Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116077 times)

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #8040 on: July 21, 2013, 08:00:40 pm »

There wouldn't happen to be an enterprising sort that knows how to make space station 13 run under Mac, or Wine?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #8041 on: July 21, 2013, 08:14:01 pm »

There wouldn't happen to be an enterprising sort that knows how to make space station 13 run under Mac, or Wine?
You can't, I've tried running it on wine in the Crunchbang OS. Byond just doesn't seem to like working with Wine.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8042 on: July 22, 2013, 03:23:35 am »

Doesn't the download page provide downloads for Linux and Mac?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #8043 on: July 22, 2013, 04:39:03 am »

Doesn't the download page provide downloads for Linux and Mac?
For Byond? There isn't a linux version to my knowledge, I probably would of found it if it was unless I'm stupid, which is a large possibility.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #8044 on: July 22, 2013, 04:56:48 am »

There's a client for linux and mac not for the server though (http://www.byond.com/download/).
1=0

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8045 on: July 22, 2013, 06:07:16 am »

Random suggestion: Glloydstation needs a room with about a dozen sets of laser tag gear for both sides. You can build ED-209s with laser tag equipment instead of actual weapons and they'll attack people on the opposing side. I WILL build an army of laser tag killbots one day, and four sets just doesn't cut it. :P

Is this already in?
Yep.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Empty sandbox servers are kinda creepy, at lack of a better word. Everyone braindead, stuff lying all around, I honestly expect the crew to go un-braindead and start attacking me with sandbox magic. But that won't happen because player controlled.

So true. Though for some reason empty SS13 is less unnerving to me than empty Minecraft SMP world. It's probably some weird human mind thing that if you've seen some place bustling and full of life, when it's empty it feels creepy as hell.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8046 on: July 22, 2013, 07:03:53 am »

Random suggestion: Glloydstation needs a room with about a dozen sets of laser tag gear for both sides. You can build ED-209s with laser tag equipment instead of actual weapons and they'll attack people on the opposing side. I WILL build an army of laser tag killbots one day, and four sets just doesn't cut it. :P

Is this already in?
Yep.

Empty sandbox servers are kinda creepy, at lack of a better word. Everyone braindead, stuff lying all around, I honestly expect the crew to go un-braindead and start attacking me with sandbox magic. But that won't happen because player controlled.

So true. Though for some reason empty SS13 is less unnerving to me than empty Minecraft SMP world. It's probably some weird human mind thing that if you've seen some place bustling and full of life, when it's empty it feels creepy as hell.

I had my fear gland removed about... whenever I started the interwebz. How else do I look at Creepypasta before bed and not have nightmares.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8047 on: July 22, 2013, 07:26:24 am »

Is this already in?
Yep.
I had my fear gland removed about... whenever I started the interwebz. How else do I look at Creepypasta before bed and not have nightmares.
I've had dreams where sections of my town, especially ones that no longer exist that had tons of activity, were absolutely empty. Oddly enough, however, they were very sandboxy locations, like my own version of Garry's Mod. I wasn't creeped out as much as I felt liberated. Toss in some god powers, and now things are interesting.

Belonging more to a dream thread, I would have to admit, driving through the halls of my old school (no longer exists) with one of my old cars at full throttle is fun as hell. And collateral damage? What's that? Man, my old school got torn apart just by my driving alone. Then again, my car was cosmetically indestructible, so not a scratch on the car, but the halls were a completely different story.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 07:28:23 am by Itnetlolor »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8048 on: July 22, 2013, 09:54:07 am »

I love how powerful a single parenthesis is in this code, and really, all kinds of code.

22 ERRORS, 273 WARNINGS.

After adding the single missing parenthesis

2 ERRORS, 0 WARNINGS.

The other two were mistakes when tabbing and a typo.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8049 on: July 22, 2013, 10:10:05 am »

Is this already in?
Yep.

How else do I look at Creepypasta before bed and not have nightmares.
Because they're not scary.

I love how powerful a single parenthesis is in this code, and really, all kinds of code.

22 ERRORS, 273 WARNINGS.

After adding the single missing parenthesis

2 ERRORS, 0 WARNINGS.

The other two were mistakes when tabbing and a typo.
Yeah it tends to be a pretty big pain, Even more if you just made about 250 lines you have to look for the one little missing thing.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8050 on: July 22, 2013, 10:56:48 am »

Gonna do Buddha Hands today, and making Bloody Mary's estranged sister, Bluespace Mary.

Russian Space Dragons now require mindbreaker instead of psilocybin. Hopefully it will decide to mix this time. It also makes more sense, due to the way the drink works (it's closer to mindbreaker than psilocybin.)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 11:13:29 am by Tsuchigumo550 »
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8051 on: July 22, 2013, 11:08:46 am »

Gonna do Buddha Hands today, and making Bloody Mary's estranged sister, Bluespace Mary.
I was wondering, What are you doing for the icons, Are you making them yourself?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8052 on: July 22, 2013, 11:12:37 am »

Bluespace mary should cause a localized bluespace effect when drank. Maybe adding a special disease that can only be cured by Blood Mary.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8053 on: July 22, 2013, 11:15:21 am »

Yeah, the icons are mostly custom, but I am using the other sprites as bases (mostly for the shapes of glasses.) Right now the fruit are... less than pretty. The alcohol is nowhere near as bad, but Dragonfruit are basically pink cocoa pods and starfruit are stars that... look somewhat MS paint-y.

Russian Space Dragons are basically Bahama Mamas without anything sticking out of the glass, that shifts color and fizzes wildly, where Bluespace Mary will sink part-way into a bluespace portal every nine seconds.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 11:19:02 am by Tsuchigumo550 »

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8054 on: July 22, 2013, 11:18:49 am »

Yeah, the icons are mostly custom, but I am using the other sprites as bases (mostly for the shapes of glasses.) Right now the fruit are... less than pretty. The alcohol is nowhere near as bad, but Dragonfruit are basically pink cocoa pods and starfruit are stars that... look somewhat MS paint-y.
If you want I could always try my hand on them. Could you PM the icons you have now, If you want my help that is.
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 1654