Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116226 times)

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #9090 on: August 17, 2013, 11:25:27 am »

Iceblaster, It doesn't work like that, if you know your lack of  knowledge on the subject refrain from posting.

Scrdest, Yeah, I think he will tweek the maintenacerooms, if he does that, the chance is higher of it getting added on Bay.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9091 on: August 17, 2013, 11:29:42 am »

Iceblaster, It doesn't work like that, if you know your lack of  knowledge on the subject refrain from posting.

Scrdest, Yeah, I think he will tweek the maintenacerooms, if he does that, the chance is higher of it getting added on Bay.

Alright. Apologies, I was just stating my opinion on the situation and what I thought of it, I didn't imply I was right, and if I did I apologize. Now let us get to 2d spessmen!

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9092 on: August 17, 2013, 11:32:59 am »

Alright. Apologies, I was just stating my opinion on the situation and what I thought of it, I didn't imply I was right, and if I did I apologize. Now let us get to 2d spessmen!

I understand, if you took it as hostility, sowwy.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9093 on: August 17, 2013, 11:42:05 am »

I had a fun xeno round on TG just now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #9094 on: August 17, 2013, 11:44:26 am »

I know 100% that metastation is not gonna be ported, metastations random maintenace scoobydoo-rooms don't fit with Bay.
Also, you apparently wrote the fluff for changelings on Bay, I'm impressed.

Actually, reception to porting metastation has been very positive.

Now, as for us taking Baycode... No. Not going to happen. There's a few aspects of BS12 which I absolutely love, but it cannot drown out the stuff I hate. To name a few things...

Furries, research station on the asteroid, atrocious code standards and mapping standards, A METRIC TON of unresolved map issues that could actually take a minute to fix but they don't because they're lazy, devs pushing incomplete code, laaag, slower movement, unbalanced as fuck, overly complex medical system and a horrible ruleset.

ALSO, THEIR ENTIRE .dme IS ANNOYING. GRRR. WHY DO YOU NEED 8 OUTDATED MAPS? WHY DO YOU NEED /tg/ 3.0.0 WHEN EVEN /tg/ DOESN'T CARE ABOUT IT OR INCLUDE IT ANYMORE, ARGH.

Now, I love certain aspects of their medical system, and love the hostage system, but the downsides (for me) outweigh the potential benefits. Sorry GB, if you want BS12, you'll just have to keep playing on there like you have been.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9095 on: August 17, 2013, 11:47:03 am »

so why not port the hostage code and parts of the medical system and leave the rest of the mess alone?

i mean you got my exact opinion of what's wrong with the code (you kinda get used to furries other than when they keep pulling the "super special snowflake" card all the time) and put it in your post but i don't see why it can't be done

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9096 on: August 17, 2013, 11:49:13 am »

>port hostage code

If only...
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9097 on: August 17, 2013, 11:50:21 am »

if you're telling me they went closed source over this part of code i will be flipping tables all over the place.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #9098 on: August 17, 2013, 11:52:46 am »

so why not port the hostage code and parts of the medical system and leave the rest of the mess alone?

i mean you got my exact opinion of what's wrong with the code (you kinda get used to furries other than when they keep pulling the "super special snowflake" card all the time) and put it in your post but i don't see why it can't be done

Well, I've ported a few small things, like the police tape, but the medical system is so screwed up and scattered, it'd take ages to port even parts of it. A for the hostage system, I've been looking through their files to find the relevant code, but have yet to find it. If you happen to know where it's buried, let me know. Otherwise, I'm just going to need to keep digging.

if you're telling me they went closed source over this part of code i will be flipping tables all over the place.

Nah, it's in there somewhere. I located the icons at one point, I just can't find the actual code. Their .dme is such a mess though.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9099 on: August 17, 2013, 11:59:08 am »

I hate there coding so much, It pains me to try to find anything or read it for the matter. The fucking medical code is so messed up I don't even know how they got it to work.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9100 on: August 17, 2013, 12:08:56 pm »

i downloaded their git in a zip and jesus christ. you two are right. they really put the "spaghetti" in "the soul-crushingly dense byond spaghetti"

i however am going to do the easiest thing to do: run a local server, find src << and go from there. i promise nothing, will edit post later

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9101 on: August 17, 2013, 12:08:57 pm »

Also, ZAS (bay's atmos system) isn't all that great either. Instant decompression may *sound* good, but getting slammed into a wall and dieing isn't that fun.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9102 on: August 17, 2013, 12:09:16 pm »

You can easily disable furries from the code, the rest Glloyd, yeah, kinda true, you just have to get used to navigating through it.

And could you eloberate on the ''complex'' medicalsystem and the ruleset?

Aaand as edit, ZAS has settings.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9103 on: August 17, 2013, 12:26:59 pm »

Or perhaps you could consider that porting BS12 code would be a gigantic project, and we really have, what, two? MAYBE three coders? It's just not going to happen in any sort of reasonable time frame, and badgering us about it isn't going to just magically make it happen. Perhaps if you put some work towards it, or found some people that would, it would be a more viable option, but just straight porting BS12 isn't going to happen, because as Glloyd said, huge list of hated things versus a short list of AWESOME things. Until then, can we kindly move this discussion somewhere that is less likely to result in a flame war or something similar?

(Awful pun was awful fun to type.)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9104 on: August 17, 2013, 12:28:32 pm »

Well, I've ported a few small things, like the police tape, but the medical system is so screwed up and scattered, it'd take ages to port even parts of it. A for the hostage system, I've been looking through their files to find the relevant code, but have yet to find it. If you happen to know where it's buried, let me know. Otherwise, I'm just going to need to keep digging.

Nah, it's in there somewhere. I located the icons at one point, I just can't find the actual code. Their .dme is such a mess though.

OK, I got the Hostage system mostly located. The main part of it all is in gun.dme. Take a look at this pull request, it modifies the system, so it has most of the code in place.

https://github.com/Baystation12/Baystation12/pull/587/files
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 1654