Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 604 605 [606] 607 608 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116204 times)

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #9075 on: August 17, 2013, 10:33:23 am »

I... Actually support a change to bay code.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9076 on: August 17, 2013, 10:34:46 am »

DOTA can lick my socks.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9077 on: August 17, 2013, 10:38:57 am »

I think one benefit of a week or two pre- HoP, Hos, and Captain is that it gives the newcomer a chance to familiarize with the regulars, and the regulars a chance to familiarize with the newcomers. I think this is fairly important. If a competent player comes on their first game and plays captain, and Bad Things happen, people might be resentful and doubt their skill, personality conflicts are more likely, etc. Whereas if they have been interacting fora while, people will recognize their ability and be less likely to throw blame at them for every little thing.

I think you have a good point here. I did have a game session where i had to talk to an admin because he wasn't sure what my character was doing in the third game I played on this server other then he thought i might have been preparing to grief (I was doing something other then what he thought, but without context it really did look bad if you didn't actually wait to see what i was going to do).

I haven't had any other moments like that, even when playing the occasional dubious clown/mime, likely since my account is more known i believe.

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9078 on: August 17, 2013, 10:42:34 am »

Ok, super-awesome-newbieguid~

>Did you play COD? get out.
>First game evah? Hit dat observe buttan.
>Familiar with the station layout now? Join as cargotech.
>Push dem crates and get familiar with gamemechanics.
>Be robust as hell (lolz no)

(I actually play COD  :D)

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9079 on: August 17, 2013, 10:44:37 am »

Ok, super-awesome-newbieguid~

>Did you play COD? get out.
>First game evah? Hit dat observe buttan.
>Familiar with the station layout now? Join as cargotech.
>Push dem crates and get familiar with gamemechanics.
>Be robust as hell (lolz no)

(I actually play COD  :D)

If you see R.O.B.U.S.T. as an A.I. option on a PDA?
DO NOT EVER PICK IT.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9080 on: August 17, 2013, 10:46:37 am »

Vladmir. He is your friend.

Trust me.

He isn't a mafia enforcer bound to kill you because of shit... Trust me

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9081 on: August 17, 2013, 10:46:46 am »

I don't support a change to baycode. It's buggier than we have now and the combat has an annoying pain feature.
The only reason you've given is that our rules don't differ much from /tg/, while they actually do. There are plenty of unwritten rules and our playstyle differs from /tg/. If you let people pay HoS on their first time here and they come from /tg/, they won't know that the people on our station know nothing about traitors/lings etc.

Bay medical system is too realistic, /tg/ medical system is too simple. Somebody just needs to make an all-new system.

Also, if your guide consists of "If you play x, get out" it is shit. That is a simple fact. It is not a good mentality ever.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9082 on: August 17, 2013, 10:47:53 am »

Super awesome newbie-guide to antakking~

>Acquire parapen+C4 (aqcuire cigs for +10 badass points)
>Let the hunt begin (even if you have a stealobjective hurdur)

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9083 on: August 17, 2013, 10:49:02 am »

Miauw, I wasn't joking, not at all, nope, no jokes here.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9084 on: August 17, 2013, 10:49:48 am »

Super awesome newbie-guide to antakking~

>Acquire parapen+C4 (aqcuire cigs for +10 badass points)
>Let the hunt begin (even if you have a stealobjective hurdur)

Acquire e-bow+esword
Begin valid killing everyone
Spend 50 minutes making sure you got everyone
Then call shuttle
Recall if you think someone escaped

Sooper anteg guid.

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9085 on: August 17, 2013, 10:54:38 am »

E-bows don't like me.

Now over to you Miauw.

>What bugs.
>Painfeature is solely for RP, you can still see your beloved damaged limbs by examining yourself.
>Tell me what happened to the last person who did ye olde metaHoS  ???
>Too realistic, what the actual fudge m8.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9086 on: August 17, 2013, 11:14:28 am »

I don't support a change to baycode. It's buggier than we have now and the combat has an annoying pain feature.
The only reason you've given is that our rules don't differ much from /tg/, while they actually do. There are plenty of unwritten rules and our playstyle differs from /tg/. If you let people pay HoS on their first time here and they come from /tg/, they won't know that the people on our station know nothing about traitors/lings etc.

Bay medical system is too realistic, /tg/ medical system is too simple. Somebody just needs to make an all-new system.

Also, if your guide consists of "If you play x, get out" it is shit. That is a simple fact. It is not a good mentality ever.

1. I agree. That is all.
2. Hugely different. Go play a few rounds of Facepunch or other TG-esque servers. Last time I did, a janiborg was saying, "If you see someone go into maint with a downed person, they are a ling." Yeah, no, I don't want to play META TO THE MAX rounds.
3. I agree again. It would be nice for the doctors to be more than a walking bruise kit, but I also want to be able to learn how to newdoctor without taking four years of college classes.
4. I agree again. I LOVED COD:MW, Black Ops, and other associated games. I like playing FPS games, juvenile online deathmatchs, and all that assorted crap, yet I don't run around playing for a KDR. More often than not, as antag, I TRY to get caught or at least give everyone a good chance to defeat me. It is more fun for me to see the 'Protagonists' of the crew triumphing over the 'Antagonist' that I am quite adept at playing, than to just get greentext everytime. I can get greentext with ease. It's making a fun and evocative round with depth that is more interesting to me.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9087 on: August 17, 2013, 11:16:28 am »

Now over to you Miauw.

>What bugs. I have no comment as I don't remember playing on a Baystation server recently
>Painfeature is solely for RP, you can still see your beloved damaged limbs by examining yourself. I think he meant on how it pretty much means 'OH HEY YOU GOT SHOT ONCE? WELL YOU AREN'T GONNA LIVE BECAUSE YOU ARE IN PAIN AND MOVING SLOWER AND SHIT'
>Tell me what happened to the last person who did ye olde metaHoS  ??? Banning after a long-winded argument
>Too realistic, what the actual fudge m8. Fine line between fun and realism. While I can understand having a more realistic medical system, from what I've heard it's a bit to realistic to be fun. Of course that doesn't mean everything has to be geared towards fun, as personally I think combining some things from Baystation and some from TG could work if I was able to have a comparison list

ALRIGHT I HAVE RESPONDED. Don't take offense to anything you see, I just wrote my answers in the qoute as it's easier for that type of thing

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9088 on: August 17, 2013, 11:17:39 am »

It's fun but well you know the community is just horrible.

Honestly I don't think we should convert to Baystation's code.
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9089 on: August 17, 2013, 11:19:16 am »

I know 100% that metastation is not gonna be ported, metastations random maintenace scoobydoo-rooms don't fit with Bay.
Also, you apparently wrote the fluff for changelings on Bay, I'm impressed.

You mean Bay doesn't want the rooms. Removing them does not automatically blow up the whole station at the round start. Hell, Metacide could just slap Engineering doors on them, remove everything inside and call them Expansion Areas.

Also, @everyone else, porting the map is more of a matter of adding Bay-only items like, say, Bone Glue, on the map and adding some precautions against air being insta-sucked out of errything since Bay uses a bit more... hardcore Atmos code.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 604 605 [606] 607 608 ... 1654