Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 699 700 [701] 702 703 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116840 times)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #10500 on: October 04, 2013, 02:09:51 pm »

So let's do that. The fact of the matter is, the average of players the last week has been 3-6 people. 13 was the highest I've seen this month, and that was like three weeks ago.

First had no Internet, then had no interest, then snowball effect of no pop.

For a moment I thought you were bemoaning your lack of carbonated beverage. Despite the fact that I call it, and think of it, as coke.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10501 on: October 04, 2013, 02:45:55 pm »

So let's do that. The fact of the matter is, the average of players the last week has been 3-6 people. 13 was the highest I've seen this month, and that was like three weeks ago.

For a moment I thought you were bemoaning your lack of carbonated beverage. Despite the fact that I call it, and think of it, as coke.

I AIN'T FUCKIN' PLAYIN' TIL WE GOTS SOME DAMN SODA IN HERE. :P Which, admittedly, is more amusing than what he actually said.

But yes. Even just letting people know as they join that we prefer to not have blatant meta knowledge used, to keep the antag murderboning to a reasonable level, and not to be a colossal fuckwad or we'll throw you in the thunderdome and send carp after you. Millions of carp. Er. That last part might just be me.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10502 on: October 04, 2013, 02:48:34 pm »

In other news, have a random person.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10503 on: October 04, 2013, 03:32:10 pm »

I AIN'T FUCKIN' PLAYIN' TIL WE GOTS SOME DAMN SODA IN HERE. :P Which, admittedly, is more amusing than what he actually said.

But yes. Even just letting people know as they join that we prefer to not have blatant meta knowledge used, to keep the antag murderboning to a reasonable level, and not to be a colossal fuckwad or we'll throw you in the thunderdome and send carp after you. Millions of carp. Er. That last part might just be me.
I think it would be better to send them to the thunderdome with a very unrobust weapon against something it would be fun to watch them struggle fighting against (like maybe an admin in a Durand or a HONK or an ED-209, or a giant Alien queen; or watch them dodge facehuggers).

Make sure to broadcast a message for everyone to tune in to the TVs.

I mean, let's have the colosseum entertaining. Death by carp happens by normal means. Watching them fight something silly (and one-sided), and reviving them only to die again in a more horrible fashion seems punishment enough. Especially when they're hallucinating and dizzy (really drunk) as hell.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 03:38:10 pm by Itnetlolor »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10504 on: October 04, 2013, 03:35:50 pm »

... And many new ideas were born.

"You are gifted with the mighty MINI-HOE! Your opponent is..."
*Ninja materializes behind them*
"SPIDER CLAN OPERATIVES! FOUR OF THEM!"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10505 on: October 04, 2013, 03:37:34 pm »

... And many new ideas were born.

"You are gifted with the mighty MINI-HOE! Your opponent is..."
*Ninja materializes behind them*
"SPIDER CLAN OPERATIVES! FOUR OF THEM!"

Rubber ducky, Space Bear. The mental picture of that in my head is so vivid I need that to happen.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10506 on: October 04, 2013, 03:44:49 pm »

Actually, why not make that a bit of a custom gamemode as well?

SS-13 Hunger Games? Or some sort of bizarre Olympics or something.

While everyone is minding their own business playing the game, the arena is getting setup, even filling the arena with several chem-nades (surprise packages) to use on each other, or oneself; and then whatever events the admin has in mind, and then, surprise! You have been chosen/nominated to test your luck in the arena. All you have is what's on you and what's in the arena. Losing/death may or may not be permanent; unless you are gibbed, then you're S.O.L.

Win-lose conditions and rewards/punishments are also up to the admin.

EDIT:
Chem-bombs, not bomb-bombs. Chem grenades with random stuff in them (can't dissect an assembled grenade, nor see what's in it), that don't compromise the arena (i.e.-No explosives; only smoke bomb types (including diseased blood-nades).)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 03:55:39 pm by Itnetlolor »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10507 on: October 04, 2013, 03:45:16 pm »

Neerti once did Olympics in the Thunderdome. There was even janicart racing.

Besides not knowing antags, there's the level of RP we have. Also, maybe impose a low limit so you can't play head roles in your first week.

Also, itn, the thunderdome is about 14 tiles in diameter. It's the size of the bomb testing range.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10508 on: October 04, 2013, 06:07:52 pm »

Only if we add a quick rules clause to the MOTD, stating things like not knowing about antags etc.
What other non-official rules beside not knowing about antags do we have? Everyone not knowing how everything on the station works?
Isn't that a BS12 thing? I've never noticed it, apart from a few bits of RP. It's a choice at best (and rather pointless when we're in situations where like as not the HoP, QM, or RD are setting up the engine because nobody went engineer).

Hm. Not knowing about antags, not knowing about illicit (though that tends to happen)... Eh, there's also that it's generally bad form to off people who aren't assassination targets, especially early in the round, without a lot of RP escalation/them finding you in a very compromising situation.

Also clone amnesia.

Mimidormi

• Bay Watcher
  • Magnetite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10509 on: October 04, 2013, 06:14:26 pm »

Last night was my turn again to be the traitor against my will.
This time I mentally shut down for 'only' 20 minutes, that's progress.

Spoiler: I'm verbose. (click to show/hide)

So yeah, still too slow, sloppy and pointlessly stealthy. No way that would have worked in a medium-pop round, or even with just another two crewmembers aboard, but it sure was a learning experience.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10510 on: October 04, 2013, 06:47:16 pm »

When you want to corgify someone with style. :P

On that note, transformation diseases actually work now. Robotic transformation turns you into a robot, xenomorph transformation turns you into a xeno etc.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10511 on: October 04, 2013, 06:59:58 pm »

Last night was my turn again to be the traitor against my will.
This time I mentally shut down for 'only' 20 minutes, that's progress.

Spoiler: I'm verbose. (click to show/hide)

So yeah, still too slow, sloppy and pointlessly stealthy. No way that would have worked in a medium-pop round, or even with just another two crewmembers aboard, but it sure was a learning experience.
Cool story, Bro.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10512 on: October 04, 2013, 07:12:46 pm »

When you want to corgify someone with style. :P

On that note, transformation diseases actually work now. Robotic transformation turns you into a robot, xenomorph transformation turns you into a xeno etc.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Corgi beard fortress station. There's one razor on the station and you don't have thumbs.

Make it so voice change does something, like animal voices. *corgi chimpers*

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 07:17:02 pm by BigD145 »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10513 on: October 04, 2013, 07:42:24 pm »

I love welder rounds too much.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher