Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124358 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5355 on: May 14, 2013, 11:25:16 pm »

So, apparently standard advice for newcomers is, "Don't fight Hans." o.o
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5356 on: May 14, 2013, 11:26:48 pm »

So, apparently standard advice for newcomers is, "Don't fight Hans." o.o
Considering that you stuck my lifeless corpse into a back room locker before I could say "hello", I'd say that's good advice.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5357 on: May 14, 2013, 11:29:35 pm »

One round, I killed Rabid before ANYONE COULD DO ANYTHING.

Glloyd or Redfox joined later, read the Admin log, and posted it. It went like this:

0000: Start of Log.
0009: Ron McMurrican has died.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: May 14, 2013, 11:44:46 pm »

Poor Ron, although he was destined to piss us all off later next round...

The first time I fought you the whole crew hunted me down with axes and spears so I generally think its good advice

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5359 on: May 15, 2013, 12:02:53 am »

Not fair! Cargo can sever itself and do whatever the fuck it wants if the QM commands it and the rest of the station can't? TWO THINGS NEEDED: 1. A way of getting resources APART from mining the asteroid (since cargonia controls it) and 2. MORE AUTOLATHES ON THE STATION!

An autolathe is one of the first things I research and make as Scientist or RD.

You can get to the asteroid by jumping out of the station or hopping in a mass driver. Both are easily done by an Engineer. Atmosia!

What Cargonia lacks is a microwave and meat spike. We are willing to trade with the kitchen and botany via the mail/disposals system. Do not attempt to waylay our MULE's when they are on their journey. The next one might run you over. On this server we take cash and hot cooked meals in exchange for raw materials.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5360 on: May 15, 2013, 12:03:43 am »

Not fair! Cargo can sever itself and do whatever the fuck it wants if the QM commands it and the rest of the station can't? TWO THINGS NEEDED: 1. A way of getting resources APART from mining the asteroid (since cargonia controls it) and 2. MORE AUTOLATHES ON THE STATION!

I suppose the engineers could mine unused parts of the station for more metal (plus they start with a bunch), and they can access an autolathe board in tech storage.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5361 on: May 15, 2013, 12:07:08 am »

I suppose the engineers could mine unused parts of the station for more metal (plus they start with a bunch), and they can access an autolathe board in tech storage.
The engineers just cut power off to the rest of the station till they get what they want.  That or prep N2O floods and such.  Atmosia and Engineering don't break away so much when going independant, they just hold people at ransom.
Nom nom nom

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5362 on: May 15, 2013, 12:07:47 am »

You can get to the asteroid by jumping out of the station or hopping in a mass driver. Both are easily done by an Engineer. Atmosia!

What Cargonia lacks is a microwave and meat spike. We are willing to trade with the kitchen and botany via the mail/disposals system. Do not attempt to waylay our MULE's when they are on their journey. On this server we take cash and hot cooked meals in exchange for raw materials.

Yeah, if the botanist wants to get going on cash trees, they quickly become the QM's best friend. I regularly do cash trees whenever there's a QM and I do hydroponics, although part of the hassle about it is getting crates to Cargo Bay and also getting crates to put the cash in. If I manage to get a large amount of cooperation from the QM, though, they can easily reach 2000 cargo points or so, unless the cash-for-points thing was changed, haha.
Also often called Boowells.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5363 on: May 15, 2013, 12:11:20 am »

We totally need to do a tribal/rival factions round. Preferably sometime we can get a fuckton of people on.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5364 on: May 15, 2013, 12:13:19 am »

We totally need to do a tribal/rival factions round. Preferably sometime we can get a fuckton of people on.
I completely support this.  It'd be pretty damned cool.
Nom nom nom

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: May 15, 2013, 12:16:55 am »

I predict intense war between the RD and cargo.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5366 on: May 15, 2013, 12:22:06 am »

What Cargonia lacks is a microwave and meat spike. We are willing to trade with the kitchen and botany via the mail/disposals system. Do not attempt to waylay our MULE's when they are on their journey. On this server we take cash and hot cooked meals in exchange for raw materials.

Yeah, if the botanist wants to get going on cash trees, they quickly become the QM's best friend. I regularly do cash trees whenever there's a QM and I do hydroponics, although part of the hassle about it is getting crates to Cargo Bay and also getting crates to put the cash in. If I manage to get a large amount of cooperation from the QM, though, they can easily reach 2000 cargo points or so, unless the cash-for-points thing was changed, haha.

We have drug MULE's for just such an occasion! MULE's can be told to not return home, so they can be loaded and unloaded. Cash does fit in boxes, just not as many as fit in a crate and it's a tedious load and unload.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5367 on: May 15, 2013, 12:34:22 am »

MULES can be a bit finicky though. The botanist could be given a package wrap and a destination tagger and then mail a crate full of cash to Cargo every so often. All Cargo has to do is send back an empty crate.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5368 on: May 15, 2013, 12:37:47 am »

MULES can be a bit finicky though. The botanist could be given a package wrap and a destination tagger and then mail a crate full of cash to Cargo every so often. All Cargo has to do is send back an empty crate.

Hydroponics really doesn't need either of those. To be honest, I think the best solution would be to request an engineer or an atmos tech to unweld and unwrench the disposal chute in the corner and put in one of the sideways disposal chutes like from mining or disposals, so that the botanist can just push a crate through. It'll end up at the Delivery Office anyway. All stuff sent through the disposals system usually does, and the crates can't fit through the regular chutes, IIRC.
Also often called Boowells.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5369 on: May 15, 2013, 01:22:57 am »

Xenobiology can Sort of replace mining. They can produce their own metal, plasteel and plasma. Actually Xenobiology can pretty much go independant. They can make their own food, their own power, their own explosives and weaponw. Their own private army. Hell, Xenosia played correctly with enough time could just tell the entire station to do its bidding or it will release an army of aliums or some shit. Main problem is you kinda really need two people full time to run all six cages without running yourself ragged recycling monkey corpses and processing all the extraneous offspring. And getting access to your APC. Could always bribe the Captain with a pet slime I guess.

Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 1654