Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 897 898 [899] 900 901 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118805 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #13470 on: January 25, 2014, 11:01:11 am »

Just use the PACMAN generator to get the initial power for the emitters. After it's up, the singularity sustains it's own field.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13471 on: January 25, 2014, 11:22:26 am »

Order more collectors.
Fill every single tank on the station with 0.001 degrees K plasma and make a monster.

It would be pretty interesting if you could cause power overloads, causing lights to explode, maybe randomly causing some doors to electrify.
So malicious engineers setting to output to fucktonhigh?
I'd actually prefer that to bog-standard releasing the singuloth/wiring power directly to the grid.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13472 on: January 25, 2014, 12:10:45 pm »

It'd be even better if there occasionally were legitimate reasons to supercharge the grid (e.g. research needs to charge their superlaser or the station anti-asteroid fields need to be pulsed), so an organized engineering team that's capable of dealing with the electrical fires in the engine room and the blown lights could do some additional good for the station.

I don't know if that specifically is a great idea, but engineers could use more things to fiddle with. After the initial power set-up, it can get a bit boring.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13473 on: January 25, 2014, 12:48:50 pm »

I don't know if that specifically is a great idea, but engineers could use more things to fiddle with. After the initial power set-up, it can get a bit boring.

Gateway: bring along an engineer to hack and such (less meta this way)
Traitors: should be doing damage to the station
Science wing in general: blowing things up accidentally, releasing hazards via gold slime
Meteors: doing what they do, usually to cargo or brig or escape
and other random events usually needing a patch job

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13474 on: January 25, 2014, 01:07:02 pm »

Gateway: bring along an engineer to hack and such (less meta this way)
Traitors: should be doing damage to the station
Science wing in general: blowing things up accidentally, releasing hazards via gold slime
Meteors: doing what they do, usually to cargo or brig or escape
and other random events usually needing a patch job

Yeah, but Gateway is rarely used, and non-Traitor station damage is actually pretty rare, and those are all patchup jobs, and the engine is basically self-sufficient once it's started.

I'd like to see things that require some problem-solving or ongoing attention for engineers, like the laser charging thing Karlito mentioned - they need to up the power, but they need to monitor the power level so they don't fry the whole station, maybe visit some unused places and turn off the APCs to decrease the load on the station...

Actually, I think it should be extended, because well, a lot of things are just 'memorize/wiki the formula, apply the formula' with 0% risk of error and no creativity involved.

E: Recent update to Mining has a good idea. Mining is now actually dangerous, since you can set off the Gibtonite ore which is explosive and looks like, IIRC, Diamonds. So, you make the mistake of just holding one direction key and clicking away, you can get killed (though not gibbed), and if you pull it off nicely, you get explosives to help you mine faster.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 01:11:22 pm by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13475 on: January 25, 2014, 01:26:29 pm »

I used Gateway last night as a borg at round end. Got stopped by a door. :C Doggie needed help getting out. Scratch. Whine.

Even public we don't have the manpower for constant attention to a project. I would get bored and quit because there's no RP at all in watching dials. This isn't Baystation.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13476 on: January 25, 2014, 01:29:45 pm »

I wish they would add slag, and being able to reprocess it into some more materials...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13477 on: January 25, 2014, 01:36:08 pm »

By the by, how do change a borg's name? Possible?

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13478 on: January 25, 2014, 01:42:20 pm »

I believe you pen it before you insert the MMI.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13479 on: January 25, 2014, 01:49:24 pm »

Ah, so a round start borg is stuck then?

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13480 on: January 25, 2014, 01:49:47 pm »

You can change the name with one of the modules, I believe.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13481 on: January 25, 2014, 01:52:25 pm »

I had a useless Roboticist anyway that particular round. The few times I'm borg there's nobody in science or nobody willing. I don't hesitate to upgrade borg batteries or help them out if RD/Roboticist/Engineer. It's part of your job and doesn't take that long.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13482 on: January 25, 2014, 01:56:28 pm »

Aint it fun?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13483 on: January 25, 2014, 02:09:01 pm »

The same round was people closing their shutters. It's nice having some pop in the game, but damnit this is multiplayer. I should have gone engineer and torn down walls, claiming a fear of closed spaces.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13484 on: January 25, 2014, 02:15:31 pm »

I had a useless Roboticist anyway that particular round. The few times I'm borg there's nobody in science or nobody willing. I don't hesitate to upgrade borg batteries or help them out if RD/Roboticist/Engineer. It's part of your job and doesn't take that long.

And then you get those meta-dicks that insist no one can tamper with their panel, or enter upload. RD and Captain have access to upload for a reason, and Roboticists, RD, and Captain can access the Borg panel for a reason too.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 897 898 [899] 900 901 ... 1654