Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 896 897 [898] 899 900 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118811 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #13455 on: January 24, 2014, 10:56:21 pm »

People need to not shutter their windows at round start. At least attempt to play with people. Gosh.

At least two were not antags.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13456 on: January 24, 2014, 11:04:31 pm »

I'm still embarrassed by the first time I made bombs and accidentally blew myself up when I took an opportunity to kill the HoS and forgot that the rest of the bombs in my satchel were on the same radio frequency and code. =.=

I did this once. I planted a bomb in security, on the bridge, in my office, in medbay, and threw one in the bar as I ran bye, then detonated them. I had them all linked, including the extra one I forgot in my backpack.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13457 on: January 24, 2014, 11:18:15 pm »

To be fair, blob is pretty much impossible to kill unless you find it almost as soon as it starts growing, or if you've already made a full set of cap bombs before it is discovered. I remember one round where we found it before it had build any structures (it had planted in the engineering storage room). With three of us doing rotations with eight las- and e-guns and a row of rechargers wrenched to the floor outside, it still took close to ten minutes to kill it, and that was with it being less than 15 tiles wide with no resource nodes or factory nodes.

The only good blob round I ever had was one when we were back on either box or meta, where some scientist had wasted all of their bombs attacking the outer layer of it. I'd stolen a hardsuit and a couple guns, including the Cap's gun, and spacewalked around the outside of the station to come at it from behind. I managed to get a few hits on the core while fending off the little bloblings, but I ran out of charges and the cap's gun doesn't have high enough recharge for the DPS to beat the strong blob regrowth rate. The scientist tried (and failed) to make a canister bomb, but I hadn't into toxins at that point, so I didn't know that it wouldn't work and ended up dying trying to pull it over to the core.

By and large blob is just a boring lagfest as everyone waits for the shuttle to arrive or for the blob to consume all. It's even sort of sucky as the blob; the only time I enjoyed that was when I asked to be blobbed in deadchat to help out the existing one and we managed to plant a core on the escape shuttle. Other than that... :|

I guess it's just that the blob is unlike virtually every other antagonist, in that it is difficult to kill but also not very dangerous; the bloblings don't do very much damage and die easily, and the only way for the blob to really kill people other than that is trapping them in a dangerous environment. So the crew can't really hurt a blob that has had time to grow, but at the same time the blob isn't going to wipe out the crew without an arseload of work, and it lags the server to boot. I like the idea of the slow, creeping threat (a la Romero zombies in space, as we were discussing earlier), but it should both be very dangerous if it corners you as well as mortal if you hurt it badly enough, and shouldn't make large swaths of the station inaccessable. That's part of the reason why I was in favor of the slowzombie idea.
Out of curiosity, how many humans were on the station in your blob rounds? In my experience (granted a while bacK) blob rounds always ended in human victory.

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13458 on: January 24, 2014, 11:33:22 pm »

Usually somewhere around 8-14 people which is low compared to /tgstation and it's experienced players. The best we could probably ever do to a blob is slow it down enough to escape on the shuttle. I am in support of the slow zombies idea also but that requires someone to code said thing into the game first.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13459 on: January 24, 2014, 11:37:17 pm »

I'm still embarrassed by the first time I made bombs and accidentally blew myself up when I took an opportunity to kill the HoS and forgot that the rest of the bombs in my satchel were on the same radio frequency and code. =.=

I did this once. I planted a bomb in security, on the bridge, in my office, in medbay, and threw one in the bar as I ran bye, then detonated them. I had them all linked, including the extra one I forgot in my backpack.

What I've done ever since then is grabbed a second satchel to keep them all in, and used it to plant/throw the last one, so that I know that as long as I have it in my hands I'm not safe to detonate (unless I've got a reserve or two on timers).

-snip-
Out of curiosity, how many humans were on the station in your blob rounds? In my experience (granted a while bacK) blob rounds always ended in human victory.
It depends, usually around what garfield said, but sometimes as much as 20. Amusingly, the one success was actually a near null-pop round with only five or so of us; I'd taken Captain to start up the engine, since we didn't have any engineers, which is why the blob was noticed so quickly. It actually got to the point where I willingly gave the clown my e-sword so that he could help us kill it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13460 on: January 25, 2014, 05:52:00 am »

Some late night Experimenting/practice with the singularity engine. I always have such bad luck with setting up the engine in normal rounds even though I know exactly what to do.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Anyways I digress, the image is of power generated after I had fiddled with the plasma tanks in the collectors. Notice the temperature of the plasma tank I am holding. I used atmospherics' gas coolers to chill the plasma down which also lowers pressure and allows me to cram more plasma in a tank. The power the engine was generating was around 2 million units of power and now as you can see after it is now almost generating 3.8 million units of power. I essentially doubled the power generation of the engine which already makes more then enough power without chilling the plasma but I thought you guys would find this interesting.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13461 on: January 25, 2014, 06:44:22 am »

Order more collectors.
Fill every single tank on the station with 0.001 degrees K plasma and make a monster.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13462 on: January 25, 2014, 07:00:25 am »

Order more collectors.
Fill every single tank on the station with 0.001 degrees K plasma and make a monster.

It would be pretty interesting if you could cause power overloads, causing lights to explode, maybe randomly causing some doors to electrify.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13463 on: January 25, 2014, 07:08:23 am »

Oh by the way, ling arm blades got merged, so the next time Vactor updates changelings will be more ROBUST.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13464 on: January 25, 2014, 07:38:27 am »

Order more collectors.

It would be pretty interesting if you could cause power overloads, causing lights to explode, maybe randomly causing some doors to electrify.
So malicious engineers setting to output to fucktonhigh?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13465 on: January 25, 2014, 09:50:28 am »

Oh by the way, ling arm blades got merged, so the next time Vactor updates changelings will be more ROBUST.

That's assuming someone merges /tg/ again. Also, small nifty thing, diluting things makes them look diluted now, since alpha channel merging is merged. Also, water is greyish-transparent and not blue now.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13466 on: January 25, 2014, 09:52:13 am »

That's assuming someone merges /tg/ again. Also, small nifty thing, diluting things makes them look diluted now, since alpha channel merging is merged. Also, water is greyish-transparent and not blue now.

Shiny.

Server is sbox right now, by the way.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13467 on: January 25, 2014, 10:06:33 am »

Shiny.

E: derp, sandbox.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13468 on: January 25, 2014, 10:11:17 am »

Shiny.

E: derp, sandbox.

Incidentally, what is wrong with the damn singulo on this map? The emitters refuse to actually activate, despite infinite power
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13469 on: January 25, 2014, 10:44:53 am »

Emitters don't draw from the APC, they draw from power in the grid.

Pages: 1 ... 896 897 [898] 899 900 ... 1654