Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124229 times)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5370 on: May 15, 2013, 01:26:56 am »

Xenobiology can Sort of replace mining. They can produce their own metal, plasteel and plasma. Actually Xenobiology can pretty much go independant. They can make their own food, their own power, their own explosives and weaponw. Their own private army. Hell, Xenosia played correctly with enough time could just tell the entire station to do its bidding or it will release an army of aliums or some shit. Main problem is you kinda really need two people full time to run all six cages without running yourself ragged recycling monkey corpses and processing all the extraneous offspring. And getting access to your APC. Could always bribe the Captain with a pet slime I guess.

Access to the APC is somewhat easy. Unscrew panel, pulse wires until you unlock it. The only problem arises when you accidentally short the power, which means you have to cut and reconnect the wire. I don't think you need insulated gloves to do that much, but I could totally be wrong there.
Also often called Boowells.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: May 15, 2013, 01:47:20 am »

So, uh, bug report: If an energy gun is in a charger, the AI can click the charger and the gun will go to the AI's hand and (maybe?) out of the charger. Once this happens, the AI can lock/unlock lockers by clicking on them, place the gun in a locker to spawn new guns (!!!) and beat people/items adjacent to it with the gun.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: May 15, 2013, 01:48:09 am »

Well, that's useful.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: May 15, 2013, 01:49:32 am »

Protip: Don't be the Owl, you'll get lynched for being it  :(.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: May 15, 2013, 01:50:42 am »

Haaaaah (long sigh), that was an intensely satisfying round.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5375 on: May 15, 2013, 02:08:25 am »

Taht round was fun for me too, Glloyd turned me into the Owl and I just wandered the station looking creepy at people, then for some reason the janitor announces he is planning on stopping the owl-infestation.
He  plants beartraps while the the hallways go dark, step into one and stun him, QM tries flashing me for some reason and meddocs come in with syringe guns filled with chloral, escape, recharge guns and then the AI decides to lock me in the sec post of science, RD walls me in with a RCD, fire warning shots, escape again, for some reason the AI let people carry around energyguns, get stunned again, stripped, locked in the tiny room next to the morgue, they forgot to take of my backpack filled with guns,flashes and cuffs, badly hurt, get to medbay to heal myself doctor beats me to death.

That was it in short, sorry for the poor structure of the text but gotta go.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: May 15, 2013, 02:38:00 am »

Not fair! Cargo can sever itself and do whatever the fuck it wants if the QM commands it and the rest of the station can't? TWO THINGS NEEDED: 1. A way of getting resources APART from mining the asteroid (since cargonia controls it) and 2. MORE AUTOLATHES ON THE STATION!

I suppose the engineers could mine unused parts of the station for more metal (plus they start with a bunch), and they can access an autolathe board in tech storage.
The engineers just cut power off to the rest of the station till they get what they want.  That or prep N2O floods and such.  Atmosia and Engineering don't break away so much when going independant, they just hold people at ransom.

Cargonia can order tonnes of Internals, if needed. Also, vent welding. If Engineeria cuts power, nobody has it. And then Engineeria is invaded by angry Cargonians with riot shotguns.

Medbayans are next to useless, if not for Chemistry, but even then, they are mostly the ACTUAL supply department in a situation like that, with their meds, grenades and human enchancement, either via engineered viruses or Genetics. Generally, Medbaya, Botania and Falconia (Bar+Kitchen) should form a single, merchant nation if they want to have any real leverage.

Libraria and Chapelia are the Switzerland of departments, along with Arrivals, appendices to the main hallway more than anything.

Researchia is quite powerful, but depends on other departments, mostly for chemicals and, if used wastefully, Monkey Cubes. Of course, it has Robotics, which are pretty damn powerful; on the other hand, Medbayan-Cargonian alliance will make short work of all mechs with EMP. There is also Toxins, and a competent Toxin Scientist allied with competent Atmosian can produce a world-shattering KABOOM.

In comparison, Security does not really have a lot of power - yes, they start with weapons and armor, but they are a brute-force faction, with no real productive capabilities or bargaining power, unless they want to pawn their own batons.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: May 15, 2013, 02:57:20 am »

The MULEs are the easiest to hack, you even start with a multitool. Pulse wires until the loading bay clunks, cut that wire. If the drive motor whines, cut one of the wires.

Also, you don't HAVE to play captain as HoP if there isn't a captain.

