Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116526 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #6105 on: May 26, 2013, 10:05:16 pm »

Oh also I think everyone is in favor of reverting genetics back to its old state?
OH GOD YES. Anything other than having all junk genes and disabilities.

So, you can only work Genetics if you magicooly know all the bad blocks (which is pretty meta, really)? Instead of, say, doing RESEARCH?

It's really not hard, but you have to be systematic, keep a backup of a clean SE and just test each block for its effects like a researcher you are.

The amount of good and bad blocks is exactly the same, so it's not like that changed, and as for not being able to modify blocks - max power and 4-5 duration seems like a good combo that will not be a blind shot on a random block (duration 1) and yet is short enough to not bore you to death (duration 15).

Also, step one: find the only high block on the freshly handpicked money - that's step two. Step one is MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND HEXADECIMAL. Unless you do, you will never know what all the letters mean, and why 0F0 is lower than 100. Then find the high block in the monkey's DNA and irradiate it until it turns human.
Yes, but some rounds the RNG gods despise you, and you get Cold Resistance, and three copies of strangeness. Genetics is the most RNG based job, and, honestly, that is not fun.

WarderSkyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • That Incompetent Troublemaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6106 on: May 26, 2013, 10:55:23 pm »

Due to Glloyd's kindness I managed to obtain Syndicate gear as a traitor. The alias 'Delta 179' was created.

It was an awesome round for me, fleeing from Axl after stunning her and stuff. Highlights included me raiding the armory and stealing everything, kidnapping Lilian, stunning Axl multiple times, blowing the borgs, stunning Axl some more, then robbing CentComm's officials gear (For some reason the pulse m1 disappeared...), Lilian ended up blowing up the Bridge trying to kill me. Didn't work. Climax was something along the lines of me capturing Axl and locking her into a pod. Then I rushed back to escape, where my comrade was waiting. We boarded the shuttle after killing someone unimportant. Lilian decided to try and get revenge and attempted to board with an energy gun. She (or I should say he at this point) stunned my comrade and got up, took one step onto the shuttle. Then immediately got stunned by me, then got lasered to crit. I got out of my chair and tossed her into Shika. My comrade spaced himself in order for me to complete my objective which is to escape alone.

WarderSkyfire was Crispin Reynolds
Objective 1: Steal reactive armor. Success!
Objective 2: Hijack the shuttle by escaping alone. Success!
The traitor has succeeded!

Also screenie I took when Crispin was chilling in CentComm.
Spoiler: Ah the nostalgia (click to show/hide)
That's a thermal eyepatch I looted!
Think fast, act faster.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6107 on: May 26, 2013, 11:41:17 pm »

Due to Glloyd's kindness I managed to obtain Syndicate gear as a traitor. The alias 'Delta 179' was created.

It was an awesome round for me, fleeing from Axl after stunning her and stuff. Highlights included me raiding the armory and stealing everything, kidnapping Lilian, stunning Axl multiple times, blowing the borgs, stunning Axl some more, then robbing CentComm's officials gear (For some reason the pulse m1 disappeared...), Lilian ended up blowing up the Bridge trying to kill me. Didn't work. Climax was something along the lines of me capturing Axl and locking her into a pod. Then I rushed back to escape, where my comrade was waiting. We boarded the shuttle after killing someone unimportant. Lilian decided to try and get revenge and attempted to board with an energy gun. She (or I should say he at this point) stunned my comrade and got up, took one step onto the shuttle. Then immediately got stunned by me, then got lasered to crit. I got out of my chair and tossed her into Shika. My comrade spaced himself in order for me to complete my objective which is to escape alone.

WarderSkyfire was Crispin Reynolds
Objective 1: Steal reactive armor. Success!
Objective 2: Hijack the shuttle by escaping alone. Success!
The traitor has succeeded!

Also screenie I took when Crispin was chilling in CentComm.
Spoiler: Ah the nostalgia (click to show/hide)
That's a thermal eyepatch I looted!

'Twas a traitor round with a storyline. My favourite part was when the shuttle crashed into the station and Axl tried to save the survivors.

We were both deaf... But this is how it went "I don't think I'll make it..." "Tell my wife... I love her... Fight... On..."

"Unknown falls limp, dead and lifeless"

Axl:"There were... No survivors..."

In other news, apparently massive amounts of toxin damage at once causes you to explode. Like actually explode. Damaging floor tiles and whatnot.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6108 on: May 26, 2013, 11:47:20 pm »

If you take enough damage of any kind your body will be destroyed, I believe. I know I've seen someone sliced up so much with an energy sword that they were gibbed at least once. I might be wrong, though, so don't take what I say as the ultimate truth. It could have very well been a fluke of timing, or even a different server from long ago.

