Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116953 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #10485 on: October 03, 2013, 08:02:57 pm »

Okay. It helps to know the limits so I can push my efforts more. I thought I was hitting an adjusted cap. Wasn't aware there was none at the time. I thought it was merely doubled or something when I hit my others.

Well, I have a reliably powerful bomb setup made to do considerable damage; but nowhere enough to cause a Cuban Pete Crisis.

Back to the drawing board... I wonder if bombs stack on detonations; especially when detonated simultaneously? Otherwise, I might have to use my standard method, utilize EVA, and put up a hex (6 bombs) across the station and find a safe room (or maybe hijack the mining shuttle) before detonation.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 08:04:31 pm by Itnetlolor »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10486 on: October 03, 2013, 09:05:52 pm »

Bombs do not stack on detonation, even if detonated simultaneously. It resolves each bomb separately and one at a time, which is why it lags.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10487 on: October 03, 2013, 11:08:08 pm »

I built a bunker in maintenance.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It was fun even if there was only like 5 people on.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10488 on: October 04, 2013, 12:06:32 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For posterity, I have detonated a 32, 64, 128 bomb via admin powers while no one was on the server. This is the range of effect. At the top, you will see a red door. That is the Brig. You can clearly see the mining shuttle in the bottom left of the picture, and the locker room is visible on the left. You can't see anything very well to the right, but it extends to the Kitchen, and in the bottom of the picture is Atmospherics, not that it's recognizable.

Basically, a 32, 64, 128 detonation completely removes the center of the station, from the Kitchen to the Locker room, Atmospherics to the Brig. The vault is blown open, and the light devastation extends through a good portion of the remainder of the station. I'd estimate that a good sixty percent of the station is obliterated completely, and another ten or twenty percent is damaged severely. Escape, Engineering, Arrivals, and part of Security were completely unharmed, along with pretty much all of Research and some of Medbay.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10489 on: October 04, 2013, 12:09:30 pm »

I presume detonated over the AI core?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10490 on: October 04, 2013, 12:10:15 pm »

Imagine being a prisoner in the brig when that explosion happens.

"Holy shit! This is my lucky br... Wait, none of the glass was smashed? Not even scratched? COME THE FUCK ON."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10491 on: October 04, 2013, 12:16:44 pm »

I presume detonated over the AI core?

Detonated on the wall directly north of the AI Core.

Imagine being a prisoner in the brig when that explosion happens.

"Holy shit! This is my lucky br... Wait, none of the glass was smashed? Not even scratched? COME THE FUCK ON."

My first antag round ever, I was a Revhead, and got the HoP to make me a Security Officer. Later, I got mugged for my ID and thrown in the brig by the Security team, and then they locked down the brig. The Revs stormed security and detonated a bomb right outside the door JUST as I finished taking off my cuffs. It blew open all the windows and such, and I dashed into Security where the Revs and Security were fighting a knock-down brawl. I snatched the Warden's ID when he got incapacitated, and escaped into Maintenance. Eventually, I ended up in Escape, and it was true chaos. An assistant, a botanist, and a scientist chased down an Engineer and beat him to death with random items. A ripley crushed a Rev with it's clamp. I flashed as many people as I could, but there were so many Revs, that they were murdering people before I could turn them.

It was REALLY fun. Also, we should go public.
He's fucking with us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10492 on: October 04, 2013, 12:22:57 pm »

Only if we add a quick rules clause to the MOTD, stating things like not knowing about antags etc.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10493 on: October 04, 2013, 12:46:33 pm »

So let's do that. The fact of the matter is, the average of players the last week has been 3-6 people. 13 was the highest I've seen this month, and that was like three weeks ago.
He's fucking with us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10494 on: October 04, 2013, 12:56:59 pm »

I agree. I've been mostly playing on Philip (now Basil) because of that :c

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10495 on: October 04, 2013, 01:48:31 pm »

So empty...  :'( :'( :'(
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10496 on: October 04, 2013, 01:53:52 pm »

I support this movement. Public + update to the rules. I've pretty much stopped playing on UMcS because every time I got on it was 2-3 people playing and maybe a few more chatting about random stuff in OOC.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10497 on: October 04, 2013, 01:55:19 pm »

Only if we add a quick rules clause to the MOTD, stating things like not knowing about antags etc.
What other non-official rules beside not knowing about antags do we have? Everyone not knowing how everything on the station works?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10498 on: October 04, 2013, 02:05:22 pm »

What other non-official rules beside not knowing about antags do we have? Everyone not knowing how everything on the station works?
Isn't that a BS12 thing? I've never noticed it, apart from a few bits of RP. It's a choice at best (and rather pointless when we're in situations where like as not the HoP, QM, or RD are setting up the engine because nobody went engineer).

Hm. Not knowing about antags, not knowing about illicit (though that tends to happen)... Eh, there's also that it's generally bad form to off people who aren't assassination targets, especially early in the round, without a lot of RP escalation/them finding you in a very compromising situation.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10499 on: October 04, 2013, 02:07:05 pm »

So let's do that. The fact of the matter is, the average of players the last week has been 3-6 people. 13 was the highest I've seen this month, and that was like three weeks ago.

First had no Internet, then had no interest, then snowball effect of no pop.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 1654