Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 533 534 [535] 536 537 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116101 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #8010 on: July 20, 2013, 06:37:17 pm »

Tsuchi, you don't need mIRC, try mibbit. Or if you don't want to be web-based, Hexchat. Both are decent (in one way or another), both work reasonably well.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8011 on: July 20, 2013, 06:41:21 pm »

Nah, what I'm getting at, is there's something stopping me from connecting to things with any clients at all, probably on my end. Dragonfruit are 90% done, all I have to do is make the reaction that allows them to be juiced.

Problem is I don't have any idea where that is.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8012 on: July 20, 2013, 06:45:58 pm »

Do you mean you aren't connected to any servers, or are you not getting into any channels?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8013 on: July 20, 2013, 07:11:59 pm »

Possibly both. Which sucks, I may need their help now.

I think I may have accidentally all the code. After making the necessary changes to make dragonfruit juice-able, the game cannot seem to startup. Hoping it's a one-time thing- there did not seem to be any errors when compiling however it was screaming something about nulls and datums- I haven't changed anything in any of those areas. It ran perfectly before making a change in the grinder's data (why that would bork the entire startup, I have no idea, gonna retry in a sec) and it dosen't make sense that it wouldn't work with dream maker up and running (again it had no problems earlier.) I have to continually give it access to files every time I boot it, and I don't have adminpowers on my single-player home server (the game has been spitting out "can't connect to mySQL server at (IP address)) so it takes quite a while to test every little thing.

Giving BYOND access over and over eats up a LOT of time.
Huh, banlist refused to load or something. The popup asking if BYOND could read and write to it looked like it appeared three times.

Code: [Select]
runtime error: Cannot execute null.setup().
proc name: New (/world/New)
  source file: world.dm,82
  usr: null
  src:
  call stack:
: New()
: New()

This bullshit. I think it's what's breaking everything, but what the hell is it? No idea.

Geometry is also taking an ass of time to process this time around. It seems to get slower every time? 64 seconds, compared to 10 last time, using the exact same files...
And shit, it's got to be completely broken.
Code: [Select]
runtime error: Cannot execute null.process().
proc name: setup (/datum/controller/gameticker/proc/setup)
  source file: gameticker.dm,120
  usr: null
  src: /datum/controller/gameticker (/datum/controller/gameticker)
  call stack:
/datum/controller/gameticker (/datum/controller/gameticker): setup()
/datum/controller/gameticker (/datum/controller/gameticker): pregame()
/datum/controller/game_control... (/datum/controller/game_controller): setup()

That WON'T stop coming up. It spams itself every second or so without actually booting the game. I might need some serious help here, and I'll have to start over if I have to revert back to an older version. Fucks all around.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8014 on: July 20, 2013, 07:16:39 pm »

Go here, pick Rizon from the dropdown, and join #coderbus. I'm pretty sure thats the coder channel.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8015 on: July 20, 2013, 07:19:43 pm »

Clicking "connect" does absolutely nothing- maybe five plus minutes later, the page just tells me I can't connect. Tried before still trying.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8016 on: July 20, 2013, 08:30:12 pm »

Gave myself homeserver admin powers. This WILL be used only for testing purposes and should be totally removed when I make the final upload.

Dragonfruit are working properly, kinda. They have a missing sprite and I may need to either lower the grow cycles or use cloned sprites.

As admin I'm getting a bunch of messages about the Master Controller and Lighting Controller not firing. Is this a problem or just the fact Im running a single-player server that isn't really connected to anything?

Edit- Pitaya (dragonfruit) juice is indeed juice-able, but is way too light. There may be a lot of work ahead for colors of juices, though, the very-much-white juice almost makes sense so I'm leaving it (dragonfruits have white insides with black seeds.)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 08:32:52 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8017 on: July 20, 2013, 08:43:54 pm »

Woah. Cant wait to throw those as a mime.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8018 on: July 20, 2013, 09:04:30 pm »

Pitaya Vodka is apparently something I didn't hook up right- the game knows there's a reaction but creates nothing of it, probably because I never set a liquid for it to actually turn into.

So adding vodka to pitaya juice makes both turn into nothing. This will be fixed.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8019 on: July 20, 2013, 09:17:54 pm »

Pitaya Vodka is apparently something I didn't hook up right- the game knows there's a reaction but creates nothing of it, probably because I never set a liquid for it to actually turn into.

So adding vodka to pitaya juice makes both turn into nothing. This will be fixed.

Should be fixed now. Going to compile and leave for now- I'll worry about cloning the sprites tomorrow. Next up is Star Fruit which should be the exact same process, and then an addition of "The Purple Dragon" which is Pitaya Juice + Starfruit Juice + Vodka + Space Drugs or Psycoblin + Something like soda water, equal amounts.

Misc Notes- I'll be changing some machine slogans, possibly adding new vending machine options in general, possibly adding different sprites for the involved items (unlikely). Right now the additions list in order is Star Fruit, Buddha Hand, mutations of the new plants, a flower or two, everything else.

Aaaaand Pitaya Vodka is not showing up as it's name or sprite, instead choosing to be a glass of... what?
I assume it just means that I need code somewhere indicating that it should look special when put in a glass, but again, that's work for tomorrow.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 10:03:29 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8020 on: July 20, 2013, 10:41:16 pm »

Makeshift rev round. The revs ambush HoP Blyant and RD Alina in the hallway with energy guns, and I get hit in the crossfire. I have an energy gun because Alina didn't want a radioactive deathtrap, and I get up and stun the two Revs, killing one in the process.

Quartermaster Fryer: Don't catch him in the crossfire. It ends badly for you.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8021 on: July 21, 2013, 03:36:41 am »

Well, time to go play on a empty server.
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8022 on: July 21, 2013, 10:26:00 am »

Doing this blindly is both incredibly helpful and making everything painfully slow.

It means I have to dig around for everything I want to do, but it also means I'm learning what makes what do what it does. Meaning it took me three days to make one fruit (should speed up a bit now) but it should also be stable.

Unfortunately, I cannot seem to make test games boot reliably or quickly. Not only do I need to explicitly tell the game that it can access every file in the folder it's in individually, there's also a pretty good chance that something fucks up during compiling or something and makes the game completely break (in an area I have not and will not change- the only large change I've made is deleting Urist McStation completely to get it to run) and need to be recompiled. I'm 90% sure it's not human error, as the problem went away by simply recompiling even though I didn't change anything.

At least Dragonfruit should now be done. One of the growth phases is extremely close to another one and if I'm missing more than one, expect clones. To you, all this means is that the plant looks like it's growing much slower near harvest-time.

Also, admins. What's the command to give yourself all-access? I found it one time and can't into admin commands.

The first special drink is about ready, entitled the Russian Space Dragon.  "Named not only after what it's made of, but also what you'll see after drinking it."

In a fit of madness, I've made the Russian Space Dragon an animated sprite. It shifts color slightly in diagonal bars, as well as fizzes like an old cartoon drink, like mini fireworks.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 12:58:10 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8023 on: July 21, 2013, 11:45:07 am »

Russian Space Dragon

Vladmir Dimitri is proud.

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8024 on: July 21, 2013, 11:48:52 am »

Emptay survar.
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?
Pages: 1 ... 533 534 [535] 536 537 ... 1654