Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116476 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #6150 on: May 27, 2013, 07:09:29 pm »

I played a massive drunkard that round, with a Chem pass just to get high.

Party grenades. I made Space Drugs Smoke grenades.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6151 on: May 27, 2013, 07:33:32 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Goddamnit. It didn't even work and I was turned into a fly man.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6152 on: May 27, 2013, 07:48:25 pm »

Hey guess what? when someone stops posting sorta IC shit in OOC dont fucking mute them. because I STOPED.
FOR A LONG TIME.

Chris won that round. no death but he missed the pods.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 07:52:30 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6153 on: May 27, 2013, 08:12:48 pm »

[Redacted. I'm not an admin, but IC in OOC pisses me off.]

Anyways, twas a great Ling round. I ate Joe Muggins and the Roboticist in Illicit, then I ate Ellie Freed, another Ling, inside the morgue, then I ate Alina Koch in the bar. Then I made the mistake of asking Crispin Reynolds if he wanted to be eaten, and he evaded me until the shuttle arrived.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

WarderSkyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • That Incompetent Troublemaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6154 on: May 27, 2013, 08:29:22 pm »

First time I have ever been scared while playing SS13.

Spoiler: Storytime! (click to show/hide)

And I just realized that out of all of my characters, Crispin has the highest survival rate. Seriously he survived a betrayal by another traitor, managed to escape from Axl while cuffed in the brig as a cultist. And now. Now he was the only survivor of a changeling infiltration.
I guess he deserves this.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 08:40:48 pm by WarderSkyfire »
Think fast, act faster.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6155 on: May 27, 2013, 08:35:27 pm »

It matters on the servers with more complicated medical systems, where you can bleed out and such.

Getting the enhanced medical system into our server something of a goal for me. But don't expect it to happen soon. Nien was working on it, then got busy with other things. I'd started on it, but then got distracted by the new map I'm working on. Karlito said he might give it a shot, so we'll see how it goes...

What's the actual main problem with it? What does it rely on that makes us unable to just copypaste it?

A few things. The code is scattered all around their files first off. Second, a decent amount of BS12 code is incompatible with /tg/ code.
There are probably about 30 files where changes need to be made, and in some places the file structures aren't even comparable, which makes things pretty difficult. Having looked into what it would take, I can say it's definitely a Megaproject.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6156 on: May 27, 2013, 08:57:38 pm »

It matters on the servers with more complicated medical systems, where you can bleed out and such.

Getting the enhanced medical system into our server something of a goal for me. But don't expect it to happen soon. Nien was working on it, then got busy with other things. I'd started on it, but then got distracted by the new map I'm working on. Karlito said he might give it a shot, so we'll see how it goes...

What's the actual main problem with it? What does it rely on that makes us unable to just copypaste it?

A few things. The code is scattered all around their files first off. Second, a decent amount of BS12 code is incompatible with /tg/ code.
There are probably about 30 files where changes need to be made, and in some places the file structures aren't even comparable, which makes things pretty difficult. Having looked into what it would take, I can say it's definitely a Megaproject.

Yeah... There's a ton of changes that it includes, which is why it irks me when people just handwave it as a copypaste job. The medical system changes the way organs work entirely, as well as adding a new "organ" --blood. It also turns humans into containers, with blood as a reagent inside of them, which caused a ton of bugs when it was first introduced. Notably, if you ate enzymes and drank milk, you would shit out cheese.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 09:22:47 pm by Glloyd »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6157 on: May 27, 2013, 09:16:34 pm »

I have to say, as bugs go, shitting cheese is pretty awesome.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6158 on: May 27, 2013, 09:23:46 pm »

I just killed Pun Pun, then couldn't stop pulling his dead body around so I Spaced myself

OOC: Rabidgam3r: SS13 in one sentence.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Revaewv

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6159 on: May 27, 2013, 09:54:15 pm »

I'm new to the game, and have played about three times as Justin Case. I've had a lot of fun, and plan on playing more. I'm not very good at the game yet, and the Role playing is new to me, but I think I can get it. I also very much enjoy the community, reading some of this thread.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6160 on: May 27, 2013, 10:17:10 pm »

Just had a wonderful round as Crime Mime, Mime What Commits Crimes and Photographs Them.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6161 on: May 27, 2013, 11:00:45 pm »

Heh, that was fun. I'm Captain Blyant, sent to kill the mime on board. As I wander around, hanging with Alina (including paper hunts), doing captain things, the mime turns out to be a pretty cool guy. I dick around for a good chunk of the round until a certain Jay Wright, loaded down with syndie items, suffering from amnesia, and apparently becoming retarded in about two minutes, boards the ship. We take him to the brig, seize everything he has, and he runs off. I go to telecomms looking for him, where I find the mime and his pAI jacking the door. He has a security hardsuit on. I draw my gun, he draws his. I tase him, he runs into maintenance and sprays some lube on the floor. I run in there, slip on the lube, sit on the floor more... I get up and go to the solar access, where he welded the door.

I unweld it, go in, see him breaking the window down, and tase him. I put cable restraints on him, nearly lose him when he gets out of them and tases me again, and finally put him in cuffs that I found in his box. I give him a speech that boils down to "business is business," and fire him out the incinerator disposal.

Since I had taken Jay's syndicate uplink (The operative variety, but he bought a balloon so 30 points were left) I decided to roll the dice and bought three syndie bundles. Two murder sets (thermals, no-slip shoes, sword, emag) and a Dark Lord bundle. As I'm shuffling boxes, sorting my bundle, Alina walks in my quarters (through a set of secret doors made by the engineer) and takes no notice to the stuff all over the floor. From there, we ran to the shuttle and waited for the round to end.

I also emagged the bar's arcade machine around the start of the round. I think it gibbed someone, too. The clown?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 11:03:18 pm by Jacob/Lee »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6162 on: May 27, 2013, 11:08:03 pm »

Is it just me or do Alina and femAxl usually come in a pair?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6163 on: May 27, 2013, 11:10:08 pm »

Yeah... There's a ton of changes that it includes, which is why it irks me when people just handwave it as a copypaste job. The medical system changes the way organs work entirely, as well as adding a new "organ" --blood. It also turns humans into containers, with blood as a reagent inside of them, which caused a ton of bugs when it was first introduced. Notably, if you ate enzymes and drank milk, you would shit out cheese.

It sounds like the Chef is almost worthless. Don't do that.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6164 on: May 27, 2013, 11:11:51 pm »

It sounds like the Chef is almost worthless. Don't do that.
Not really. Looks like the Chef has a new use for Assistants! Tie them up and use them as cheese factories!
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 1654