On the other hand, if you have no idea what you're doing, hacking a MULE may result in... unpleasantness. Of the messy, fun kind. Which, of course, is of use to traitor, but been ages since I have seen it used like that.

Also, if you are quick, you can sprint for a coin and get Insulated Gloves. Which are THE accessory for hacking, rendering you invincible to shocks from wires.
You can order those too.

Yet another reason Cargo rules everything. Especially traitor or all-access Cargo. Aliens? Hostile operatives? Say hello to my little friend, riot shotgun. Need to hack something? Electrical Maintenance crate. Virologist wants to create a transhumanizing virus? Haul ass to as(s)teroid. Cargonia with enough access is more independent than the famously separatistic Atmosia.
Except you need to get an emitter from Engineeria to open locked crates.

Emitters open locked crates? How, if I may ask?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: May 15, 2013, 03:03:22 am »

Emitters shoot lasers and if a crate is hit by a laser, it can be destroyed.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: May 15, 2013, 03:22:01 am »

Cargonia can already (sort of) easily hack their way into armory or the bar.

The only people who could reliably stop a complete Cargonia victory of force is the AI and Securia, and that's just because they have more force.
Nothing important here, move along.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5380 on: May 15, 2013, 03:23:42 am »

The MULEs are the easiest to hack, you even start with a multitool. Pulse wires until the loading bay clunks, cut that wire. If the drive motor whines, cut one of the wires.

Also, you don't HAVE to play captain as HoP if there isn't a captain.

On the other hand, if you have no idea what you're doing, hacking a MULE may result in... unpleasantness. Of the messy, fun kind. Which, of course, is of use to traitor, but been ages since I have seen it used like that.

Also, if you are quick, you can sprint for a coin and get Insulated Gloves. Which are THE accessory for hacking, rendering you invincible to shocks from wires.
You can order those too.

Yet another reason Cargo rules everything. Especially traitor or all-access Cargo. Aliens? Hostile operatives? Say hello to my little friend, riot shotgun. Need to hack something? Electrical Maintenance crate. Virologist wants to create a transhumanizing virus? Haul ass to as(s)teroid. Cargonia with enough access is more independent than the famously separatistic Atmosia.
Except you need to get an emitter from Engineeria to open locked crates.

Emitters open locked crates? How, if I may ask?

Same way Lasers open lockers, if I understand correctly. Blast the crate open, get items from inside.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: May 15, 2013, 06:10:14 am »

Emitters break crates tough, so shotguns may be better.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: May 15, 2013, 07:52:28 am »

On the subject of cults 'lolflashing', there's nothing to RP.  You use a magic rune drawn with your blood to force a person to join the cult of nar'sie.  The RP begins with stunning them, and ends with clicking on the rune.  After that, there's RP opportunity.

But either way, OOCing about IC stuff just because it didn't go the way you wanted is total BS.  Not that anyone seems to care much about IC in OOC anymore.  I personally wish the admins would just mute OOC for 15 minutes every time someone gives away IC info in OOC.  Let the players bitch out the offending player(s) for making them lose OOC, and avoid any ban/punishment drama.

Really, rev is the same thing as cult. The syndicate teaches you a special technique to brainwash people into joining your revolution, which is clearly stated at round start.  Rev is essentially just a much harder cult for the most part, so when you've got crewmembers who you try to RP revolutionary stuff with, and they tell sec, it only makes it harder.  The RPing rev conversions rule was based on very low populations, where the entire security force was generally the captain and HoS.  So that rule might not really make sense anymore.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 07:54:01 am by Damiac »

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: May 15, 2013, 07:55:56 am »

What Cargonia lacks is a microwave and meat spike. We are willing to trade with the kitchen and botany via the mail/disposals system. Do not attempt to waylay our MULE's when they are on their journey. The next one might run you over. On this server we take cash and hot cooked meals in exchange for raw materials.

There's a microwave on the mining asteroid.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: May 15, 2013, 08:14:48 am »

What Cargonia lacks is a microwave and meat spike. We are willing to trade with the kitchen and botany via the mail/disposals system. Do not attempt to waylay our MULE's when they are on their journey. The next one might run you over. On this server we take cash and hot cooked meals in exchange for raw materials.

There's a microwave on the mining asteroid.

From the Bible of SS13: "The Owl answered, 'It is written: "Assistants shall not live on donk-pockets alone..."'"
Also often called Boowells.
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 1654