively unharmed. Fail. (Capturing creatures is fine and dandy, except for the small detail that there is no energy net to capture them in the ninja abilities tabs.)
Objective #2: Download 20 research levels. Success! (No science staff. I researched them myself.)
Objective #3: Slay Bomrek Nussbaum, the Chief Medical Officer. Fail. (I somehow misread 'Slay' as 'Hang out with Bomrek, set up the engine together, let him operate your appendicitis and lead his braindead self safely to the pods when the shuttle comes'.)
Objective #4: Steal an advanced energy gun. Success! (No cargo staff. I had to mine the uranium myself.)
Objective #5: Stay alive until the end. Success!
Objective #6: The Spider Clan must not be linked to this operation. Remain as hidden and covert as possible. Fail. (I'm not sure how the game could detect the completion of this. There would have been no admins to toggle it, and I managed to fail it hilariously anyway in the first five minutes, as I stepped out of maintenance right as I finished reading the wiki, by walking right in front of the entirety of the crew that just so happened to be standing at the end of the escape hallway.)

Things I've learned:
- 10E means 1000 energy.
- Opening doors with the energy blade makes my inner engineer cry.
- Ninjas make for surprisingly good miners.
- Maskless ninja sprite looked rather strange, almost glitched. I should have taken some screenshots.
- Absolutely nothing happened in the captain's quarters and I shall not speak about it.

It was... interesting, to say the least. I took it as a crash course in how to use the spiderOS.

I should had briefed you on ninja basics in hindsight.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13878 on: February 04, 2014, 07:08:42 pm »

- Absolutely nothing happened in the captain's quarters and I shall not speak about it.

Indeed, it will remain ever a secret. :)
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13879 on: February 04, 2014, 09:06:24 pm »

Hello, guys!
Due to the fact that I'm a frickin' idiot and I spilled water on my computer, I'll be out of commission for at best a few days, and at worst a few months. Wish me luck.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13880 on: February 04, 2014, 09:27:02 pm »

This is a perfect example of why you should only spill DI water on a computer that is turned off. Thank you for this wonderful scientific data, rabid.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13881 on: February 04, 2014, 10:33:15 pm »

Hi all.

This round today I spent maybe two minutes getting a coffee at round start then went through the singulo wiki guide at a slow but steady pace. I'd just turned on the accelerator when I got a bunch of "The field generator turns off" messages. I turned it off, leaving a stage-1 singulo uncontained but immobile and with help from Hector and a cyborg we got it sorted out. This required the PACMAN although the engineering APC had power and equipment power was set to on - presumably because the SMESs were uncharged by then.

I'm sure the singulo can be set up much quicker by better engi players, but if I'm struggling to do it in time then I can't imagine a new player running off the wiki for the first time, or a mentor properly explaining each step would be able to.

So, I'd like to request that the starting SMES power on our map be increased so engineers have a longer window to get the singulo working before they have to get the pacman out.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:35:06 pm by Nick K »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13882 on: February 04, 2014, 10:42:44 pm »

I can set up the singularity in 4-6 minutes, it's easy after you've done it a few times, though I think I was killed by the emitters or field generators like twice while I was in that learning period.

I think the starting power levels are fine; they don't necessarily have to be set to accommodate a newbie engineer.

This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13883 on: February 04, 2014, 11:09:58 pm »

It's very easy and you can always use the PACMAN. Next time don't be an engineer and expect to go get coffee.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13884 on: February 04, 2014, 11:21:15 pm »

Yeah, I'm about the farthest from an engineer you can get, but with the wiki page open the only way I can't get it up from round start (or a minute or two after round start if it's low-pop and I started as Cap/HoP) is if it's one of those rounds with three people, none with access, in which I first need to get a set of tools and break into the Captain's office, give myself access to engineering, and then run down there and start setting up. :|

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #13885 on: February 05, 2014, 02:15:10 am »

I can usually walk a mentee through the singulo set-up in time to get it running, though I usually do a good portion of it myself when ding so. It takes two or three rounds to get them up to speed. My fvorite part is when they fail to run after removing the plasma tank from the (open) canister.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13886 on: February 05, 2014, 02:22:00 am »

What about surgery...

I'm good at uh...

Surgery... And stabbing things...

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #13887 on: February 05, 2014, 05:26:59 am »

I'm an engi, and usually manage to get it set it up fairly rapidly. Only problem is when I get shocked by the forcefield (Try to have a buddy along to help you) or when I arrive late and everyone's yelling at me for not having set up the engine. Weirdly, on /tg/, sometimes people don't set up the engine cos it's "dangerous" and rely solely on the Solaris. Since the only breakouts were traitor related, I don't agree with their policy.

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13888 on: February 05, 2014, 05:46:13 am »

The main difference between this station and /tg/ station is that as far as power is concerned is that their station can be ran solely off solars because it is properly scaled to their station. This station seems to have the same number of solar panels but has a much higher power draw. I attribute the higher power draw and general lack of power to the size of the station itself, large rooms requiring the use of many lights like atmospherics which is usually the first room to run out of power, and uneven APC distribution especially the large areas of lights the hallways have to power. /tg/ has the luxury of being able to power the station solely on solars but on this server solars are just about useless except for cutting and laying wire to power only specific areas.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13889 on: February 05, 2014, 06:57:45 am »

Setting up the singulo is just something you have to get the hang off. Knowing the details and how it works under the hood is useful too, obviously.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 924 925 [926] 927 928 ... 1654