I doubt you'll be able to beat a changeling to gibs before it can resurrect, if nothing else.
Nothing important here, move along.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6109 on: May 26, 2013, 11:52:56 pm »

Syndicate agents (of the nuke variety) have self-destruct charges in them that makes them go pop should they die, or something like that. If there's some admin button that automagically produces and arms an operative, it'll add that.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6110 on: May 26, 2013, 11:56:19 pm »

Well, the victim wasn't even a traitor, much less a syndicate operative, so it couldn't have been that.
Nothing important here, move along.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6111 on: May 27, 2013, 12:25:21 am »

If you take enough damage of any kind your body will be destroyed, I believe. I know I've seen someone sliced up so much with an energy sword that they were gibbed at least once. I might be wrong, though, so don't take what I say as the ultimate truth. It could have very well been a fluke of timing, or even a different server from long ago.

I doubt you'll be able to beat a changeling to gibs before it can resurrect, if nothing else.
I've seen people stabbed into gibs before with a knife, so it seems realistic at least for brute damage.
Nom nom nom

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6112 on: May 27, 2013, 12:34:34 am »

I've seen people stabbed into gibs before with a knife, so it seems realistic at least for brute damage.

I was a nuke op. It all makes sense now.

Also, brute damage just mangles the hell out of them, doesn't gib. The kitchen knife gibs though.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6113 on: May 27, 2013, 12:35:27 am »

the kitchen knife just became a WAY better weapon in my mind...
Nom nom nom

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6114 on: May 27, 2013, 12:38:31 am »

... It only does basic brute, like 10 or 5 or whatever. So it's better to kill them with like a fire axe, THEN use the knife on them.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6115 on: May 27, 2013, 01:26:53 am »

a few things i noticed with the character setup screen:

-how about adding a button for "always random body? yes/no" additionally to the "always random name? yes/no" choice.

-randomizing the body always seem to default to "backpack" never to "satchel".

-the blood type cant be chosen, it is always blood type A+. randomizing the body doesnt change it either.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6116 on: May 27, 2013, 03:41:47 am »

... It only does basic brute, like 10 or 5 or whatever. So it's better to kill them with like a fire axe, THEN use the knife on them.

Maest0r Chef tip: hack the kitchen vending machine. You get a butcher's knife which deals 15 damage (on par with the axe; ordinary knife does 10) AND gibs corpses.

Blood types are meaningless because /tg/ did not give a fuck about realistic Medical, so it is a placeholder. On BS12 medical it works, with serological conflicts and transfusions.

As for Genetics: just set the damn thing up properly. High power to make any mutations meaningful and as much duration as you can tolerate for precision. Like I said, 15/5 works for me. Also, there is only one Strangeness block, if you keep getting it, you have a damaged buffer or use too short duration. (duration = less chance of wrong block mutating, decreases spread).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6117 on: May 27, 2013, 05:26:58 am »

Only two people started on one round: Alina and I. I was the traitor, sent to kill her. I was the captain, she was the chemist. What happens? We screw around the entire game. Corrupt ourselves by putting on the color purple (the color of EVIIIIL), play laser tag, fight giant spiders, torch Ian in a napalm inferno, taunt Beepsky, taunt Killbot Mark TWO (made from Beepsky's parts), and finally harass the clown chief engineer. She draws a gun, fires into the computer he's sitting at, and says "I'm coming for yooooouuu~" Cue him running laps around the bridge before hiding in engineering.

There, he threatens to release the singularity to end the shift. We go down there and confront him, where Alina shoots him in the face with said laser. She kills Poly and we bust him one last time after he jacked up the PA. Stop him, I say I'll call the shuttle, and we continued messing with Beepsky until the shuttle docks and we board. Since the clown presumably took the engineering pod, we were the only ones on board. It was there where I admitted by mission to kill Alina. She seemed to care the seconds immediately following my admission, but then asks if I had any cool gear at my disposal. :P Late night, low-pop rounds are hilarious.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6118 on: May 27, 2013, 09:03:43 am »

That was a funny round. You forgot to mention how I hacked telecoms so that all chatter turned into HONK!'s.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6119 on: May 27, 2013, 10:24:31 am »

-the blood type cant be chosen, it is always blood type A+. randomizing the body doesnt change it either.

Not always, it differs between some characters. But as it is, blood type has no use on our server anyways. (yet)
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 1654