Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116079 times)

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #8025 on: July 21, 2013, 11:50:56 am »

--test game problems--
Find the directory where byond.exe resides,run dreamdaemon.exe,set visibility to private,select the compiled package(updated by compiling from byond editor),press go,press yellow sign thing , ??? , profit  or alt-tab to code then just reset the server to test again.

TL;DR: Make private server because it stores all settings.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8026 on: July 21, 2013, 01:01:21 pm »

I'll work with that in a bit, but until I get to MAJOR TESTING NEEDED phase everything is starting to work pretty OK.

I can't post the Russian Space Dragon sprite because I can't get the .gif, but it looks better than the other stuff right now. Gonna try to make it in-game to make sure it works.

And it does not work. Psilocybin does not play well with mixing or something, but Russian Space Dragons fuck you up bad enough to require some kind of drugs.

Spoiler: relevant code snippets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 02:07:28 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8027 on: July 21, 2013, 03:13:18 pm »

Emptay survar.

Busy working. And board games afterwords. Then sleep and more work. I have to have more than 1d6 and 1d20 today.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8028 on: July 21, 2013, 03:19:50 pm »

Random suggestion: Glloydstation needs a room with about a dozen sets of laser tag gear for both sides. You can build ED-209s with laser tag equipment instead of actual weapons and they'll attack people on the opposing side. I WILL build an army of laser tag killbots one day, and four sets just doesn't cut it. :P

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8029 on: July 21, 2013, 03:29:36 pm »

I will make this happen if I get the chance. Maybe we could have hideouts in maint for both teams.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8030 on: July 21, 2013, 03:32:17 pm »

Random suggestion: Glloydstation needs a room with about a dozen sets of laser tag gear for both sides. You can build ED-209s with laser tag equipment instead of actual weapons and they'll attack people on the opposing side. I WILL build an army of laser tag killbots one day, and four sets just doesn't cut it. :P

Is this already in?

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8031 on: July 21, 2013, 03:44:58 pm »

Not sure, but the chassis exist in sandbox in the very least.

Probably going to change up Russian Space Dragon if I can't get the psilocybin working, because the sprite is too pretty compared to everything else I've made right now.

Also got a flower that's got hydronalin (weak anti-radiation damage) in it. Guess what I called it? Go on, guess.

I'll give you a hint. It involves a famous nuclear event and the word "bloom" tacked on the end like it's a bloody Pokemon name.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8032 on: July 21, 2013, 03:46:03 pm »

Is this already in?
Yep.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8033 on: July 21, 2013, 03:47:08 pm »

What happens if you emag them?

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8034 on: July 21, 2013, 03:52:05 pm »

This requires a specially made station of some kind, with two small mini stations, one red and one blue. Then, the (supposed) objective is just to out do the production of the rival station, or wipe it out. Cue turf wars from the crew of blue station attacking Red station, or vice versa.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8035 on: July 21, 2013, 03:57:05 pm »

What happens if you emag them?
They attack everyone they see with an endless barrage of... Laser tag bolts. No damage, but it'll be an extremely annoying stunlock if it hits someone with the other team's vest on.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8036 on: July 21, 2013, 03:58:59 pm »

Though we probably won't see it anyway due to our low pops, Changeling had been overhauled recently.

Notable changes include the removal of parasting and deathsting (and deafsting, for being useless), and the fact that abilities are no longer level-ups - instead, you choose 5 abilities and husking is allows you to respec them.

There is now also a limit on genome pool (4), and they work on FILO system. If you are using the oldest genome, you must change shape. On the other hand, DNA-sting is counts as absorbed genomes.

Finally, Regenerative Stasis is no longer a gamble, since it now lets you choose when do you get back up.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8037 on: July 21, 2013, 04:14:02 pm »

Wait, people dident know about those?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8038 on: July 21, 2013, 04:54:08 pm »

I didn't.

I've been working on a few sprites for later advancements through the week, and I'll share one of the filenames

"flashbangsoda"

I made a soda can look like a flashbang. It probably won't do anything of value, but I do plan to add it to drink machines, possibly as a hackable. You can tell the difference between the two, as the soda cans are two pixels wider and have a curve to them.

If it goes in it's own vendor or something, or I have a sec-food theme vendor (very doubtful) then expect slogans like "Tastes like shitcurity!"

There's now a rainbowriffic red animated drink sprite, which will be made from mutated starfruit. These mutated starfruit are basically regular starfruit, but they glow.

There's now an empty glass with one of those atomic-electron spinny things going around it constantly. I'll fill it with something eventually, possibly with a drink containing hyperzine? We'll find out.

There's plans for a Syndie-themed drink. Moreover, a Chameleon Jumpsuit meets EMP theme.

Also planning a Cult-themed drink. Need to program Buddha Hands in first.

Possibly thinking of doing a Blob-themed drink, possibly something very close to the Booger. Obligatory eww.

Going to try and do something that should have been done a long time ago- apple cider or whatever, in an alcoholic sense.

Going to also do a brewable chernobyloom (mentioned earlier) to increase it's hydronalin output.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8039 on: July 21, 2013, 05:25:56 pm »

Is this already in?
Yep.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

AIs can play lasertag too! Their turrets can be fitted out with laser tag gear instead of a taser/energy gun/laser gun. Their turret being shot takes it out of play for ten seconds.

Also, tip. Laser tag ED-209s are OP as fuck. They can and will shoot through R&D's lab, through the windows, while in escape to shoot you in the lobby. Three times. In a row.

---

Empty sandbox servers are kinda creepy, at lack of a better word. Everyone braindead, stuff lying all around, I honestly expect the crew to go un-braindead and start attacking me with sandbox magic. But that won't happen because player controlled.

-

While doing random magic, I learned that you can mindswap INTO a braindead person, but it leaves your body catatonic and unable to return to it. Don't play with magic, kids.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 06:06:33 pm by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 1654