Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116597 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #6120 on: May 27, 2013, 10:27:42 am »

Has blood type ever mattered ever?
Nothing important here, move along.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6121 on: May 27, 2013, 10:30:27 am »

It matters on the servers with more complicated medical systems, where you can bleed out and such.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6122 on: May 27, 2013, 10:49:15 am »

It matters on the servers with more complicated medical systems, where you can bleed out and such.

Getting the enhanced medical system into our server something of a goal for me. But don't expect it to happen soon. Nien was working on it, then got busy with other things. I'd started on it, but then got distracted by the new map I'm working on. Karlito said he might give it a shot, so we'll see how it goes...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6123 on: May 27, 2013, 11:09:58 am »

Getting the enhanced medical system into our server something of a goal for me. But don't expect it to happen soon. Nien was working on it, then got busy with other things. I'd started on it, but then got distracted by the new map I'm working on. Karlito said he might give it a shot, so we'll see how it goes...

What's the actual main problem with it? What does it rely on that makes us unable to just copypaste it?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6124 on: May 27, 2013, 11:12:15 am »

What's the actual main problem with it? What does it rely on that makes us unable to just copypaste it?

A few things. The code is scattered all around their files first off. Second, a decent amount of BS12 code is incompatible with /tg/ code.

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6125 on: May 27, 2013, 11:17:37 am »

To the player of Steve Steveson, you are a true hero, that is all.

That would be me.

And there is a fine line between hero and idiot.  I think I normally fall on the wrong side.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6126 on: May 27, 2013, 11:27:21 am »

To the player of Steve Steveson, you are a true hero, that is all.

That would be me.

And there is a fine line between hero and idiot.  I think I normally fall on the wrong side.

The difference between a hero and an idiot is the success of a single disarm/push. If you succeed, you are a hero, if you fail, you are an idiot, and a dead idiot at that.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6127 on: May 27, 2013, 12:17:54 pm »

Wait. Genetics swaps genders now? That's retarded.

I mean, I get how it might accidentally duplicate the X chromosome, and lose the Y... maybe. But how do you accidentally go from XX to XY? HOW?

Long arm deletion on the second X chromosome.
The differences between the two are a bit more significant than that...
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6128 on: May 27, 2013, 12:27:58 pm »

Not to mention the fact that swapping out the chromosome at adulthood wouldn't be sufficient. The really big effects are prenatal.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6129 on: May 27, 2013, 12:30:44 pm »

Do note that this happens during cloning.

Any change to the chromosome is applied directly to the body.

((No, this doesn't make much sense, as it ignores all the tags and such.))

Inscribed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6130 on: May 27, 2013, 12:43:21 pm »

I was under the impression one was simply made female by the system, not had ones gender swapped. So males became female, but females remained female.

Maybe I am just sitting here with that impression because most of the time someone gets cloned and the change is noticed, they used to be dudes...

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6131 on: May 27, 2013, 02:31:36 pm »

I was under the impression one was simply made female by the system, not had ones gender swapped. So males became female, but females remained female.

Maybe I am just sitting here with that impression because most of the time someone gets cloned and the change is noticed, they used to be dudes...
Nope, you just become opposite gender... however making males become female and females remain female might be hilarious fun if added.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6132 on: May 27, 2013, 02:34:43 pm »

Not to mention the fact that swapping out the chromosome at adulthood wouldn't be sufficient. The really big effects are prenatal.

Thou shalt not assume Real Life logic to apply to SS13. I just Handwaved the problem. But you are playing a game where you can inject someone with DNA to give them Telekinesis or with a virus that causes an urge to HONK.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6133 on: May 27, 2013, 02:49:52 pm »

Nope, you genderswap. Lillian becomes a man every time I get cloned, just like Axl becomes Axlette.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6134 on: May 27, 2013, 03:07:17 pm »

Note to self: Borg is awesome.

No mess with all this cloning stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 1654