Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2115367 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #9765 on: September 02, 2013, 07:46:00 am »

No. Fire is absolute shit anyway due to the way it works in SS13. The only thing that burns in the game is plasma, and it deals burn damage to people but NOTHING ELSE.

Which is to say, flooding a hallway and then lighting it on fire is a very effective way to kill people/stop them from going there, but you need plasma canisters or atmos acces for that, so yeah...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9766 on: September 02, 2013, 07:56:23 am »

How hard is Chemist to pick up? It seems like a cool job from what I've seen on the wiki.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9767 on: September 02, 2013, 08:08:03 am »

Chemist is very easy. Just follow the recipes. There's a lot of stuff to do and experiment with. Go see if you can get library acces, I think Scrdest made a few nice reference books on the toxicity of various stuff. (Which is to say, I mutagenned him a few seconds after he uploaded them.)

It may be a little stressful when there's a bunch of people in the medbay lobby with issues that require various meds that take a while to make, but meh. You can handle it. Chef is also very recommended. Ask for botany acces or ask for a botanist pre-round.

You should generally work towards having a little experience in every job, and certainly every job in a department before you play a head of that department. Security is hard and ungrateful work, but it can be fun as long as you don't get robusted by a toolbox-wielding assistant or ebow traitor. That's for later tough. You're still new meat.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 08:22:55 am by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9768 on: September 02, 2013, 08:14:48 am »

Mining gives you a live or die crash course on internals and juggling equipment

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #9769 on: September 02, 2013, 09:05:33 am »

Server is back up
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9770 on: September 02, 2013, 09:27:27 am »

Bleh, Chemistry is too complex for my tiny mind. I'll have to try it out when someone is on to help me figure things out.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9771 on: September 02, 2013, 09:37:31 am »

It's not complex. Keep the wiki page open at all times and CTRL+F what you need.
Spoiler: Psssh (click to show/hide)

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9772 on: September 02, 2013, 10:38:29 am »

It's not complex. Keep the wiki page open at all times and CTRL+F what you need.
FTFY

Also use Dexalin instead of inaprovaline. Inaprovaline stops oxygen loss while Dexalin heals it. Dexalin > Inaprovaline
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9773 on: September 02, 2013, 10:47:04 am »

Is anyone else having trouble loading the tgstation wiki pages?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9774 on: September 02, 2013, 10:57:18 am »

We need more people to see my awesome glowshroom station get on the server.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9775 on: September 02, 2013, 11:10:55 am »

I'm going to upload this as another Chemistry reference book once Nienhaus satisfies his vindictiveness and my Medical jobban expires.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9776 on: September 02, 2013, 11:18:46 am »

Personally, I use the chemistry trees as my references, with a litlle bit of editing for other mixes that aren't included in the images (Mindbreaker toxin).

I might also make another image for myself listing useful chembinations, or utterly entertaining ones to mix (mindbreaker blood gas grenades with some space drugs mixed in; nightmare trip bombs). I think tainted synth-meats are also useful combos as well. You know, clonexadone and blood, with some added ingredients in the mix so the synth meat has a bit of extra bite to it that can heal or hamper someone. Tri-corda-meat is always an awesome ingredient for meals; but so are mindbreaker/space drug burgers.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 11:21:50 am by Itnetlolor »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9777 on: September 02, 2013, 04:33:52 pm »

Personally, I use the chemistry trees as my references, with a litlle bit of editing for other mixes that aren't included in the images (Mindbreaker toxin).

I might also make another image for myself listing useful chembinations, or utterly entertaining ones to mix (mindbreaker blood gas grenades with some space drugs mixed in; nightmare trip bombs). I think tainted synth-meats are also useful combos as well. You know, clonexadone and blood, with some added ingredients in the mix so the synth meat has a bit of extra bite to it that can heal or hamper someone. Tri-corda-meat is always an awesome ingredient for meals; but so are mindbreaker/space drug burgers.

Ooooooh. I never thought of lacing the blood for synthmeat. Cool idea. And if you'd lace it with Plasma, you can stealthily cause quite a lot of chaos without anyone realizing what's happening. Although I wonder, virus blood synthmeat is not infected, right?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9778 on: September 02, 2013, 04:55:28 pm »

Ohohoho, accidentally spoiled Lily's traitor attempt by nabbing the shotgun to shoot open a locker. And then didn't let her get a hit in with her e-sword on the shuttle after I bailed from my Ripley. I was wearing sunglasses under the gas mask, by the by.  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9779 on: September 02, 2013, 05:08:33 pm »

I honestly forgot I had it. I sawed it off and stuck it in my backpack very early on. But he never let me in, I just made a hidden door from maintenance. But yeah, stun>damage all the time.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 1654